PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion Repair

longballlumber
01-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Hey Hyperion Charger users...

I think that I have a charger that needs looked at (still investigating). Is there a repair center in the US? Has anyone gotten their charger repaired?

Thanks
Mike

JimClark
01-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Don't think they do much repairing at Hyperion.

ray schrauwen
01-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Nope not much... what is wrong with it? Faded display?

longballlumber
01-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Don't think they do much repairing at Hyperion.

That is what I was thinking too... ugh...

Nope not much... what is wrong with it? Faded display?

Well, like most of you the chargers don’t get much use in the winter. I needed to charge up a small 3S Lipo Transmitter battery. I have two Hyperion Duo3’s hooked up to my 25amp power supply. For some reason shortly after I started the charge cycle the power supply went into a protect mode of some sort (it cuts power to the chargers and the fan turns off, but the light built into the power switch stays on). No big deal, I turn the power supply switch off and back on and everything powers up like it’s supposed to. I tried running the charge cycle again and the same thing happen.

So to try and rule out the power supply, I moved the battery to the other charger (hooked up to the same power supply) and it charged fine. I would like to do some more trial and error before I get to worried, but I will be disappointed if the charger has gone bad and I can’t get it fixed…

Later,
Ball

FYI - this is the power supply I have been using for SEVERAL years and has served me very well. http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2200510_PM_EN.pdf

KartRacer
01-20-2014, 12:31 PM
Hi Ray
My Hyperion 720i Duo, lost display yesterday, I contacted Hyperion and they responded this morning that no repairs but offer purchase at 40% off list. Not really interested at that rate. Since you asked the question on the display I was wondering if you have a solution?
Thanks in advance.
Yesterday was a rough day, my transmitter died also:)

ray schrauwen
01-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Well, the display panels can be replaced if you can find them. I bought a pair way back before I sold all my Hyperion stuff. I will look to see if I kept a spare screen at home here or if I gave it away in the sale.
The spare screens came from Japan. Maybe a search at RC groups or here from my old posts... They were about $10-$15 each I think?

JimClark
01-20-2014, 03:38 PM
I would suggest here http://www.rcgroups.com/batteries-and-chargers-129/ there are guy's on that forum who atr tearing into chargers and replacing displays all the time i bet they know the part number and what ever else you need to repair it

ray schrauwen
01-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks Jim,

This is the old thread but, the link is dead. There is an email you can try: http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?34086-ATTN-gt-Hyperion-1210i-owners-replacement-LCD-screens!&highlight=

KartRacer
01-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the links and info. I will try to follow them up.

KartRacer
01-21-2014, 11:21 PM
Buyer beware, hyperion's answer to no service is to offer a new replacement at 40% off LIST, Sorry but for me that is unacceptable. Charger is 15 months old with very lite use purchased from OSE at $250.
I will be forced to buy a new unit but it will NOT be a Hyperion.
Just thought you would want to know Hyperion's idea of customer service.

JimClark
01-21-2014, 11:24 PM
very few (if any) charger makers have any repair facilities

ray schrauwen
01-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Astro Flight will repair, Made in USA too :wink:

JimClark
01-21-2014, 11:48 PM
Ancient chargers

Astro Flight will repair, Made in USA too :wink:

ray schrauwen
01-21-2014, 11:55 PM
I know but, I keep one around, juuust in case. Never fails me in a crutch.

fas
02-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Mike call me I know a few tricks