PDA

View Full Version : Charger Power Supply Suggestions

longballlumber
01-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Hey Guys,

It looks like my power supply is dying a slow death. At first, I thought it was my chargers, but I think they are working fine. The power supply keeps going into fail-safe for no apparent reason. So, I am looking for suggestions on some high power - power supply. Currently I have 2 Duo3's and want to be able to run both of those at one time.

Anyone have a good recommendation/s?

Thanks
Mike

jcald2000
01-18-2014, 08:02 AM
Computer power supplies, HP 113 are 12 volts and 57 amps or 690 watts. I have been using mine for 3 years, no problems. They are designed to run 24/7. I bought a spare that I should probably sell they are so reliable.

raptor347
01-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Depends on how much power you want. One of the Iota DLS 12Volt power supplies would be my choice. They are available in 30 to 90 amp versions and are absolutely bomb proof. They are definitely on the "industrial" side as far as construction goes.
I have the 90 amp version (10 years and still running strong) and I've had as many as 6 dual port chargers going at once. I would recommend a 45 amp unit as being the most anyone would need in this hobby, but I went with a 90 because anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

longballlumber
01-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys...

I ended up getting this unit from my LHS. I needed something quick, and I like to support them when I can. So far it has my Hyperion Duo3's running fine!

http://www.thunderpowerrc.com/Power-Supplies/TP1527PS

Later,
Mike

TheShaddix
01-20-2014, 01:14 AM
if that one doesn't work out for you, I'm currently using the Efuel 1200 power supply (http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=40&product_id=180)
It works great, is super quiet, the fans hardly ever turn on because the whole thing is giant and has a large cooling surface area which is great. I tried the revolectrix one but it was really loud so I returned it.

Chilli
01-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Computer power supplies, HP 113 are 12 volts and 57 amps or 690 watts. I have been using mine for 3 years, no problems. They are designed to run 24/7. I bought a spare that I should probably sell they are so reliable.

+1 on the server power supply. The one I use cost me $20, is very compact and very easy to convert. With 47 amps I can run two Hyperion Duo's charging four 4S packs, at 5 amps each, outdoor in the summer heat all weekend long. I have build a half dozen and given many of them to friends. I have had no failures in thee years. I spent about $130 on a 25 Amp Pyramid using it only indoors in a cool, dry basement and it crapped out after 10 months.