PDA

View Full Version : Orange RC DSM 3 Channel Receiver

silvermansteve
12-25-2013, 02:16 AM
regarding the Orange RC DSM 3 Channel Receiver: does anybody who might have used one in their boat have any comments? i'm planning on using it in an rxr revolt, instead of the tactic one you'd find in an aquacraft rtr, which is another option.

for example, is there an analogous problem using the orange rc on the water, as with the regular spectrum ground receivers?

thank you.

tlandauer
12-25-2013, 03:10 AM
regarding the Orange RC DSM 3 Channel Receiver: does anybody who might have used one in their boat have any comments? i'm planning on using it in an rxr revolt, instead of the tactic one you'd find in an aquacraft rtr, which is another option.

for example, is there an analogous problem using the orange rc on the water, as with the regular spectrum ground receivers?

thank you.
I asked this same questions many moons ago, the impression I got from the lack of response was that not many people had ventured on this path.
I am using FlySky but my selection is random, I have many boats that use both the MR3000 and MR200 marine receivers. They are expensive but not too outrageously so.
This much I got to say, my FlySky gives me the best range, sure it is a cheap unit and it is very apparent that the latency is slow, I can tell from my servo's reaction as compared to other radio such as Spektrum, Futaba and for that matter Tactic. I don't race and it doesn't bother me.
I am well aware that this is not the answer you are looking for, and I hope someone who has actually used this can enlighten us here, I still want to know.
Thank you for tolerating my rants here!

Alexgar
12-25-2013, 05:47 PM
I use 3 of them with my dxc3 and they work great and are pretty inexpensive but be sure to set the built in failsafe

kenrid
12-26-2013, 07:48 PM

thank you.

Over the last 12 months or so I have thought about the same issue - can you use the Orange RC DSM 3 Channel Receiver (a surface RX) with an 6 channel aircraft/heli transmitter?

I cannot find the answer anywhere. As a long time RC boater (before wheel radios were invented) I prefer a stick radio (mode 2) especially with a model at over 50 mph!

I use a Hitec opto 6 sport and I have 3 receivers. They work well, providing aerial (which is short) is just above the deck. Hitec Rx are however 10 time more expensive!

As Kintec sell the Orange 3 channel Rx I presume they are OK for boats. The question is which transmitter to use?

electric
12-26-2013, 10:45 PM
I am using the orange 3 channel receivers(spectrum radio) in a couple of my boats. I have been using them for over a year with no issues at all. One of the is in a big Q hydro that I race. I do NOT think the aircraft receivers will work at all. I accidently bought some of those initially and tried it with no luck and sold them off. Could be me, but that is what I found.

olwarbirds
12-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Been using the orange rcvrs for a few yrs now, first planes, now FE boats...we do use them with the sat ants...I use only spektrum...DJ