PDA

View Full Version : Man I just cant win

agentorange
10-18-2013, 05:06 PM
I Just cant win for losing with my fleet of boats this past couple months. First my Mystic 29 keeps melting wires off the motor every time i run it, figured it out the be a bad motor and swapped it out with a 8XL 2000kv motor and ran it once no problems then the next time I put it in the water the speed control smokes checks itself. Next is my Genesis with a 8xl motor and 150amp esc on its maiden and about 2 minutes into that run the ESC catches fire and damn near takes the boat with it (running 4S). Next is my other Genesis that I was running the stock HobbyKing motor on a 80amp ESC on 4s and it decides that it hates me to and goes up in flames all the while the boat hits a brick under the water and cracks the transom almost in half (being repaired). And lastly My Venom 34" Segad that Randy over at BBY has been doing a single engine conversion shows up with the back of the boat where the running hardware mount almost completely broken off the back of the boat. I just dont understand what I did to have this kind of luck. Oh ya one more thing was driving my JQ 1/8 scale buggy out at some dirt mounds and hit a jump and the rear wheel flies off the buggy and it hit the ground and breaks the rear arm off the buggy. I dont know you guys tell me what im doing wrong.

capnswanny
10-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck!
For the cost of a new ESC you could give this a shot:
http://www.doktorsnake.com/voodoo-spells/standard/voodoo-doll-spells/hex-removal-spells/
Or depending on your pull with the big guy you could try:
:Praying:

You could also try naming your vessels...maybe King Neptune is miffed that your boats are nameless?

After all that all you've got are animal sacrifices and skillfully assembled, high quality parts.

Best Wishes!!!

kendt
10-18-2013, 07:14 PM
Trust me dude you are not alone. I had a very frustrating season. Almost no enjoyment other than the getting together with the rest of the group. If I had half a brain it would have been my last season...lol but I just tell myself that it only serves to increase the odds of a better season next yr.:glare:

gsbuickman
10-18-2013, 11:59 PM
We've all had bad outing or seasons, trust me, been there done that. The only major issue i've had this year was the planetary gear in my thundercat's tiger drive stripped out :scared:. My villain props did get tied up in a seawead mat, but after freeing them it ran fine. Guess this is a better season than most :cool:

Wetter
10-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck!
For the cost of a new ESC you could give this a shot:
http://www.doktorsnake.com/voodoo-spells/standard/voodoo-doll-spells/hex-removal-spells/
Or depending on your pull with the big guy you could try:
:Praying:

You could also try naming your vessels...maybe King Neptune is miffed that your boats are nameless?

After all that all you've got are animal sacrifices and skillfully assembled, high quality parts.

Best Wishes!!!

That is funny, i don't care who you are:rofl:
ps i prefer Prayer:bowdown:

NativePaul
10-19-2013, 08:45 AM
I think it is probably the un-named vessel pissing Neptune off, but all of Cap'n Swanny's suggestions are good so I would try those first.

Comparatively it is an infinitesimal off-chance that it may work but if all else fails you could try running smaller props, for shorter runs, and keeping an eye on temperatures, only running longer or propping up if you have the leeway on temperatures to do so.

PS, wheels fell off my 1:8 buggy when I first got it too, you can get serrated wheel nuts that are supposed to help, but I found a drop of threadlock on the nuts put an end to the issue.

agentorange
10-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Ya I put locker on all my wheel nuts. I am certain that things will get better its just the rough road getting there that hurts.

madmikepags
10-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Ahhhhh thats nothin, I was racing setups for 2 seasons all were perfect for 2 dozen race days, all in one day I had 3 Lehner 2280 motors ($600 each) and 2 Schultz 40/160's ($650) each all go up with no support from either company!!! It sucks, but it usually gets better!!!

angrycat
10-22-2013, 03:45 PM
you sound like me man. after finally deciding to get back into fe i went out and picked up a bj29 just for fun and to get used to it... well the very first time i go to run the boat it ran fine that is until till hitting a semi submerged turtle and snapping the drive shaft clean off and loosing the brand new octura s&b prop i had literally just put on. then upon retrieving the boat i managed to step on a hidden broken bottle laying under the water and just sticking out of the sand and had to have it stitched. 2nd run of the boat i didnt have the trim set properly and it went airborne at wot on 6s and completely separated the hull at the seam. after replacing the hull and making some modifications i ran the boat again only to find that the esc also hates me and catches fire after 1 lap..... after replacing the esc the motor went 2 runs after.... but after all new hardware and extra cooling she runs good finally but i am now over anal about where i run and the conditions i run it in

BILL OXIDEAN
10-23-2013, 11:21 AM
I Just cant win for losing with my fleet of boats this past couple months. First my Mystic 29 keeps melting wires off the motor every time i run it, figured it out the be a bad motor and swapped it out with a 8XL 2000kv motor and ran it once no problems then the next time I put it in the water the speed control smokes checks itself. Next is my Genesis with a 8xl motor and 150amp esc on its maiden and about 2 minutes into that run the ESC catches fire and damn near takes the boat with it (running 4S). Next is my other Genesis that I was running the stock HobbyKing motor on a 80amp ESC on 4s and it decides that it hates me to and goes up in flames all the while the boat hits a brick under the water and cracks the transom almost in half (being repaired). And lastly My Venom 34" Segad that Randy over at BBY has been doing a single engine conversion shows up with the back of the boat where the running hardware mount almost completely broken off the back of the boat. I just dont understand what I did to have this kind of luck. Oh ya one more thing was driving my JQ 1/8 scale buggy out at some dirt mounds and hit a jump and the rear wheel flies off the buggy and it hit the ground and breaks the rear arm off the buggy. I dont know you guys tell me what im doing wrong.

For the most part, I can tell you you're bashin' pretty hard lol! Very normal and the reason we upgrade things.
The buggy? Well, when you jump and bash stuff is gonna break. As for the shipping issues, a single motor conversion is not that difficult, may have been better off doing it for self. All of these models sound repairable. You'll be better off in the long run..