PDA

View Full Version : NYC Metro Area

Sparky-rc
08-03-2008, 11:21 AM
HI,

Any there any clubs or hobbyists that run regularly in the NYC Metro Area? My partner and I would love to meet other FE boaters. We're in Yonkers NY and so far there is no one to run with. There has to be some activity somewhere nearby. We're not looking for sanctioned races, just fun runs.

Tom

dirtysouth31
08-03-2008, 11:27 AM
go to the hobby shop on mount vernon ave by the metro north and find out where everybody is runnin..."big toyzs for big boyz"seems to ring a bell on the name of the shop..been a couple years since..

Sparky-rc
08-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. We use that hobby shop all the time, but unfortunately they do very little in boats, and don't know of anyone running them. Thanks again.

go to the hobby shop on mount vernon ave by the metro north and find out where everybody is runnin..."big toyzs for big boyz"seems to ring a bell on the name of the shop..been a couple years since..

hex-dj
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I went to NYC recently and I run boats .Ex. my moded sv 27 and moded BJ 26. I thought of the same thing that sparky-rc wrote about when I went there. It seems that in some states Hobby shops dont pay much attention to r/c boats. I went to that same Hobby shop and bought some parts for my r/c car though.

crazzy maxx
08-16-2008, 03:08 PM
i live on the island. i know of some people (fellow scale rock crawlers) that run f/e's but arent on ose or rumrunner

Sparky-rc
08-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Do you know when and where they run??

Tom

crazzy maxx
08-16-2008, 09:25 PM
hempstead lake i think saturdays:confused2:
heres a up comming event
http://www.namba.com/content/showdistrict.asp?District=1&Contact=15

00garyc
08-31-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm about 1hr. from the city there are 2 of us upstate that run all the time we also wondered where everyone is maybee we could find a mid point and get together bear mountain in Rockland county has a few nice lakes its right off the Palasades

Sparky-rc
09-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the reply. My partner and I both have wacky schedules, and usually run on the spur of the moment. It would be hard to set up a meet in advance. We were hoping for a lake where they run every weekend, so that if we are both free we could hop over. I'll keep you in mind if we find in advance we have a free day. Do you know where these lakes are, and will they let us run??
Thanks again. Tom