PDA

View Full Version : swordfish esc

dennislawler11
04-06-2014, 06:15 PM
i have a swordfish 220a esc in an ml boatworks px 335. i cannot seem to get the esc to program to a pistol grip radio, it works great with a two stick radio. am i doing somthing wrong?

grsboats
04-06-2014, 07:26 PM
if your pistol is a futaba you have to reverse the throthle first.let we know what kind of transmitter is yours.Gill

dennislawler11
04-07-2014, 09:55 PM
i am using a tactic ttx240. i should buy a better radio for a 70 mph boat.i looked at the instuctions online. it says i need to calibrate the high throttle first which i was not doing. i will try it tommorow and let you know how it works. thank you for your help. i am new to boating.

DJkayak
04-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Perhaps you could help me out also. I am also a beginner and have been using a Castle Ice 240 ESC to get my data logging, however Castle as you my know has stopped selling this product. So I am now looking to buy a Swordfish Plus 200A to use for getting my data to tune my boat. Can you tell me a little bit about what I can expect will be different from the Castle? Does the Swordfish record the ripple voltage? Etc. ?

Thank you
Dave Vollmers
The Villages FL.
DJkayak2@gmail.com

tlandauer
04-21-2014, 12:06 PM
i am using a tactic ttx240. i should buy a better radio for a 70 mph boat.i looked at the instuctions online. it says i need to calibrate the high throttle first which i was not doing. i will try it tommorow and let you know how it works. thank you for your help. i am new to boating.
I don't know about the Swordfish ESC, but the Tactic has only a throttle trim, not a separate Throttle End Point Adjustment. Sometimes my ESC ( Seaking as well as the AquaCraft) won't program properly until I turn the throttle trim knob below mid point. Sometimes it will work , sometimes you need to further turn it down until it arms.

properchopper
04-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Dennis,

I've recently built two (with a third on the bench) customer boats with the Swordfish 220A 6S ESC and used a Tactic (as my bench test radio). I had the throttle channel on "R" for reverse, the trim in the middle. I held full throttle, plugged in the battery, some beeps, then it mated.

dennislawler11
04-21-2014, 08:17 PM
the 220a one i have will record current/voltage, motor rpm and temp. it will also record throttle travel. i will have to look on my data cd to see if it records ripple current. i will get back to you on that. if you like castle escs you can convert the the airplane ones to water cooling. ose has the parts to do it. i have heard the work out preey good.
dennis

dennislawler11
04-27-2014, 11:38 PM
i have a problem with the esc. i was running my boat today it kept shutting off. if i go to zero throttle it comes back. i dont think it is a radio signal problem. the esc is set for auto detect. the instructions say it will shut off if there is no radio signal or the low voltage cutoff point is reached. has anyone had any problems with this?

darryl whitman
05-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Im using a 4pls futaba, I too had problems with some esc's heres what I did with my futaba
EXP-brake at -85, END POINT-thr-FWD 120, brake 20. SUBTRIM-thr -B-31. REVERSE- thr only. alsoset your micro thr trimby the steering wheel at B-14.
this works for all my boats using the 4PLS radio. hope this helps