PDA

View Full Version : SV27 rules

Todd Fleury
03-20-2014, 10:58 AM
I am looking to pick up an SV27. Can someone give me the rules for the class?

T.S.Davis
03-20-2014, 11:56 AM
bone stock. You can adjust the strut, scuff the bottom, paint, move the batteries forward and backward. etc. The idea was pretty close to out of the box.

We have hand out 42x55's on race day.

Somewhere there's a written document but that's basically the deal.

jfrancisco892
03-20-2014, 03:33 PM
If you give me your email address I'll send you the rules doc.

longballlumber
03-22-2014, 10:03 PM
It would be really cool to get you involved in this class Todd. This was an attempt to get as close to "IROC" style racing as we could. While it's easy to place the "beginner" label on this class, I prefer to call it a drivers/tuners class. To me there is nothing better than putting racers on the pond with the same hull, batteries, and prop to promote competition!

Here is the guy your chasing for the AquaCup in 2014 http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?45059-2013-SV27R-Box-Stock-High-Points-Champ-Jimmy-Francisco-Receives-AquaCraft-Cup!!!!

Later,
Ball

jfrancisco892
03-22-2014, 11:03 PM
I agree with mike in calling it a drivers/tuners class as it is definitely more of that than a beginners class. This is not to say that this is not a beginners class as it is a great way to get into boat racing, but if you want to be competitive in this class you have to be able to drive and tune the boat since everyone is on the same level as far as equipment is concerned. For these reasons it is my favorite class in the club. Really looking forward to racing this year (provided the pond is not a solid by the time the first race rolls around). Glad to have new people in the club like you Todd and look forward to racing with you in SV27 this year.

What classes are you planning on running this season Todd?