PDA

View Full Version : Hobbywing esc clarification question

siberianhusky
01-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Question from another forum.
The seaking and turnigy escs are the same are they not?
I thought they were but somebody from another forum is claiming they are not.
I'm pretty sure he is incorrect but now has me thinking!
Thanks for the help.
Cheers

Mad Racer
01-05-2014, 07:16 AM
Do you mean the Seaking 180 & the Turnigy 180??

If that is the 2 esc's you are comparing I say they are the same. The difference would be in quality control . The Seaking would go through more stringent quality measures I feel. I have the T180 and seems to be good so far. No one can really state if they are from the same manufacturer or not. They certainly look the same though..

siberianhusky
01-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Was actually the 120 amp versions. But I think the same goes for the 120 and 180.
I kind of highly doubt there is any difference in quality control, pretty sure the only difference is the label HK Turnigy label stuck on them at the end of the production line.
I'm sure they are the same but this guy swears up and down they are different..
The ones I've seen apart have the same FETS, board, cooler and MCU, use the exact same programmer interchangably....
Really not sure why this guy is convinced the HK version is different, but oh well. I really don't care, just really got me questioning myself.
Thought I'd ask here as the knowledge level here is quite a bit higher than the other forum.

785boats
01-05-2014, 03:08 PM
It also goes for the 60A & 80A HV versions. Same thing.

They are also marketed under the 'TOP EDGE' brand name. I received a couple in those RTR boats over the years. They come with EXACTLY the same printed instruction sheets & are programmed with the same card as the Turnigy & Seaking, in EXACTLY the same way.
The only thing different is the ridiculous prices. But if you cleave to that age old adage...'You get what you pay for'... then they must be better in some way. But I don't think so.

http://www.storacingproducts.com/top-edge-180amp-brushless-esc.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-high-quality-rc-Boats-R-C-Boat-TOPEDGE80A-High-Voltage-Water-cooled-ESC-for/371469090.html?

Alexgar
01-05-2014, 03:28 PM
I think people here say you are paying for warranty but after burning up my t80 hv hobbykimg gave me a credit of 68$ which I put towards a t180 still running after 3 years

Alexgar
01-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Now if I could just get someone to warranty flexes and the props that sink when they break I'd have it all figured out lol

oscarel
01-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Now if I could just get someone to warranty flexes and the props that sink when they break I'd have it all figured out lol

+1 :-)