PDA

View Full Version : 2014 IMPBA District 12 Race #1 -April 25-27 2014, Boonesboro, MD

Chilli
03-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Okay folks. First District Race of the season is less than a month and will be hosted by the Model Boaters of Baltimore. The venue will be at Greenbrier State Park in Boonsboro, MD the weekend of April 25-27. Sign up is via mail but after you send in your entry, hop on the www.rcracingevents.com web site to register and let everyone know what classes you signed up for. Again, mail in entry via the attached pdf file is the only official way to enter. There is no class listed for P-Limited Sport Hydro in the flier so if you want to sign up for this class, sign up for Sport 20 since we traditionally run the two classes combined.

I'm looking forward to an exciting year of racing in 2014. With ODMBA acquiring a new pond in Smithfield, VA we will have a full five race schedule this season at five different venues. We are also bringing back the points championship this year so I am expecting good participation at all our races. We have a few rule changes in the district this year so hop on the Capitol Club web site at www.capitolrcmodelboats.com to check out the new rules (and review the old ones).

Post here if you have any questions or want to post what classes you will be running.

HydroMike
03-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Trying to get off and make this one I might have to work hoping to know next week

Chilli
03-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Sounds good Mikey. Hope you can make it.

Hey, are you close to Aeromarine??

HydroMike
03-29-2014, 12:42 AM
Ya too close going there in the morning

Chilli
03-29-2014, 12:49 AM
Cool. I need you to do a transaction for me down the road if it's not a hassle. I'll drop you a line next week.

HydroMike
03-29-2014, 07:29 PM
OK just let me know

bsmtboy2
04-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Let's go guys get those entries in ASAP. Mail me your flyer info/ classes then go to www.rcracingevents.com and add your classes there . Three weeks to go......

Cravacor
04-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I am a sport boater, but will definitely be there with the kids to spectate, can't wait!

Chilli
04-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Hey Tom, Stop by and introduce yourself. I'll be by the black trailer with the IMPBA logo on the side. Ask for Chilli.

Cravacor
04-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Will do, definitely looking forward to it. I may even sneak out Friday day if i can get away from work for a little bit!

madmikepags
04-11-2014, 01:33 PM
hey I dont see the race on rc racing events???

Chilli
04-12-2014, 01:42 AM
it's in there as "36th Annual Thunder in the Park". Posting on RC Racing Events is not required for this race as the only method of officially signing up is via mail. So I have no idea how many have actually signed up.

bsmtboy2
04-12-2014, 11:40 PM
2 weeks to go guys.......get your entry in the mail to me ASAP!

John boat
04-15-2014, 09:27 AM
So were do we really sign up

Chilli
04-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Official sign up is by mail using the .pdf file in the first post. RC Racing events is just to let everyone know what classes you will be running.

bsmtboy2
04-16-2014, 10:29 PM
We need more p hydro boats.....come on guys let's get those entries in the mail ASAP.

John boat
04-16-2014, 10:59 PM
i was just on rcraceing events i can put a nitro cat together for open nitro fe hydro an have a battery powered mono its a aqua craft 27 if u dont get enough rtr

John boat
04-16-2014, 11:35 PM
Going to the storage unit in the morning I think I may have a very rough 1/8 scale in there I could put together in less someone has one sitting I can drop a rc an motor in to help the class

Chilli
04-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Charles, I had the only P-Hydro in the district last year and put that motor in my P-Mono for this year. Put Mike in Open Nitro/FE Hydro. Thats the class I ran in last year. I'll be running a new S-Hydro if I get my new battery in time.

bsmtboy2
04-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Larry has a p hydro...... Where is Carl and George?

Chilli
04-17-2014, 01:36 PM
I did'nt know Larry had one unless he is running the sport hydro. I know the other gentleman in your club had one and Larry told me he added the class for him.

I sent a email out to Capitol Club members to see who was planning on attending. I did send everyone a reminder on Monday to get their entries in this week.

For now I know Me, John, Sean and Robin are coming. John's buddy Brandon (the bean pole) is probably coming also. I'll check on the others and let you know.

bsmtboy2
04-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Cool

Chilli
04-17-2014, 06:10 PM
I forgot Robin is coming also but you already know that. George is celebrating his 75th birthday next weekend with his family so he can't make it. Got a email from Daryl and he has two motors that need breaking in so he is out. I have two new club members but they are Drag Bike racing next weekend. Haven't heard from Carl. The crappy weather earlier in the week is probably going to cause our test and tune to be cancelled this weekend. it's just been a crummy early spring and it seems everyone is late coming out of the chute. I know that SAW's is hurting us also but you know what.. I'm going to have a good time no matter how many show up. Looking forward to next weekend!! I dropped John and my entry off at the post office before their last pick up this afternoon.

I didn't enter Gas rigger because Trent, John and William are all out. If you get another entry besides Robin, you can enter me in the class and I'll square up with you at the race.

HOTWATER
04-19-2014, 12:27 PM
I will not be able to attend this one...

Have a good time guys!

-Kent

bsmtboy2
04-20-2014, 01:23 AM
Gonna miss u kent....get that Q hydro done!!

bsmtboy2
04-20-2014, 01:25 AM
Chilli, there was a guy at your race from Pa that ran electrics, his last name was Nusmeyer or something close. If you still have his entry info give him a call to see if he wants to race. He had a black apprition hull that was really fast. Danny May have his gas rigger ready...

nitro557
04-20-2014, 11:07 AM
sorry im gonna be missing this one

Chilli
04-27-2014, 10:33 PM
I want to thank Larry, Charles and the rest of the Model Boaters of Baltimore for the great job they did hosting the first district race this past weekend. Turn out was a little light due to scheduling conflict in the district and people saving their boats for Tunnel Masters next week, but the racing was competitive and everyone had a great time.

On a personal note, there were a few folks that dropped by and introduced themselves. I want to apologize to them for not being able to chat to them as much as I would of liked. Between running four classes, watching my older son running two more, keeping an eye on my younger son, and entertaining my inlaw's who dropped by, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I hope those that dropped by enjoyed watching the races and would consider joining us in the future. Please don't hesitate to contact me or post if you have any questions about what you saw or the classes we run.

For those that didn't whiteness it, I smoked the Castle 200HV on my S Rigger this afternoon. Although my pride and wallet are hurt, I'm happy to report the aluminum casing on the Castle controller contained allot of the burning electronics and there was no damage to the boat. All of the black soot that was left in the boat was residue from smoke and buring wires and it was easily whipped clean with a rag and some alcohol. Cause of the meltdown??? The stuffing tube was set up as many fuel guys do with a inner tube and short outer tube where the flex exits the hull. The inner tube which was soldered to the outer tube broke free and slid up the flex shaft where it rubbed up against the collet, increasing the load on the motor. Expensive lesson learned...........

Next race is scheduled for next month in Queenstown, Md on the Eastern Shore. Danny or myself will make sure the sign up info is posted here on OSE as soon as it's available. The Capitol Club will be having a Test and Tune at our Club pond in Centerville, VA On Saturday May 10th at 10am (Sunday is Mothers Day). We pushed back the date a week from our normal time because of heavy rains expected this week.

HydroMike
04-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Hey chillie wife and I had a great time glad to see most of the guys and yes I will be running I guess lol

Chilli
04-28-2014, 10:18 AM
It was good seeing you Mike and meeting your wife. Thanks for helping me out with the Aeromarine thing. Get to work on those boats. Delmarva is three weeks away. :smile:

HydroMike
04-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Got that stuff chilli will go over to AM Wednesday night

Chilli
04-28-2014, 09:42 PM
You are close..... Too Close. LOL Thanks bro. Tell him to build me a good one.