PDA

View Full Version : why is there no shockwave 26 brushless subforum?

ssinnett
01-23-2014, 01:48 PM
isn't this a popular boat?

does anyone have reviews on this boat? how does it compare to the aquacraft minimono in terms of quality?

anyone know of any sites for upgrades for this boat?

tlandauer
01-25-2014, 03:55 AM
isn't this a popular boat?

does anyone have reviews on this boat? how does it compare to the aquacraft minimono in terms of quality?

anyone know of any sites for upgrades for this boat?
Interesting question, I am speculating that since the original SW 26 was a brushed mono, by the time these sub forums were established most people are interested in brushless set up. The exception was the Apache 24 which was a cat. They both shared a steerable out drive. ( I hope my memory is serving me correctly)
The current SW 26 came out more recently and most people ( here) are running bigger boats, a few would buy the brushed version and convert themselves. Same thing was done to AquaCraft's Rio EP. As I myself did a conversion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCSzhyfHF3w

But the Rio EP is a "more recent" (relatively speaking) product compared to the original SW 26.
I have a Proboat Sundance and there is no sub forum either, several of the AquaCraft boats did not get sub forum either.
I don't think you can compare these two boats ( MiniMono vs. SW 26), its comparing apples with oranges.
It would be more practical to compare the brushed version ( not the original version with the steerable out drive , but the current version) with the AquaCraft Rio EP.

tlandauer
01-25-2014, 03:58 PM
I should clarify that to the best of my knowledge there are three versions of this boat: V1 had an open cockpit with steerable outdrive. V2 has closed canopy with steerable out drive ( avail. Brushed and BL). V3 which is what Proboat is selling now has closed canopy with a "stinger" which is just a protruded stuffing tube serving as a stinger.

MaxxPain
01-26-2014, 11:03 PM
Yes, I picked one up this summer and its been great. I keep it in my pontoon boat, cruise it all over. Great little sucker. I would like to do some upgrades or prop changes. Plus the box it comes with is terrible to store it in.

Here some video from this summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vFmIXT6avc&feature=share&list=UUa0QJGXyvt5dmh9Z0l987qA

tlandauer
01-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Great video, nice place to run! Always envy people who live near water.

MaxxPain
01-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Great video, nice place to run! Always envy people who live near water.

Thanks, yes being close to the water is great. Especially when you can chase your boat with a full size boat.