PDA

View Full Version : Problems setting up a new swordfish 200 pro.

Rinochasr
01-05-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm having a problem getting my new swordfish 200 pro to work. It's paired with a leopard 4082 1600 and a 6s battery pack which are both new as well. When I switch the esc on, there is an initial two-tone beep followed by seven additional beeps. With these additional beeps, the motor makes a slight twitch. I've tried altering the esc parameters in terms of changing the lvc voltage, motor timing, etc. The esc parameters At the moment are: lvc is set to 6 cells, lvc per cells is at 3.2v, brake type is set to no, timing is at 10 degrees, cut off type is set to hard, start type is set to standard, pwm is set to 8 kHz. I also connected a known good motor to the esc to disqualify the motor. In the interest of full disclosure the radio is an older fm radio and I'm using 4 aa batteries to power the reciever (for testing purposes). I've used this radio for years without any issues but could this older radio not be compatible with this esc?? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

rickwess
01-05-2014, 10:56 AM
You need to calibrate the ESC to the radio. Before you power up the ESC, pull the throttle to 100% and keep it like that while you power up. After 3 beeps, release the throttle so it goes back to neutral. You should hear 2 beeps and be good to go.

Rocstar
01-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Set the start and cutoff to soft. Does the motor stop oscillating after it arms?

Rinochasr
01-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Thanks Rick, that was the my problem, it seems to work fine now. And roc, I set the start and cutoff to soft, but it seems to run on for a second or so after I release the trigger, is this normal?