PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RC Boat World Championships

oscarel
02-04-2014, 01:21 PM
2014 season started last weekend in Tampa. There were 2 electrics in the open classes on Sunday. Would be nice to see more!! The official site can be found here (http://rcbwc.com/) and updates can be found on JRCBD.com in the clubs section. Electrics are allowed in all of the open classes that are run on Sunday.

** Note some of these dates are tentative and spots are just reserved and could change as some clubs are waiting for approval**

Riverview Model Boaters- Tampa FL January 24-25th (Locked)

Lonestar Model Boat Club- Houston, TX March 21st-23rd (Locked)

Huntsville Model Boating Association- Huntsville, AL May 2nd - 4th (Locked)

Decker Dunkers (Utah) )- Decker Lake in Salt Lake City, Utah May 23rd - 25th (Locked)

Charleston Model Boaters- Charleston, SC June 27th-29nd (Locked)

Wichita RC Model Boat Club- Wichita, Kansas July 17th thru 20th (Locked)

Sin City Racing- Las Vegas, Nevada August date reserved (Waiting on exact dates from club)

Dallas RC Thunderboats- Dallas, TX September 19th-21st (Locked)

VooDoo Model Boat Club- Reserve, LA November 21st-23rd (Locked)

NativePaul
02-05-2014, 05:07 AM
Click (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?44959-Naviga&highlight=naviga)
The internal combustion RC model boat world championships was due to take place this year but has been cancelled. Do not to worry, the FE RC model boat world championships will still be held in 2015 in Poland as planned.

You can have the world series as nobody outside North America cares about baseball, but RC boating is multinational and there is already a global organisation and a world championships.

Fluid
02-05-2014, 08:57 AM
You can have the world series as nobody outside North America cares about baseball...

Eurocentrism rears its ugly head again......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_in_Japan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_in_South_Korea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_in_Australia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_in_the_Dominican_Republic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_in_Cuba

That's the popular sport for about 200 million people outside the US. Can you say that about R/C boating?:lol:

Grazacind
02-08-2014, 04:26 AM
So typical that a group of veterans of the US rc boating decided to have a world championship only racing in the US. RC boating may end up up like boxing if you cant win a real world title make up your own event to win a world championship.

We might call our next race the world championship it sounds like fun.

NativePaul
02-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Eurocentrism rears its ugly head again......
Maybe, but I think that is the pot calling the kettle black coming from a country that brings us "world championship" race series such as the one in the OP, where all the races are within the same country and only mid to southern states of said country at that.

How many of those countries you mentioned linked to that apparently take baseball seriously regularly enter the world series? I thought it was just North America, but admittedly I know very little about baseball.

I wish I could say that about RC boating, but I suspect it is closer to two hundred thousand than two hundred million, on the other hand I suspect that if we went by the number of adults regularly participating themselves,rather than speculating, then the numbers would be MUCH closer together. We have four baseball leagues in the England and compete in the European championships, so I know it is played outside North America, however the average man on the street certainly does not care about it here, the only baseball player I or most people I know could name is "Babe" Ruth, and even then I didn't know his name wasn't really Babe until I wiki'd it.

oscarel
02-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Guys please. This was posted so anyone interested could attend. If you have a problem with the title please open your own thread.

NativePaul
02-08-2014, 12:27 PM
Sorry oscarel, I should probably have left it at the first paragraph which is needed to avoid any confusion, and not have mentioned baseball.

Good luck with your race series.

gtrcguru
02-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Count me in for Wichita and Dallas.

Will be running G27 Sat. and electrics in open classes Sun.

oscarel
02-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Cool! I'll be at both as well. Should be fun.

gtrcguru
05-13-2014, 02:08 PM
2 months and counting till Wichita.
Going to start T&T this weekend. Have bunch new combos to try out.
Couple questions. Is the H&M supercat a namba legal hull?
What's the name of the signup website? Need to get registered.
I don't think I am going to be able to get a pitman to come with me.
Will there be someone available to help me out? I could trade out pit duties!!

oscarel
05-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Hey Greg, I can't wait either! We're having a race this weekend here in Dallas. Did you make the race in OKC last month? Your H&M should be legal, it's a P class hull. How does it handle rough water, cause the bigger boats are going to chop it up. rcracingevents.com is the site to sign up. Pit help isn't a problem, there's always someone willing to help.

Fluid
05-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Actually the M1 Supercat is not a legal P hull, it is slightly too long at 34.6". The Supercats in our club run very well although the are not designed o be rough water boats.

gtrcguru
05-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Hey Greg, I can't wait either! We're having a race this weekend here in Dallas. Did you make the race in OKC last month? Your H&M should be legal, it's a P class hull. How does it handle rough water, cause the bigger boats are going to chop it up. rcracingevents.com is the site to sign up. Pit help isn't a problem, there's always someone willing to help.

I have not even charged a battery since right before Christmas. Have not even been on the websites till couple weeks ago so I missed the OKC race.:frusty:
Been doing the work and save bit plus I have a 91 Cherokee project that I have been dragging my feet on for year or so and decided to hit it hard last couple months so all money and time has been in to it all the while rat holing a little here and little there to do Wichita.
Have not had a chance to really run the M1 but in local flood retention pond. It was pretty windy once and it seemed to be okay. I think with the right setup it could be fast. T&T was starting now because of so little run time.
What would you say a good hull length would be. I had my segad converted to electric for winter but just last week went back gas for the summer. It's about an hour change over back to electric. Have contemplated running it as gas on Saturday and electric on Sunday.
The hull is a little unstable in corners but she can handle one to two foot lake swells in strait line pretty good and rc boat wakes are no concern. Hell maybe I'll be the one chopping it up :w00t: :w00t: :lol:

oscarel
06-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Wichita is a little over a month away, better start getting your toys ready!!

oscarel
08-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Dallas race is fast approaching, 4 weeks.

oscarel
09-13-2014, 11:40 AM
One more week!