PDA

View Full Version : Savox Customer Service!

flraptor07
01-28-2014, 01:57 PM
I knew there was a good reason I ran Savox servos other than they're a great product. About a month ago I had a brand new Castle BEC pro go bad and it burnt up two waterproof servos and a reciever before I figured out what was wrong. I called Savox customer service and asked the guy (Jarod) how much it would be to repair these two servos and explained exactly what happened and that it wouldn't happen again because I was using a reciever battery from now on. He asked me how old the servos were and I told him they were purchased at the same time about 3 or 4 months ago. He told me to box them up with the reciept and gave me the Savox web page to request a RMA. So I did all that and sent them off expecting a call telling me it would be X amount to fix them, well that was not the case. Yesterday a recieved a box in the mail with two brand new servos, NO QUESTIONS ASKED! I was very surprised given the fact that the servos were burnt up through no fault of Savox what so ever! Savox has a customer for life with me! Just thought I'd share this for those of you who are planing to buy servos in the future.............:thumbup: Savox Rocks!!!

kevinpratt823
01-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you, but my experience was the complete opposite with them. Even though I own 14 Savox servos, it was a long drawn out process to get one repaired without a reciept, and the cost was 80% of a new one, so I had them just send it back to me. Plenty of others have had a tough time with them as well...... On the contrary, sent in a 3 yr old Hitec, no reciept, and recieved it back(replaced motor) in about a week, no questions asked. That's where my money goes from now on.

flraptor07
01-28-2014, 07:55 PM
Glad to hear it worked out for you, but my experience was the complete opposite with them. Even though I own 14 Savox servos, it was a long drawn out process to get one repaired without a reciept, and the cost was 80% of a new one, so I had them just send it back to me. Plenty of others have had a tough time with them as well...... On the contrary, sent in a 3 yr old Hitec, no reciept, and recieved it back(replaced motor) in about a week, no questions asked. That's where my money goes from now on.
This wasn't my first experience with Savox, I also have many other Savox servos on Rock Crawlers and Short Course Trucks. It probably would have been different if you had your reciept, I can understand why they don't or won't do warrentee without a reciept.

kevinpratt823
01-29-2014, 09:25 AM
This wasn't my first experience with Savox, I also have many other Savox servos on Rock Crawlers and Short Course Trucks. It probably would have been different if you had your reciept, I can understand why they don't or won't do warrentee without a reciept.

I wasn't asking for warrantee, I was asking for a repair right up front and told them I expected to pay for it. the online form will not even submit without a receipt so I spent weeks communicating back and forth between two people then one said send it in and he would just take care of it. A week later they emailed me the invoice for 80 percent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

flraptor07
01-29-2014, 11:33 AM
I wasn't asking for warrantee, I was asking for a repair right up front and told them I expected to pay for it. the online form will not even submit without a receipt so I spent weeks communicating back and forth between two people then one said send it in and he would just take care of it. A week later they emailed me the invoice for 80 percent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Oh ok now I got ya, yes in that case I would have been a little pissed too......

Doug Smock
01-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Moved thread:wink: