PDA

View Full Version : i just can't figure it out!

thegreat1
08-08-2008, 03:08 PM
so i have an rc surfer that i put a bl system in feigao 12s, ep 4500 6c nimh, aggressor srx tx and hitech rx, with a hitech servo and a proboats 45amp esc. so i ran it once when i finally got all of it together and it was great worked fine. the next day i charged the batteries get everything ready turned the boat on for a dry run (as i do before every run) and nothing. so i tried a diff esc and nothing diff rx with same xtals still nothing. so now i am out of ideas. neither of the esc's even had an opening tone or anything. so what do you guys think? i don;t have a clue. would my rx cause this? i tried putting a rx pack on it and plugged a servo in to see if i could just get it to move and it doesn'. could my xtal be bad? i used the same one in both rx's i tried and could that couse my delima? i am about sick of this project and need it to start running properly or i am just going to scrap it (which i really don'twant to do.

thanks all,
jeremy

Doby
08-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Did anything get wet last time out? Are the batteries good? Did they take a full charge? Are the connectors on the packs corroded at all causing no contact to be made?

thegreat1
08-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Did anything get wet last time out? Are the batteries good? Did they take a full charge? Are the connectors on the packs corroded at all causing no contact to be made?

no nothing got wet that i know of. i think the batteries are good. i'm not really sure. i have a crappy vision peak 2 and i have to hit the start button a couple of times through the charge, i asked the guy at my lhs and he said that it is because nimh bateries have multiple paeks through the charge and the charger thinks
those are the end peak, is this true? no the connectors aren't coroded. and thats all i got.

Rex R
08-08-2008, 07:18 PM
well there are 2 possibilities 1) the rx aint talking to the boat and 2) the tx aint putting out.
have you checked the tx batteries?

ETOWNE
08-08-2008, 08:42 PM
no nothing got wet that i know of. i think the batteries are good. i'm not really sure. i have a crappy vision peak 2 and i have to hit the start button a couple of times through the charge, i asked the guy at my lhs and he said that it is because nimh bateries have multiple paeks through the charge and the charger thinks
those are the end peak, is this true? no the connectors aren't coroded. and thats all i got.

They might be right if your running BEC ? Take a voltage meter and measure your pack, should be like 8.5 volts if you have good packs. If your freshley charged pack is below that you might not have charged the pack, or you might have a bad cell. Thus making the voltage too low for the bec to work. When you discharge tose EP's, don't fully discharge them. Leave them around 1.0 volt per cell.

thegreat1
08-08-2008, 09:09 PM
well there are 2 possibilities 1) the rx aint talking to the boat and 2) the tx aint putting out.
have you checked the tx batteries?

tx says 11.6 volts on the screen.

thegreat1
08-08-2008, 09:14 PM
They might be right if your running BEC ? Take a voltage meter and measure your pack, should be like 8.5 volts if you have good packs. If your freshley charged pack is below that you might not have charged the pack, or you might have a bad cell. Thus making the voltage too low for the bec to work. When you discharge tose EP's, don't fully discharge them. Leave them around 1.0 volt per cell.

i didn't even think about that. the pro boats esc has a bec set from the factory correct? if so then running only 6 cells and not programing it to have no bec would cause the esc to not turn on right? if i am totally wrong let me know and if any one could recomend to a decent esc around 70-80 amp that would work with my set up i would appreciate it. i really want to get this thing running good and really need help.

kck741
08-08-2008, 09:40 PM
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=xpo-blb100a

Try this it says its 100 amps but is really good for around 70,good price to,my friend has one works well(i would buy the programmer for it also)

ETOWNE
08-08-2008, 10:42 PM
i didn't even think about that. the pro boats esc has a bec set from the factory correct? if so then running only 6 cells and not programing it to have no bec would cause the esc to not turn on right? if i am totally wrong let me know and if any one could recomend to a decent esc around 70-80 amp that would work with my set up i would appreciate it. i really want to get this thing running good and really need help.

If your using the BJ speedo on 6 cell,which I don't even know if it's rated for that,You'll have to cut the red wire to the receiver. Then, run a battery pack to the receiver.

RCprince
08-08-2008, 10:55 PM
-Continuous Maximum Current:45A
-Input Voltage:Minimum 10V, Maximum 21V
-Momentary Peak Current:55A
-BEC Voltage:5.8V

thegreat1
08-09-2008, 09:03 AM
so a new esc it is. does anyone know of one i can run a single 6 cell 7.4 volt pack that will work?

Doby
08-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Or you could try a 3S Lipo.