PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Boat Mini-V or Reef Racer2 or Mini-Z ??

Drakken
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM
I had a Reef Racer when they first came out. It was fun but after taking on too much water it got fried. Now they have the RR2 which is better sealed. I was going to get one then I stumbled arcoss the Pro-Boat Mini-V.

So, which do you all like better? I will be running it about 90% of the time in a 16'X32' pool and once in a while at a local pond.

Also, I saw the Kyosho Cat on the main page. How is that compared to these 2??

Diegoboy
05-14-2007, 08:56 PM
My vote goes to the Mini-V.
I don't own any of the others, but I have watched others run them. My MV is, so far, my fav boat to run.
It's in a state of a disassembly because of a brushless upgrade though.:D

*Edit, I've not seen the Mini-Z run. I thought you were talking about the Zig Zag. Sorry!

Drakken
05-14-2007, 09:04 PM
My vote goes to the Mini-V.
I don't own any of the others, but I have watched others run them. My MV is, so far, my fav boat to run.
It's in a state of a disassembly because of a brushless upgrade though.:D

*Edit, I've not seen the Mini-Z run. I thought you were talking about the Zig Zag. Sorry!

Not to highjack my own thread but there is a video of a brushless Mini-V and it is FAST and stable.

I have owned 2 Zig Zags and I will not own another.

Diegoboy
05-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I saw that. I'm still in doubt if the video was sped up just a bit. I'm converting mine for the speed, and to see if that kind of speed & stability was real.
My only prob is I don't want to make the jump to lipoly. The stock battery won't push the amps, so I went to Sub C's (6) I call that pack, the "mummy" pack lol. She's HEAVY with that pack in it.

hammertime
05-14-2007, 09:15 PM
i saw a video of the mini cat with the upgrade motor and that thing impressed me very much ill see if i can find it and post it.... it would be an exciting boat in a pool and fun in a pond..... ill find the vid hang on a few momments for the post

hammertime
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ZnzE5PvL0

hammertime
05-14-2007, 09:42 PM
wont those packs make the boat a little front heavy

Diegoboy
05-14-2007, 10:04 PM
They may, but I'm going to completely change the hardware too...

Drakken
05-15-2007, 09:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8ZnzE5PvL0

Nice. I'd like to know what he did to it to make it faster.

SweetZ28
05-15-2007, 09:44 AM
That's probably stock with the hop up kyosho motor and the smallest prop.... Only thing he may have did was run a small lipo that's my guess... with the hop up motor and small prop the mini z cat goes pretty well..... But I think the Mini V is a better choice for a mini sized boat but if you want one that fits in your hand the mini Z is cool.

Drakken
05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
That's probably stock with the hop up kyosho motor and the smallest prop.... Only thing he may have did was run a small lipo that's my guess... with the hop up motor and small prop the mini z cat goes pretty well..... But I think the Mini V is a better choice for a mini sized boat but if you want one that fits in your hand the mini Z is cool.

Well, I went to the LHS during lunch and picked up a Mini-V in yellow. Can't wait to run it!

SweetZ28
05-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Make sure you look over it and cheak all the drive joints mine had one on wrong and it wattled left and right bad i took the whole drive apart and also reassembled it and re alined everything up now it runs much smoother.

hammertime
05-16-2007, 01:07 AM
that little thing is a weel put together boat for its size and cost.... pretty cool