PDA

View Full Version : 2014 IMPBA District 12 (Delaware, Maryland, DC, Virginia North Carolina)

Chilli
02-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Hey Guys, It's been a while since I've posted anything related to the district.

We have allot of exciting stuff happening for the coming year. The big new is the Old Dominion Model Boaters are back in business with a new pond located in Smithfield VA. They will be running a club race series as well as hosting a district race in August. They might also be hosting the Chesapeake Gas Clash as well. The Baltimore club picked up a new venue in Cascade Maryland last year and hosted the last race of 2013 there this past October . It's a beautiful site and I look forward to returning there this fall. We didn't have any district races in NC last year but we have a potential new club forming in Charlotte and were hoping the Greensboro club can get back on it's feet.

As far as the FE Racing, we're seeing a few new faces at every race and that is encouraging. I hope we can get some more of the new racers to travel a bit more to other district venue's. Our FE regulars are finding themselves feeling the need for speed and have been bumping up from P-Limited to some of the more powerful classes. I'm expecting a few FE's to run Open Hydro, FE 1/8th Scale and Q Sport Hydro this year. The combined Nitro/FE classes continue to run harmoniously. There are the occasional grumblings of the speed advantage some of the FE boats have over their nitro counterparts. A reminder that we do have a speed parity rule in the district for Nitro/FE combined classes (other than the Open classes) and I will remind district officers that CD's need to be aware of and enforce the rule. Our rules for the P-Limited classes have been working well and I've had no complaints from the racers on the motors or ESC's required in the class.

We have a district winter meeting that will take place in a few weeks in the Richmond, VA area where we will discuss any rule or class proposals. We will also finalize the district schedule for 2014. We've got five tentative race dates on the books so far from April to September. I'll post the finalized schedule and any changes here after the meeting. I do have the tentative race dates as well as all the district rules and classes posted on my club web site. www.capitolrcmodelboats.com .

I'm interested in hearing from you all and what projects you are working on or any concerns or questions you may have about racing in the district. I would also like to hear from members of ODMBA and would like to hear how many of you all have been to the new pond. That's about it folk. Stay warm!!

BILL OXIDEAN
02-12-2014, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the info!

nitro557
02-15-2014, 12:08 PM
im getting ready

Chilli
02-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Excellent Mike. Looking forward to running with you this year. District meeting is next Saturday down in Richmond. I'll post a recap of what is discussed. I also added you to the club email list. Too much snow on the ground to do anything this weekend so I'll be working on boats all weekend. :smile:

John boat
02-26-2014, 11:38 PM
Hey guys

Chilli
02-27-2014, 12:20 AM
Wassup Danny. Nice seeing you on Saturday even though we didn't get a chance to chat. I'm laying low on Jim's....LOL

PM me your email address and I'll send you my notes from the meeting. Don't know if it's all correct since so much stuff was brought up and my brain was fried by the end of the meeting.

Also Nitro557 (two posts above) is a new member of the Capitol Club. He is looking for a 21 Nitro Tunnel if you know anyone who wants to unload one.

nitro557
02-27-2014, 07:33 AM
I actually just purchased a vs1 with kb power

John boat
02-27-2014, 07:37 AM
I just picked up a k&b 21 an still looking for a 45 lower leg daniel3181@comcast.net

John boat
02-27-2014, 07:38 AM
I am looking for a good 21 tunnel hull for elc

Chilli
02-27-2014, 07:48 AM
Cool Guys. The Tunnel guys will be happy.

Mike, Robin (the gentleman with the beard who came to the meeting with me) is a K&B Guru

Danny, will get my notes to you this afternoon.

Neubs
02-27-2014, 07:55 AM
I am looking for to running with you guys again this year. Last year was a blast and I learned a lot. I should be finishing my latest project and I will be able to run in three classes this year. :banana:

nitro557
02-27-2014, 08:10 AM
with my bike race season starting in 3 weeks ive been very swamped with work after that gets going ill start to build my dumas hotshot .45 ,with my current fleet ill be running three classes 4 if I decide to run novice it is my first year

Neubs
02-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Chili, has there been any talk about setting up a District 12 and/or a ODMBA Facebook Page to promote our club, races, and the IMPBA?

Chilli
02-27-2014, 10:25 AM
ODMBA did have a Facebook page but I don't know if they have been updating it since acquiring the new pond. ODMBA doesn't usually have any problems attracting people. I think Dick said they you all are up to about 40 members and the club usually attracts the largest crowd of any district race. Many people from D13 come up. We have a FE racers here on the board but they don't post much. Many of the District and ODMBA people post on the International Waters forum and Jim's RC Boat dock. The district web site is running but pretty much dead and it hasnt been updated in years. There was talk of a new web site at the district meeting but in the mean time I try to keep all the district info updated on my club web site. I asked all the clubs to send contact info for me also so I can post the info on my site.

BTW Everyone - "John Boat" is Danny Weimer who is now running the Delmarva Model Boat Club. To any of you folks who are in Annapolis, Maryland's Eastern Shore or Delaware, the club could always use more members. Send him a PM if you're interested in joining. They have a great pond with a permanent drivers stand in Queenstown, Md.

John boat
02-27-2014, 12:45 PM
Damn u blowed my cover

John boat
02-27-2014, 12:46 PM
We r going to start one also so we can chat an everone will know when we r meeting at the pond an this like that

Chilli
02-27-2014, 07:28 PM
That's Great Danny, Make sure you let us know when you are up and running. I may even have to join Facebook. So far I have been resisting. LOL

Here is the schedule for the District to the best of my knowledge. We were a bit up in the air at the district meeting on a date for the final race in Price, Md. But I got a email From Larry Roberts the new Baltimore Club president two days ago indicating he heard back from the folks at Fort Richie and had a few dates locked in. One cool tidbit, Once we get Danny into a FE, All of the district's Club Presidents and the District Direct will have experience running electric boats. We've come along way in five years!!

2014 District 12 Race Schedule

April 25-27, District Race #1, Boonsboro MD
Hosted by the Model Boaters of Baltimore

May 16-18, District Race #2, Queenstown, MD
Hosted by the Delmarva Model Boat Club

June 27-29, District Race #3, Centreville, VA
Hosted by the Capitol RC Model Boat Club

August 22-24, District Race #4, Smithfield, VA
Hosted by the Old Dominion Model Boat Association

September 5-7, District Race #5, Cascade, MD

October 10-12, Possible Single or Mulitday Fun Run, Cascade, MD

Now I know the September District date is only two weeks after the ODMBA date but the Baltimore club did the best that they could working with the pond management. They also picked up the second weekend in October which is also the weekend of Fall Nats. Larry is considering a fun run that weekend. It may be a one day event.

That's about it folks. Don't forget to renew your IMPBA membership. Any questions on classes or anything, ask here. Tell us what classes you'll be running also.

I'll be running Gas Rigger, Open Offshore, Open Nitro/FE Hydro, P-Mono and P-Limited Sport Hydro
My son John will be running P-Limited Hydro and P-Limited Tunnel
His friend Brandon who is also a Capitol Club member will be running my P-Limited Sport Hydro in Novice for a race or two and then switch over to the big boy class.

John boat
02-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Looks great gooood job keeping up with it all maybe u should step up an grab the rains for d12 next year

Chilli
02-27-2014, 11:41 PM
Don't even go there. LOL

egneg
02-28-2014, 10:42 AM
The ODMBA facebook page hasn't been updated in 2 years. I plan on running P-mono, P-limited tunnel, and P-limited rigger for sure. I am not sure about my shovel nose but maybe T-Hydro if I can run with the gas boats. I am also building a ML 20 hydro so that can be a P-limited option as well. I haven't talked to Dick since the oval trials last spring but will email him about club membership status.

Edit: The august dates listed for the ODMBA starts Saturday and ends Monday?

Chilli
02-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Good Catch Chuck. I corrected it. Friday is open water day with racing Saturday and Sunday.

You could also run the T-Hydro in Open Nitro/FE Hydro. I want to see that boat run.

Give Dick a call and he'll get you up to speed. They already have a drivers stand up and are ready to rock. Manie and a few other ODMBA guys have been shooting the breeze on Jim's as well.

egneg
02-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Just for you Chili ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgPgOyWEip0

John boat
02-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Nice paint an great job on the driver

Chilli
02-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Awesome Chuck!!! Kind of looks like Dick Loeb when he's angry. :hide:

If you see this Dick, you know I love you...

John boat
03-01-2014, 10:06 AM
An happy

egneg
03-01-2014, 10:07 AM
JB its a wrap not paint.

Chili ... :tape:

HydroMike
03-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Let's hope it's fun this year

HOTWATER
03-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Danny...you have a PM...

HydroMike
03-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Mike something Danny got me working on for him again its a 21 pay n pak but instead of a nitro we are going with the UL1 set up

John boat
03-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Nice wrap job mike looks like it is coming along only been a year lol just kidding . Kent pm sent with my number I am at the top side of Dover Delaware now so I may hit the pond near symra

Chilli
03-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Make sure you've got enough room for all the gear if you guys go electric. Looking good!

John boat
03-01-2014, 06:24 PM
Looking for advice

Chilli
03-01-2014, 07:06 PM
I just don't know what to tell you. That looks like a really tough conversion.

I would either look for a used 20 motor for that boat and go nitro or abandon the project and do one of these: http://mlboatworksrc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_42&products_id=62

HydroMike
03-01-2014, 08:36 PM
He would just come up with something else lol. U know how Danny is lol.

John boat
03-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Easy the old stuff is hard to find an it will all be gone soon so we won't be able to look back to c we're we started. I seam to have the start of a classic collection beginning an it coming along well

John boat
03-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Gas an elf boats have been out for a long time Dumas was making Elc boats in the 70 an gas powered boats so if u think about it it's a big circle

John boat
03-02-2014, 08:34 AM
112522112523. this is a Dumas eagle 40 it's about a 30 year old hull like new

don ferrette
03-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Gas an elf boats have been out for a long time

What's an elf boat? Is that something seen only around the North Pole?? :bounce::bounce::bounce:

John boat
03-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Ha ha ok that was a good one don

don ferrette
03-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Ha ha ok that was a good one donNuttin' but luv for ya Danny. :hug1:

John boat
03-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks buddy

HydroMike
03-02-2014, 12:51 PM
That's what we are here for lol

HydroMike
03-02-2014, 12:53 PM
Danny is no elf lol
What's an elf boat? Is that something seen only around the North Pole?? :bounce::bounce::bounce:

don ferrette
03-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Mike something Danny got me working on for him again its a 21 pay n pak but instead of a nitro we are going with the UL1 set upBefore you get too deep in the build, cut off the air traps from the heel of the sponsons all the way back. That is a 30 year old design that was made to trap air under the hull to help lift it. With today's power available in both FE and nitro you do not need them and you want to air to release when it clears the sponsons, the boat will be a kite if you leave them on. :scared:

HydroMike
03-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Ok Don thanks I was also told about the AOA to had to be changed ? But not really sure on any of it yet. U know anything of that too if so please pm me. Not started yet just going though the papers and build steps

don ferrette
03-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Ok Don thanks I was also told about the AOA to had to be changed ? But not really sure on any of it yet. U know anything of that too if so please pm me. Not started yet just going though the papers and build stepsThe sponson tunnel AOA will be more work than it's worth to change, I would add an air dam there instead

John boat
03-02-2014, 09:49 PM
thanks don

J-Luc White
03-04-2014, 09:03 PM
thanks don

Hello Sir it seems I'm having problems with the PM system on here I left you
a message on your profile page.

hope to hear from you soon.
Luc

John boat
03-04-2014, 11:05 PM
Thank u

Chilli
03-05-2014, 09:28 PM
I finished updating the Capitol Club web site. All the classes, new rules (reviewed by Don) and 2014 schedule are posted on www.capitolrcmodelboats.com

Also, read the D12 page of the March IMPBA Roostertal. Lots of good info in there. Take special note that the district will be emphasizing enforcement of the boat appearance rules in the specialized classes this year so make sure you boat is in compliance. Please don't make the CD's have to be the bad guy at a race.

I added a contact section for other clubs in District 12. Give me some contact info, pic's, Facebook links, a paragraph about the club and I'll post it.

nitro557
03-07-2014, 10:18 PM
the plastic hinge mount is broken its a k&b 3.5 ,it looks nothing like the one on the k&b site ,any clues on getting one of these or a adjustable mount for this leg ?

or am I picking up a block of aluminum and a 12 packs for a fab night ?

thanks for any help

John boat
03-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Just after market with a new mount from precision boat works

HOTWATER
03-07-2014, 11:35 PM
the plastic hinge mount is broken its a k&b 3.5 ,it looks nothing like the one on the k&b site ,any clues on getting one of these or a adjustable mount for this leg ?

or am I picking up a block of aluminum and a 12 packs for a fab night ?

thanks for any help

What Danny said, or...you can buy a Dubro mount from Tower ---> http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXD582

I'll look to see if I have one...

-Kent

Chilli
03-08-2014, 12:08 AM
We need to hook you up with Robin. He is the K&B guru and I'm sure he has a ton of parts.

HOTWATER
03-08-2014, 07:52 AM
We need to hook you up with Robin. He is the K&B guru and I'm sure he has a ton of parts.

True...gave him all of my KaBoom parts....

nitro557
03-08-2014, 08:47 AM
thank you guys

nitro557
03-08-2014, 01:05 PM
as nice as it is today and tomorrow if robin has one id come pick it up and purchase it

John boat
04-07-2014, 09:09 PM
If any one would like to join or follow Delmarva model boat club on FB just click join I think lol

John boat
07-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Hey guys Pete was posting pic of our boat races were can I find them

Chilli
07-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Pic's of the Delmarva race were posted on www.intlwaters.com Join if you havent. It's not so bad as long as you stay out of the tunnel section.. :hide:

Pete hasn't posted pics of the Capitol Race yet, though with the choppy conditions he told me he got some great pics of airborne boats. How choppy was it?? So choppy my Vector submarined in the mill.