PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Straight?

MBonoffski
07-26-2008, 09:19 PM
I tried everything to get it to track straight tonight, radio, servo etc. After looking closer, it looks as though the driveline (fiberglass tube) coming out from under the hull is not straight....could this be the cause...I also noticed the boat leaning to one side.

Thanks
Mike

Xzessperated
07-27-2008, 01:16 AM
I tried everything to get it to track straight tonight, radio, servo etc. After looking closer, it looks as though the driveline (fiberglass tube) coming out from under the hull is not straight....could this be the cause...I also noticed the boat leaning to one side.

Thanks
Mike

Mike, let’s fix this "leaning to one side" problem first. By leaning to one side I presume you mean when the hull is just sitting still in the water one side is further in the water than the other. That would mean you have more weight to one side than the other. You need to try to move some of the weight to the side of the boat that is not so far in the water. Try to get the hull sitting level (from side to side) when it is resting in the water. My guess is that your boat it turning in the direction of the side that is in the water most. That is because more of that side is in the water at high speed so instead of traveling straight it goes to the side of the most weight because there is more friction with the water on that side. I hope that makes sense to you. Give it a run after you fix this problem and see how it goes. If you still have a problem then some BJ 26 guys will be of help. There is a lot of good information on the handling of BJ 26's on this forum.
As for the driveline (stuffing tube) under the boat I will leave that to the BJ 26 guys as I have never seen a BJ 26 and there can be reasons why people offset the driveline.
Mike, I have just read quite a lot of the thread below and before you make any changes you would do well to read this thread from start to finish....
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?p=33185#post33185