PDA

View Full Version : Best prop for sv27???

gumby
07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
hey guys i just got my sv27 and it runs great and was wondering what is the best prop to buy.

looking for speed i dont care if it cavitation a little bit.

mike

DISAR
07-22-2008, 04:55 PM
The stock 3blade prop cavitates a lot when starting. I use thre grimracer 42mm and runs great no cavitation super speed. I ave also read in this forum somewhere that they use the Octura 445 or 645?? In this site you can also find the Graupner series and you can try the 2317.42 or the 2317.45 they are very cheap and super performance too. I also use them in my bigger boats with no problems at all.

ChaKane
07-22-2008, 08:02 PM
I used the grimracer up to last week when I lost the drive shaft and all at the bottom of the lake (don't ask, long and sad story) and found that it was great. I have got another as well as a 220 prather which I will give a try to this weekend weather permitting.

dubkatz
07-22-2008, 08:50 PM
alot of us use graupner k45 and k48's i run a k48 and have zero cavitation. and top speed is tops too, its just ruff on temps. I always get a lot of water in the boat. so it helps cool things off. otherwise my batts would prob catch on fire !!!

ChaKane
07-22-2008, 09:03 PM
hehehe, I don't usually get any water in unless I flip it or the drive shaft falls out and it sucks in water through the @%##@ stinger costing me an ESC and BEC....but otherwise, bone dry. I did silicon around the canopy which gives a good seal.

dubkatz
07-23-2008, 10:28 AM
yea i have been meaning to use silicone on the hatch, but the water getting into the haul hasint seem to hurt anything, i spray wd4 liberaly tru the motor when im done. and the batteries dont seem to mind being submerged. i had some stick packs that were starting to rust because water would get trapped in the shrink wrap. but i resoldered them side by side so now they dont hold water. and obviously the radio box still stays water tight.

gumby
07-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks guys but is the grimracer sharpened and balanced?

mike

ChaKane
07-23-2008, 05:12 PM
You would have to check on Steve's site but usually they aren't. It depends on what you are exactly looking for. A 2 blade prop will be quicker than a three bladed one but the three blade prop gives more bite in the water so it's quicker off the mark and out of corners.

This is Aquacrafts recommendations:

http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/accessories/propellers.html

planezero
07-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks guys but is the grimracer sharpened and balanced?

mike

No they are not.
They say on the site "each prop is near its balance point — right out of the package." and theres a nice tutorial from Mike as well on how to do it.

Berry