PDA

View Full Version : upgraded Revolt 30

stlurface
04-08-2014, 10:57 PM
ready to start 2nd season of boating so still a newb, over the winter I laid in CF, upgraded to 4074 leopard and turnigy 180 esc, also added second water pickup. Boat is sweet, however just bench tested it and at full throttle runs fast for few seconds then slows down and stops, if I release throttle and then go full throttle it runs fast again and then slows down,etc, etc.
Any ideas? Battery is still charged, I wasn't sure how to program the esc as the sticker on front gave me 12 options but I could only program 4.
Thanks!

Fella1340
04-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Check the low voltage cutoff, some of the 180's have an issue with them. Lower it first and see if that helps. Disable it if no change after lowering. That's all I got.

Luck as a Constant
04-19-2014, 05:32 PM
don't run it full throttle out of the water for starters.

secondly, it may be the batteries. as stated try disarming the lvc. if that doesn't help your batteries are probably toast

Fella1340
04-19-2014, 09:23 PM
I missed the wide open throttle on the bench part! That's never a good idea, the high unloaded motor rpms can damage motor and esc. Any testing like that should always be done on water. You may not even have a problem. Try it on water keeping it close. Lower the lvc if the problem happens on water, disable lvc if it still occurs. Check back in if and let us know how things went. Don't go throwing out out your batteries if your still having a problem. Saying your batteries are toast if disabling your lvc doesn't work is a little simplistic. Try another set of batteries out if you have them. it very well may have been the wide open throttle on the bench making it cut out. If everything checks out Ok on the water you are still going to need to monitor your motor bearings as they may be damaged especially if you did this many times! Good luck

stlurface
04-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I found a post here and re programed the esc accordingly, put in water and in ran great, fast!!! All the upgrades added a lot of weight but with that motor it gets up and goes. Thanks again.