PDA

View Full Version : Charger connectors for batteries to boat and from batteries to new charger. Confused!

Zach
04-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Help I'm totally new to FE boats, and totally new to boats period. I purchased the new I charger 406 duo for my zonda and have seen up to 4 to 6 batteries charged on one channel. The batteries have bullet leads as well does the boat. What do I need to charge 4 to 6 packs on one channel all packs are 4s 5600 mah. The company that sold me the 406 duo said I should change all my 5.5 bullet connectors to ec5. Why? Any help will be much appreciated thanks.

HydroMike
04-19-2014, 11:45 PM
My take on it is that they might be thinking little safety being ur new, with the use of the ec5 plugs being ur new to the boat thing. I think the 5.5 bullet's are better just have to be careful with them as far as putting caps on the ends when done and such

Zach
04-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Yeah I like the bullets to plus I'm $1300 in this electric stuff now. I can make some caps for the bullets. I'm new to electrics and boats but been doing nitro for a little over 12 years now.