PDA

View Full Version : Very poor quality of MHZ Mystic 1380 hull

Maciek74
03-19-2014, 03:22 PM
I bought this hull a week ago
http://www.mhz-powerboats.com/Hulls/category-31/Mystic-C-5000-Carbon-Cevlar----1380-mm---54-3-.html
when it came i couldnt believe what i see, extremely poor quality, interior of hull made with cardinal mistakes:
- 1cm diameter air bubbles in end of sponsons, just under CAFK layer (can see on vid),
- extra CAFK triangle layer on one side of tunnel (can see on vid),
- "pool" of not removed glue on bottom of left sponson (around 4mm thick) now hard as glass,
- dents in bottom og hull.
vid on YT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7HrQkkqas4

When i demand return of money, they said ok, but both shipping costs are on you, because we cant see our fault "if you dont like our product" :)

bracka69
03-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Did they by chance send you one of their hulls that require additional work like sanding and so forth? Why I ask is because on their website you have that option to choose a nice finished hull or a hull like that and it's 100 euros cheaper. Maybe they sent you one of those hulls by mistake or by chance you clicked on that hull and didn't realize it. #Justsaying

Maciek74
03-19-2014, 04:20 PM
it was a "promotion" hull, as they said : "670euro + 46 motor mounts + 16 servo mount = 732 euro with discount 102 euro" so i paid 630 euro plus shipping cost, so it had to be their best and most expensive 1380 hull, but even "promotion" cant explain this basic failures of production technology they did...

twissted
03-20-2014, 01:15 AM
I bought a hull from fightercrapcat that was even worse and I got even worse service. And was told while it was in shipping that the owner looked it over him self before shipping. If that is so then I was meant to get a factory 2nd. Mine had holes in the poorly done seams and bubbles and loose material all over the hull. The people here tell others where to buy and how come but I have never been treated the way these so called premium sellers had treated me. Then some are great and are happy to work with you. OBR has this same service to customers that get a defective motor. I can say that if your unhappy with the way your treated then do just what your doing and hit'm where it hurts the wallet.

ManuelW
03-27-2014, 10:09 AM
Its difficult to see the errors on the video and I cant tell how good or bad the hull really is. If you want top end manufactured hulls, get a HPR 135 as comparison. What about strength and stiffness, is the hull matching your expectations? I'd also be interested in the weight of the empty hull.

regards,
Manuel

noworknguy
03-30-2014, 12:14 AM
I would call they. Tell them about how you feel about their quality control. Ask them what they want to do about the problem and direct them to u- tube and the video. Good luck.

Luck as a Constant
03-30-2014, 09:23 AM
It always amazes me how some of the more expensive products we buy in general, have such poor service sometimes. Hope you get it straightened out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nata2run
03-31-2014, 08:43 AM
We're these by any chance the "cheaper" offered hulls from MHZ, or the normal full price range? Would be bad business for them to suddenly have a quality drop of that calliper. If this is the cheaper version, maybe it should be mentioned? I'm just taking a non qualified guess...

nata2run
03-31-2014, 08:56 AM
Its difficult to see the errors on the video and I cant tell how good or bad the hull really is. If you want top end manufactured hulls, get a HPR 135 as comparison. What about strength and stiffness, is the hull matching your expectations? I'd also be interested in the weight of the empty hull.

regards,
Manuel

With out a doubt that HPR is the nicest work of all times.... Sadly Manuel the price war wins in many cases. I have a first generation HPR in glass (4-6 years old?), had crashes and been repaired. Still going strong.

bracka69
03-31-2014, 11:42 AM
We're these by any chance the "cheaper" offered hulls from MHZ, or the normal full price range? Would be bad business for them to suddenly have a quality drop of that calliper. If this is the cheaper version, maybe it should be mentioned? I'm just taking a non qualified guess...

Kent that was the same question I asked but he replied saying this was the better quality hull.

nata2run
04-01-2014, 12:43 AM
LOL, saw that after I hit post.... It don't make a lot of sense to me though. We always knew that MHZ was "ok" but nothing like this here. I still don't understand why they just can make a carbon version... or carbon/kevlar/carbon

hanspeter
04-02-2014, 09:25 AM
HelloI got nothing to say. Why am I years myself caught boats to build???

greetz hanspeter

Fella1340
04-02-2014, 05:23 PM
I see another brand new mhz in the for sale section that looks a little rough to. Maybe this is what to expect?

Rumdog
04-02-2014, 07:42 PM
sand. fill. sand. prime. sand. paint.

Skullcracken
04-02-2014, 08:21 PM

regards,
Manuel

I contacted Shirley at MHZ via email and am retracting my prior post. I think this conversation should be more straightforward by those whom actually purchased an MHZ hull recently. Per MHZ, their longtime builder who has produced their hulls for over 20yrs was having difficulty meeting demand. MHZ decided to use an additional hull builder and didn't decide to make hulls with less material or cut corners. The new builder's first run of hulls were substandard and MHZ noted this and sold the hulls at a good discount, (an average of 100eur to 200eur discount). These were sold at this discount rate with the acknowledgement that they were lower quality. So those who purchased and got a flawed hull, did not pay the normal retail rate. You only have a reason to complain if you paid the normal full price directly from MHZ and received one of the thin, or flawed hulls. Not fair to MHZ to gripe if you got a discounted hull.

Skullcracken
04-02-2014, 09:17 PM
sand. fill. sand. prime. sand. paint.

No man. You can't dress up a turd...

Rumdog
04-02-2014, 10:02 PM
you sure can. A little elbow grease and that hull can be fantastic.

Alexgar
04-02-2014, 10:34 PM
you sure can. A little elbow grease and that hull can be fantastic.

For that price shouldn't have to

Skullcracken
04-03-2014, 09:04 PM
it was a "promotion" hull, as they said : "670euro + 46 motor mounts + 16 servo mount = 732 euro with discount 102 euro" so i paid 630 euro plus shipping cost, so it had to be their best and most expensive 1380 hull, but even "promotion" cant explain this basic failures of production technology they did...

If you look at the site now there are 3 1380mm C5000's. One is all glass for 460 eur, one carbon fiber/kev for 570 eur, and another carbon fiber/kev for 670 eur. Also, the 570 eur hull is noted to need sanding and defects are possible. The promotion gave the same 100 eur discount for the lesser quality hulls.
Basically the discounted hulls were made by their new builder who is not as experienced as their main builder with 20 yrs experience. So instead of scrapping them, they sold them discounted, with the lesser quality noted. Maybe through the promotion this wasn't as clear.

lieutenantjoe
04-05-2014, 10:43 AM
You are right , nobody wants get hull when you get brandnew one even if they have discount for their product , but i guess you can give them another chance to fix their fault if there is something wrong