PDA

View Full Version : Spektrum DX3S binding question

rdcracer
02-18-2014, 09:42 PM
I have a DX3S and am trying to bind to a MR200 receiver. The receiver flashes, hit bind and it stops flashing but that is it. What am I missing. I seem to remember in my cars you had to plug directly into a receiver pack to bind on the Spektrum micro receivers. Any ideas.

kfxguy
02-18-2014, 10:10 PM
ive noticed If i have the steering servo plugged in it wont bind. Are you plugging in the bind plug?

Rocstar
02-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Also make sure you remove the bind plug before turning off the TX.

rdcracer
02-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Havent tried the steering servo. I cant get far enough to remove bind plug.. The receiver stops flashing and goes off like it is binding then nothing.

mekzoid
02-18-2014, 11:52 PM
Bind plug and make sure throttle is at max

capnswanny
02-19-2014, 12:14 AM
And one final tip, keep the TX a few feet from the RX when binding. Works for me.

Fluid
02-19-2014, 07:47 PM
Captn has a good point. Years ago I could not get my receiver to bind, tried everything. Finally placed the transmitter three feet away and voila everything bound just fine.

BTW DO NOT bind with the throttle at full! If you do you are setting the fail safe so that if you lose signal the boat will go to full throttle without control. Not what most would want.

rdcracer
02-19-2014, 09:53 PM
OK I just spent 45 min trying everything. I even hooked up a 6v receiver pack. unplugged the steering servo. 4 ft away. It will not bind to this thing. The cheap Spectrum 2s that came with the Blackjack binds fine. YIKES. I have several land receivers for it, I think I'll just waterproof a couple of those and be done. I am just trying to get a transmitter with multiple models and adjustments. Thanks for all the ideas and if you can think of anything else please let me know.