PDA

View Full Version : HOR Racing - Buyer Beware

capnswanny
12-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Hey guys and gals, just wanted to share my recent bad experience with HOR Racing.

I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong location.

I ordered a Popeye Bare Hull on 11/13/2013 for $138.94 shipped.
A week later my transaction was still "Pending" on the horracing.com website so I sent a message to the seller (Johnny Cheung) who responded on 11/21/2013: "sorry for the late reply the boat will be sent by Monday as new stock coming anytime from now"
I never heard from him again despite attempts to contact him, and I never received the product.
On 12/13/2013 I filed a PAYPAL dispute to which he never responded.
On 12/20/2013 I escalated the dispute to a claim to which he never responded.
Today, 12/31/2013, PAYPAL notified me that they have decided in my favor and the funds will be credited to my account if they are available. :banana:

I sent an email to Monica at TFL notifying her of the transaction.

I could speculate all day the reasons the deal went down the way it did, if I had take-away from this experience it would be: Use PAYPAL for these types of transactions, keep email records of communications with sellers, and don't wait too long to file a PAYAPL claim if your transaction goes sour.

Hope you all have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
:beerchug: Corey

Doby
12-31-2013, 04:46 PM
Order from TFL directly and no worries.

Glad things worked out in you favour.

capnswanny
12-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks Doby, I'm glad too.

I got a quote from Monica @ TFL before I went to HOR Racing. $90 dollars for the hull (w/ NAMBA discount) is a great price!
But after shipping and the PAYPAL fee it was $208.88. I just couldn't bring myself to bite on the $110.00 shipping from Singapore.

I was pretty excited after watching your reviews, but I'll just have to wait until someone reputable starts selling them closer to home.

Hope you have a Happy New Year!
:beerchug: