PDA

View Full Version : Spektrum Customer Service

Rocstar
03-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Everyone has their opinion of what radio system works best. I say if it works for you, run with it. I run Spektrum for just about everything. My DX4S runs everything I own and my sons have their own Spektrum radios. Last year I bought a used MR3000 RX and it stopped working shortly after. I threw in my box of bad parts (I have a hard time throwing out damaged electronics, some parts could possibly be reused...but mostly because of how much I spent on them makes it hard to do so). Then I had a throttle channel on another MR3000 I had bought new quit working. I sent that one in for warranty; I also sent my defective “used” RX along with no paperwork or receipt. I expected a quote to repair or replace the used one. A few weeks later two brand new in the box MR3000s showed up. No questions ask or explanations given...cool. A few weeks ago I was working on my E-Revo and our new kitten chewed the antenna off a SR410 RX. So I sent it in to have a new antenna installed. Again, expecting an estimate to repair. However, today a new SR410 arrived with a note that read “In the spirit of customer service, your SR410 has been replaced free of charge.”…..Good deal! Anyway, I thought it was cool of Horizon Hobby and was worth sharing.

:thumbup1:

JimClark
03-06-2014, 09:26 PM
great to hear:banana::w00t:

kfxguy
03-06-2014, 11:01 PM
I bought a proboat shockwave 26 and the receiver died in it. Called proboat. I expected them to want my receipt...send it in yada yada....nope. just shipped me a new one. Awesome. On the other hand...I bought a mini Rio for my 10 year old. The ESC died in it on like the third run. Well I called aqua craft up expecting the same level of customer service that I got from proboat (horizon, spektrum). Nope, the guy was semi rude and wanted receipt, ship it in....nah. I just bought another one and made a mental note of that. Horizon hobbies can't be beat in my opinion.

srislash
03-06-2014, 11:07 PM
That is impressive Joel. Guess I should dig that old one(Rx) out.

Doug Smock
03-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Very cool!!