PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket battery trays

rockford
01-11-2014, 08:11 PM
my battery trays are starting to tear and I am going to have a couple different battery combos and i want to get a carbon fiber tray and was wondering how using 2 2s packs on the tray would work? do you stack them side by side or on top of each other. This year i ordered 6 dinogy 6000mah 2s packs and i have a 4s tp pack and 2 venom 2s packs. Im planning on racing my revolt and my new miss geico this year at the local club so and upgrades explained are appreciated

fox88gt
01-22-2014, 05:31 PM
I think stacking them side-by-side would work nicely. Just use good quality tie down straps and you should be golden. Before you rip out your factory battery tray, I would mark or measure where your batteries are typically installed for your setup. This will keep your CG in pretty much the same spot if you have some tuning time on the vessel. I got my CF battery tray from OSE, top notch stuff. I installed it so I could move my batteries a little farther back than the stock tray would allow - the trays are long enough to move them forward again.

rockford
04-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Finally got around to installing the cf battery tray, still need to pick out the old white glue

J.W. Pepper
04-10-2014, 02:52 AM
Looks like you had an easier time with yours than I did with mine. Had to make wood risers for the ends & center to make room for the velcro straps.

There was a thread a while back - think it was about radio systems in R/C boats, anyway one of the posters mentioned that boats with CF interiors (built or reinforced with) causing reception issues with 2.4GHz systems with internal antenna's. I went with a glass tray to avoid probs.

Looks like you replaced the Tactic radio with Futaba, you runnin your RX antenna internal or external?? Just some food for thought.

Finally got around to installing the cf battery tray, still need to pick out the old white glue

rockford
04-10-2014, 11:33 AM
When I got the tray it came with carbon fiber risers so I epoxies those in the hull then made a angle on the trays to compensate for it being a v hull then gluing to those risers. I bought mine no TX option from the lhs so I use my futaba setup and is external
Here you can see the antenna I got the mount from ose.

J.W. Pepper
04-10-2014, 01:46 PM
When I got the tray it came with carbon fiber risers...
I got this one... http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-80175 - came with risers, BUT, they didn't bring it up far enough for the velcro straps to fit under it. Surprised that yours came up high enough with the stock risers right where the straps go under it.

I'm not working with a revolt, my boat has a tray with flat top, came with 2 little velcro patches that don't keep the batt in place worth a hoot; it'll come loose and flop around inside the hull especially when running on choppy water.

This stuff... http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=hd-velcro1 - or - http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=hd-velcro2 - would probably solve the prob, but I don't like to put velcro on the bottom of my batts. I've had great luck with straps so that's my prefered way of doing things - personal pref that's all.

I bought mine no TX option from the lhs so I use my futaba setup and is external...
Looks like your ready to go have fun:biggrin:

When I got the tray it came with carbon fiber risers so I epoxies those in the hull then made a angle on the trays to compensate for it being a v hull then gluing to those risers. I bought mine no TX option from the lhs so I use my futaba setup and is externais external.

Here you can see the antenna I got the mount from ose.

flynz26
04-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Here's an after market battery tray I installed into the revolt.