PDA

View Full Version : Prop options for mini Eco?

AustinWolv
12-03-2013, 08:54 AM
What other props are available and what are people running?

The stock prop lifts the boat too much so it is unstable.

I switched to another tenshock CNC prop and the boat is stuck to the water and turns stable on a dime without diving and flipping, like it did with the stock prop.

However, I don't think the pitch is right because the boat is definitely slower.

Got one recommendation on a prop from overseas, but the place was out of stock.

tlandauer
12-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Propeller
Eco Propeller H&M 27 mm
Stück Best. 22444
21.00 Euro
inkl. 19% MWST
zzgl. Versand

Eco-Metall-Rennpropeller von Hydro&Marine mit M4 Gewinde.

Lieferumfang:
Aus Messing/Chrom/Nickel Legierung gefertigt. Wellennabe M4 Gewinde plan gefräst. Propellerblatt entgratet, geschliffen und poliert. - Nicht gewuchtet -

Ausbausatz Zubehör : Auswuchtgerät H&M magnetic mit Anleitung und DVD:
Best.: 21927
Preis: 35.00 Euro
Inhalt: Auswuchtgerät magnetisch, M4 Wellendorn, Dog Drive Adapter für 4,76 und 6,35 mm, schriftliche Anleitung, DVD Propeller schleifen,

Home

Copyright © 2013 by Hydro & Marine
Gundelshausener Str. 16 - D-93309 Kelheim - Germany
Telefon (0 94 05) 60 00 - Fax (0 94 05) 60 02

You can go to this link:http://www.hydromarine.de/ and find the prop page.
I don't read German, but FineDesignRC.com supposetely carries them, it is hard to get hold of Chris, he does answer my e-mail right away, but this item is not on their site and you need to know how much to pay him.
Another way is what I did recently: I ordered thru www.mhzusa.com , keep in mind that this is a defunct business, they no longer stock things from Germany, I was fully prepared to flush my money, and I waited more than a month before I got a shippining notification from them---I had already forgotten that I orderd from them,lol
It is a H&M prop, very polo\ished, but also it had some metallugy flaws along the root of the blades , I first thought it was a crack from the casting, then I used sand paper to "dig in further" to investigate, it is just a weired casting imperfection.
It needs further balancing, over all on the whole it is a higher quality than the stock prop which tends to lift.

I actually used this prop as a test to see if MHZUSA would take orders, they still have many nice things but MHZ Germany told me personally that there is no longer a USA distributor, so we are ordering at our own risk.

AustinWolv
12-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Thanks! I'll contact Hydromarine again. They didn't have the prop originally suggested to me, but will look into different options through them, including that 27mm.