PDA

View Full Version : Leo 4082

erickyam
11-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Just got a new 4082 2200kv and a T180 for my DF33 by the way I need a hatch for it anybody has one any color. Thought I would try it in the Revolt I know its overkill with a m545 but Ill give it a try.

lenny
11-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Good luck and get some video to.:popcorn2:

Is that the stock flex shaft in it or did you upgrade to a better one ?

Also you do know that your water lines on the water jacket are on backwards right ?

Always run the in line low nipple and out line high nipple,
Than the water fills up the jacket till it come out the top nipple and takes more heat with it to.

One more thing what is up with the motor mount and motor alinement to the stuffing tube ?
It look like it is off center and very close to the coupler to,
Also those bare connectors on the motor to esc are a accident waiting to happen.:flashfire:

Just trying to save you some money.:beerchug:

erickyam
11-07-2013, 01:22 PM
I understand about the lines but I didnt want to cut the hose becouse I run with the stock motor on the Revolt. This was just for testing. About the connectors I have to change them they are cc on one end and are shoter. Going to work on that. Went to try it out and Wow this thing was fast. To bad it had to much torque roll and wanted to go right to much even tried lowering all the way the right trim. As I said going with the stock 1800kv and a m545 runs good. I had a blast though.

lenny
11-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Ok cool that you understand what I was seeing with the setup. :tiphat:

You could try a three blade prop to help stop torque roll,
I like to use them on all my mono's.
Because they make the boat run so much smoother when everything else is setup right,
And also give good top end speeds.

Cinnabun
11-08-2013, 07:55 AM
I have a 4082 in my revolt with a Prather s225 on board. Once you get it setup it's very fast and fun. Getting it setup is a little hard though, the 4082 will put the hull and hardware past it's limits, adjustments are very touchy.

chrispycontrol
11-18-2013, 01:36 PM
How does it run with the esc in front of the motor and battery in front of that?
Thinking of changing my setup, I have the esc in back on left side, barely room when I remove the cable for maintenance, 180a seaking and 3674 2200 kv leopard

lenny
11-18-2013, 02:36 PM
What is in that cookie monster you have there ?
I have a different mono hull than this and I have my esc on the starboard side of the motor,
It works pretty good so far like that for me.

chrispycontrol
11-19-2013, 09:45 AM
My truck?
That is a traxxas stampede 30th anniversary grave digger, upgraded to the extreme.
RPM everything, aluminum shock caps,castors, hub carriers front and rear,
wheelie bar
hobbywing WP sc8 esc esc tacon 3900kv motor, mip x duty cvds
Custom ford raptor body in a green flame airbrush
Built it for my nephew so he had something he could never break
I drive it more than him lol, I run it on 3s, I only put it on 2s when he drives it

tires are 2.8 trenchers on desperado black chrome wheels front offset on all 4

G-UNIT
04-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Don't most folks run the cooling line to the esc first then into the lowest water jacket fitting then out the boat?

Fluid
04-19-2014, 05:02 PM
The most efficient way to route the lines is first to the ESC then to the bottom of the motor jacket. To improve his setup easily the OP can just switch the lines on his motor, no net to cut a line. If his ESC stays cool enough then that's all he needs to do.....simple.

The OP can offset his pack to the left to help counter torque roll. Switching to an x642 will help with that too. Most three blades which are small enough to reduce roll have insufficient pitch for best speed.