PDA

View Full Version : Lipos for supervee27

SouthOzSV27
07-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Im new to Rc boats and electronics and im trying to learn from my mistakes.
I blew my ESC and motor by putting two 4S 3500mah lipos in my super vee...:flashfire: big mistake! I realise now i should have used two 2S lipos.
I have a new Ammo 2300kv motor... What ESC would you recommend i replace the burnt one with? and is it possible to use the 4s lipos still..or could i use just one? Can the wiring be changed so the packs are in parallel?
Any insight will be greatly appreicated.:help:

Mich. Maniac
07-26-2008, 07:27 PM
I bet it was fast for a second though! Check out OffshoreElectrics.com for a replacement. Stock esc should be found there if you just wanna replace it. It would run fone with he Ammo motor. To change the wiring simply unsolder or cut your wires and make them run to one Deans plug. Then make yourself a Parallel harness so you can run both packs at 4S rather than 8S. I do also notice 4S is kinda tricky to fit into the SV. HOpe that helps a little

Eyekandyboats
07-26-2008, 07:53 PM
you can still use those batteries.
you wire them in parallel to give you longer run time and more avainle amps.
red wire to red wire to red wire.
black to black to black

highndry
07-26-2008, 08:12 PM
The stock esc handles 4s1p no prob.

SouthOzSV27
07-27-2008, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the information mates, im just going to get a stock ESC and stick with the water cooled set up. Running two 4S in parallel will give me longer run times.. will that mean i need to upgrade the stock motor cooler? Will the motor get warm from extended run times? I plan on running 45 and 48 graupner props.

Having the two 4S lipos in the boat will make it weigh more.. will that put more load on the motor? Will the extra weight make the boat plane differently?
Cheers.

kssi
07-27-2008, 05:47 PM
i dont know how long of run times you can get out of a ammo on a stck esc, i run mine about 5 min or so on a 42 prop or on the stock prop i can run a little longer with a speed controller temp of a bout 150. good luck

Eyekandyboats
07-27-2008, 06:05 PM
your not going to get much run time out of 7000 Mah.
but even so... you dont HAVE to use all that time.... bring it in for a while and throw it back out when you fell like it

AlanN
07-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Running 2 4S packs will double the weight.

Just use 1 4S or 2 2S wired for 4.

Run times on 5000 mahs are slightly over 4 mins on a 42x55 prop.

Your 3500's might run 2 mins but as suggested...bring in now and then to check heat. Also, you might want to run 1 minute (time it well) and then check how many mah you put back into the packs. Remember use on 80% of what the cells can do....mah/amps. If you exceed this or run the cells down to near 0 then you will have 2 expensive paper weights.