PDA

View Full Version : Revolt alignment

AustinWolv
10-09-2013, 04:19 PM
New to FE.

To me, the motor isn't quite aligned with the stuffing tube, but not sure what the acceptable "tolerance" should be.

Flex looks slightly shifted to one side in the top view (pics attached), and the motor doesn't look in line with the flex from a side view (off of memory, the motor is angled more down than the flex/stuffing tube).
Is it as simple as bending the motor mount a bit to align better?

Thanks in advance.

fox88gt
10-13-2013, 04:42 PM
I was able to "adjust" my stuffing tube ever so slightly to correct a similar problem by inserting a round screwdriver into the end of the tube and moving it ever so slightly to align it with the motor (had to remove the motor & mounts for clearance to do this). I can feel that there is less resistance and the flex shaft is easier to install. That should equal more speed/less heat/less wear on the shaft. Make sure that the seal at the transom is not compromised if you adjust the stuffing tube.

PatrickM
10-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Bought one of the first Revolts which had many quality issues. I fixed the alignment problem by breaking the stuffing tube loose from its mounting, bent the motor mount and stuffing tube until both kinda lined up, then rebonded the stuffing tube in place. Had to replace the flex shaft with an aftermarket unit because it was permanently bent due to the factory misalignment.

fox88gt
10-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Tossing the stock flex shaft in the garbage is the best thing for it. Mine lasted 3 runs before it sent the prop to the bottom of the pond. OSE or Kintec replacements are awesome! My revolt was very solid quality-wise except for the stock flexshaft, and a very minor misalignment on the stuffing tube. Aquacraft customer support is excellent, they replaced what broke and then some (gave me a new prop, tube, shaft, liner, drive dog, and nut).

AustinWolv
10-14-2013, 10:18 PM
I was able to "adjust" my stuffing tube ever so slightly to correct a similar problem by inserting a round screwdriver into the end of the tube and moving it ever so slightly to align it with the motor (had to remove the motor & mounts for clearance to do this). I can feel that there is less resistance and the flex shaft is easier to install. That should equal more speed/less heat/less wear on the shaft. Make sure that the seal at the transom is not compromised if you adjust the stuffing tube.

That's what I ended up doing regarding pulling the motor out and aligning the stuffing tube. Feel much better about it as it is centered up side to side now and aligned with the angle of the motor shaft now.

Mike Caruso
10-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Mine was out just like most of them all you have to do is twist the tube it comes right into place. Add Shoe Goo all fixed and 2nd on the stock cable.

capnswanny
10-14-2013, 10:51 PM
3rd on the stock cable replacement...3 hrs of work on a m545 at the bottom of Cranberry Lake. Dang!!