PDA

View Full Version : The official F you letter from paypal

avengersteve
07-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Dear steven coogan,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

So now i am out damn near $600 for an item that i never recieved. Because paypal can get the funds from the guy. i for one will never use pay pal again.

ghostofpf1
07-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Dear steven coogan,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.

So now i am out damn near $600 for an item that i never recieved. Because paypal can get the funds from the guy. i for one will never use pay pal again.

Bummer man...:sorry:
Mind sharing who the "vendor" was so the rest of us can steer clear ??
Ghost

avengersteve
07-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Seller's Name: Andy Cadwell
Seller's Email: musicfiend167@yahoo.com

was buying car parts from him off a 88 firebird gta. if it matters

C.Smock
07-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Man. Sorry about your loss.

Best wishes

Casey

jeff180
07-21-2008, 08:15 PM
so your out $600 and he gets a slap on the wrist?
But there is a chance that if he ever scams someone
and sells that same part for $600 than you get reimbursed.
Am i right?

sjslhill
07-22-2008, 08:50 AM
PayPal and Ebay....can do this to you

Ub Hauled
07-22-2008, 12:19 PM
I think that they are pretty much stating that the case is closed and that nothing else will be done on their side... I got one of those letter as well... in my eye that is a huge loop hole in the system and is not in the "scamee's" favor at all.
Here is why:
Paypal requires a bank account so one can deal with them, afterwards you can add more ways to pay but the bank is mandatory. Let's say I take all my money out of that account and give somebody the "ol' stifferoo", there is not a damn thing they can do to get your money back from me. They tell you that they still will try to get your money back but at that point pretty much a formality. So they can say they told us if for some reason somebody sues them.
I think that is something that needs to be worked on by this company since they are so widely used... these days I pretty much research the people I am dealing with or just deal with people I know... unfortunate really.

Steven Vaccaro
07-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Its not a perfect system. I have been on the short side on more than a few occasions, but there isnt another service out there thats better. Until that time if you want to send money quick, its the best way.

avengersteve
07-22-2008, 04:22 PM
aperently this guy sold parts off a car to many people, and i am omong plenty that got ripped off. He took the money cashed it and closed the bank account. I have been in contact with the police, (i tracked his ass down) and they are going to knowck on his door for me. the internet is a scarry thing. i was able to find where this guy lives, and get a picture off of google earth clearly of his house. Id think when you get sent a letter with a picture of your house you will comply.

avengersteve
07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
so your out $600 and he gets a slap on the wrist?
But there is a chance that if he ever scams someone
and sells that same part for $600 than you get reimbursed.
Am i right?
yeah. he gets a letter from paypal and his account put on hold. basicly when something like this happens, pay pal will put your account in the red, and you have to have funds added. when funds get added they can issue the refunds..
but the next guy gets screwed

Ub Hauled
07-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Avenger Steve at his best,
:buttrock:

Id think when you get sent a letter with a picture of your house you will comply.

dirtysouth31
07-22-2008, 06:53 PM
i dont think it really matters to andy cadwell if he gets banned or not..hell ive been banned from the bay twice already..not for stiffing somebody just didnt feel like i should of payed relisting fees when somebody was trying to scam me..sorry to hear about the loss of money.

ChaKane
07-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I thought that Paypal offered some type of insurance against this sort of thing. I know when I got jipped on some Lipos that I purchased, Paypal repaid the $$ back to me.

Diegoboy
07-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Avengersteve... Where are you?

scotthend21
07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
If you set up your Pay Pal account with a credit card. You can dispute the pay pal charges and the credit card company will refund you the money. The credit card companys don't have exclusions for refunds if they can't collect.