PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy Aquastar 160A ESC programming with Tx is this possible?

mce076
02-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post, new to the forums and rc boat talk in general...

I am looking for information on how to program the Turnigy Aquastar 160A ESC with the Tx.
HKs product page says this is possible but cant find any info.

Has anyone had any experiences with this ESC ?

Thanks,
Mark

siberianhusky
02-08-2014, 07:08 AM
That looks a lot like a car esc with a water block instead of a fan.
Bit of a long shot but you could look under car escs and see if they have the same thing with the fan, might be some info there.
I see why you are having problems with the instructions, just a bit cryptic! Comes with the translation, not sure why they don't get somebody with a working grasp of English to translate, can't be that hard in the day if the internet, the literal translations are interesting to say the least.
After reading enough instructions like that it feels like you've learned some new strange hybrid language. The way things are going maybe it should be taught in schools.
My best suggestion would be to get the programming box, I don't like programming any of them with the tx, I'm never sure if I got it right by counting beeps. I always feel like I'm guessing it's right.

mce076
02-08-2014, 07:34 AM
yeah some comments in forums and HK suggest the same.. have tried to get it to be recognised by several programming cards with out any success
one of which for the turnigy trackstar esc which at least one person believes it to be (with a waterblock instead of fan as you also have suspected)

the boat is one I've had on the shelf for ages (Arpro P1 650mm) after I was given it by its original owner who had maybe 2 runs with it
it was somewhat neglected and a bit damaged, so I've had to replace a few items and have begun some basic mods (replaced prop with X442, motor now 1800kv and servo relocated and replaced with a waterproof one)

there is a actually a programming card for this ESC, which I've now ordered but it sucks as the basic rebuild is now finished and I was hoping to hit the water with it this weekend
unfortunately for me i think i was a victim of HKs somewhat inaccurate product descriptions, but oh well :)

Murdz
10-05-2014, 07:13 AM
I have the programming box but there is still no way to change the motor timing using it! (no reference in menu)
does anyone have the tx manual programming instructions for this esc???