PDA

View Full Version : Does the Motley Crew hull require blueprinting to run flat?

fusion_m8
04-19-2014, 01:18 AM
Hi gang:

I am relatively new to the sport of RC boats, I currently have a Miss Geico 29" that porpoises quite badly and I've read much about how these MG hulls need blueprinting to reduce/eliminate the porpoising. I've purchased the BJ29 offset rudder, Grimracer 42x55 prop, adjusted the strut height/prop angle and fiddled around with the COG to reduce the porpoising. Its running better now but nowhere near flat like some of the setups seen on youtube where the hulls have been blueprinted.

I MAY decide to sell off my MG and buy the Motley Crew as I haven't come across a video on youtube of a MC porpoising badly, even straight out of the box! There are far more videos on youtube of MGs porpoising than MCs. All the MC videos I've seen, whether stock or modified, the MC hulls cuts through water so much better than the MG hulls, or am I just biased towards the MC?

Are the MC hulls that much better than the MG hulls???

The MC chassis also appears better constructed because its painted inside, not bare unpainted fibreglass like the MG. The fully open square design also offers easier access to the batteries, motor and other electrics than the MG chassis.

Please advise guys!

fusion_m8
04-19-2014, 01:20 AM
Updated.

fusion_m8
04-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Updated.

part time rc
06-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Get you a Props 4 U (Mark Sholund)M445 sharpened, lightened,detongued, V-cut, and balanced. Set the strut angle & height right and bust those Motley Crews & Lucas Oils. I blueprinted my sponsons after the first maiden run but no success stopping the porposing until I put Mark's prop on. Not only does it go faster, the motor & speed control run cooler
Check out video 6/1/14 local small pond. The yellow boat is a Mystic 29 stock motor & speed control, 4mm cooling lines, kintec offset breakaway rudder, carbon fiber battery trays with straps, carbom fiber inlay & yellow paint. This thing turns on a dime with very little loss of speed. Hope this helps. Scott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm84vtkZGF8

fusion_m8
06-22-2014, 10:18 AM
Thanks.