PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion vs Dinogy

Erik Aa
02-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Has anyone tested both? How do they compare? I'm primarily thinking about 4s and 3s 5000mah packs.

Thanks,
Erik

Fluid
02-17-2014, 04:47 PM
My Dinogy 4S packs are interchangeable with my best G3 Hyperions. Actually they are a bit better but my Hyperions have about 50 more cycles on them. They all perform better than recent ThunderPowers do.

Brushless55
02-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Has anyone tested both? How do they compare? I'm primarily thinking about 4s and 3s 5000mah packs.

Thanks,
Erik

general sport boating most any pack works great...
but The LNE made Giant Power/Dinogy packs are great and hard to beat :thumbup1:
even the Nano ASpec packs are showing to be top performers in some testing on RC Groups

iridebikes247
02-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Dinogy packs are awesome and keep their voltage even in the most demanding conditions.

ron1950
02-18-2014, 03:11 PM
hey ya all left out giant power batteries...same good stuff as dinogy

KartRacer
02-24-2014, 09:57 PM
I have not had good luck with the Dynogy,s. One pair of 6s with failure after limited use. Graciously replaced by Mark. Now I have a cell failure in one of my pair OS 3s packs. Probably will have to try other brand.

Brushless55
02-24-2014, 11:14 PM
I've had a failure with a Dinogy pack as well.. puffed cell
good power though

MarkF
03-14-2014, 12:06 PM
Kartracer

I'm curious why you didn't tell me you had a bad cell. I take care of all factory failures as you well know but you didn't say anything about your 3s pack. There is a 1% failure rate or higher in all lipos and thats why I always take care of the customer when it's not his fault when a pack fails. Now if you ran the pack down to far that would cause problems but can't really blame the pack for that. Same goes to you Brushless. If you had a pack you bought from me and it failed I would I have taken care of you. But you seem more happy complaining on line than getting your battery replaced. Please send me a pick so I can take care of you.

Mark

properchopper
03-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Just so you know, Mark is now devoted full time to marketing what most hard core racers/record setters consider to be the best batteries available. He sponsors serious racers in the car, airplane, heli and boat realm at his own expense, not the battery manufacturers expense. He stands behind his products, and is always just a phone call away to handle any issues personally, not like a hobby shop or E-Bay reseller. Those who post comments based on "what they've heard or read" aren't serving well potential customers by reporting artifactual rumors. Anyone can puff a cell - it happens, but usually by overstressing it. It's not a reason to doubt the quality. Lots of people crash their Fords, but I still drive one. If it crashes it'll be my fault:wink:

Happy Pi Day (3.14)

Tony

ruffdawg
03-15-2014, 04:59 AM
I've had a failure with a Dinogy pack as well.. puffed cell
good power though
nothing but great luck with Marks Dinogy 4s 5000mah _ same results with the 4000mah 4s Giant power- .....

427srule
04-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Finally, the ice is gone and I was able to test out my new Dinogy 2s & 4s packs.
All I can say is "Thank You Mark!" They performed flawlessly.
The 5s packs will be tested in the next few days.
I highly recommend them!

Thank you,
Mike

HydroMike
04-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Now that's service
Well mark I will be placing an order soon
I got 4 2s hyperion 's year ago they was on storage charge they been sitting for awhile I charged them up to run for the first time and 3out or the 4 are little puffed not sure if I did something wrong or what so I'm looking to replace these I guess
Kartracer

I'm curious why you didn't tell me you had a bad cell. I take care of all factory failures as you well know but you didn't say anything about your 3s pack. There is a 1% failure rate or higher in all lipos and thats why I always take care of the customer when it's not his fault when a pack fails. Now if you ran the pack down to far that would cause problems but can't really blame the pack for that. Same goes to you Brushless. If you had a pack you bought from me and it failed I would I have taken care of you. But you seem more happy complaining on line than getting your battery replaced. Please send me a pick so I can take care of you.

Mark

Brushless55
04-03-2014, 12:12 AM
nothing but great luck with Marks Dinogy 4s 5000mah _ same results with the 4000mah 4s Giant power- .....

I have both (made by same company) Giant Power and Dinogy
I am getting better power with my Magnum 4s packs and they act like they get faster the more I use them... :rockon2:
Buzz is a cool dude! :biggrin:
http://www.motionunlimitedusa.com/page/6

MarkF
04-03-2014, 05:56 PM
HydroMike

A little puffy is ok. What you have to be aware of is the cell matching. As long as your cells are still matched up, within .05 or less you are fine. Also be aware if their getting hot after a run. You don't want that either.
Glad you guys are liking the packs. I appreciate the comments. Even yours Brushless55:)

Mark

Mark

Erik Aa
04-05-2014, 08:28 AM
My package of Dinogys arrived today. Excellent service and fast delivery, Mark. Can't wait to test them! ;-) Thanks!

Best,
Erik