PDA

View Full Version : Help connecting to Hifei program card

de-pro
03-23-2014, 07:47 PM
I recently picked up a Swordfish 200 pro 8s ESC, this esc does not come with a built in BEC. I also picked up the program card to help me change the setup while in the field.
The diagram #2 in the manual shows using the Y cable to wire everything together. It looks like you actually have to use 2 sets of them although not quite clear in the attached picture from the manual.
Please let me know if I am getting it right:
Use one Y cable, connect the female ends to both male plugs coming out of the ESc.
Use the male end of the Y cable and connect to the female end of another Y cable.
Connect the second female end of the secondary Y cable to the male lead from the battery
Connect the male end of the secondary Y cable to the programmer.

Does this make sense or I am over complicating it :confused2:

Thanks for the assistance

srislash
03-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Do you have the Swordy Y cable? Or are you trying to make your own?

de-pro
03-23-2014, 08:34 PM
No I don't have such cable. I didn't realize you had to use a special cable.
Anything special about it or the dual Y cable will work?

de-pro
03-25-2014, 09:08 PM
anyone is able to help figure this Y cable out?

srislash
03-25-2014, 10:57 PM
sorry bud, let me get mine for verification

de-pro
03-25-2014, 11:07 PM
NP, thanks

srislash
03-25-2014, 11:07 PM
I know I have had issues with some of the older ones here. You can try hooking a Rx battery to the box in the provided slot and the ESC Rx lead to the other and that may work. May come up with Swordfish lit up on Box. It has worked for me on some but not all. Now said 'Y' connector, I just checked with a tester and that battery lead supplies power to all other plugs.

de-pro
03-25-2014, 11:17 PM
I dont have the program box, just the USB linker and the program card.
If the power goes across all the leads, then I assume pairing up the two Y cables should do the trick. I will try it out that way.
Thanks for checking it out.

srislash
03-25-2014, 11:22 PM
The program card will give info thru the Rx lead then. Should just need to add power to the secondary lead from ESC and Rx from ESC to card. IF it had BEC it would be simply plug into card and connect power, correct?

de-pro
03-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the help. I got it working with the two Y cables connected together. Here is the picture of the contraption :laugh:

srislash
03-27-2014, 08:07 AM
Glad to have been of assistance.