PDA

View Full Version : You need namba insurance??????????? LEGG LAKE CA

shartinspartin
09-25-2013, 07:48 AM
So I want to run out at Legg lake in El Monte california.
I saw that you need model boat insurance to run there? WTF?
Is this real and if it is how to I get this insurance?

LuckyDuc
09-25-2013, 08:03 AM
You simply join NAMBA. Almost all rc boat clubs require a membership in either NAMBA OR IMPBA (in the USA). The reason for this is because they require insurance for race sanctioning. Allowing uninsured boaters to run at the pond violates this sanctioning and they risk loosing it.
Go to NAMBA.com for more info. Adult membership is $45.

Darin Jordan
09-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Adult membership is $45.

Which means, for most of the rest of us, the membership is discounted... :bounce:

Legg Lake is quite a privilage for those who live nearby. WORLD CLASS facility. Pony up the $45.00 and follow the rules there, and enjoy. Maintaining the privilage to run at sights like this should be something taken pretty seriously. These sights are getting harder and harder to find.

shartinspartin
09-26-2013, 01:26 AM
How do you get it discounted?

Darin Jordan
09-26-2013, 10:24 AM
How do you get it discounted?

It was a joke... "Adult Membership $45"... Think for a second... you'll figure it out... ;)

The rest stands... Get a NAMBA membership, then join up with the Legg Lake crew... that place is excellent.

Steven Vaccaro
09-26-2013, 10:30 AM
I've seen the videos and pictures. I haven't seen a nicer place than that to play with rc boats.

RaceMechaniX
09-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Please also note, that the retrieve boat and main gate are generally locked up. You can still run, just more difficult to retrieve and you will need walk your gear from the main road. On the weekends generally there are enough boaters where the gate is unlocked and the retrieve boat is out.

ron1950
09-26-2013, 03:23 PM
It was a joke... "Adult Membership $45"... Think for a second... you'll figure it out...

The rest stands... Get a NAMBA membership, then join up with the Legg Lake crew... that place is excellent

darin your being childish again...inside joke

TheShaughnessy
09-26-2013, 04:26 PM
If you want a gate key I know a guy that knows a guy who can get you one. Cost ya 35 bucks plus you have to be NAMBA Member. Might ask about a pro rated cost on the key since it gets changed annually. Gets you access to the row boat as well so well worth it.

Also please note that FE has been gradually getting stronger and more accepted by the gas and nitro guys . Please be respectful of the gas boaters. Tony has worked real hard at getting FE in to the gas racing mix up and I'm sworn to a blood oath stating I will have to stab anybody that jeopardizes FE racing in D 19.

I'm only half serious but seriously.

Darin Jordan
09-26-2013, 04:27 PM

Hahahaha... Nice... :spy:

properchopper
09-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Shartinspartin : you can e-mail me at rcboatbuild@hotmail.com for more details. I can also send you a copy of "Da Rulz" :biggrin:

shartinspartin
09-26-2013, 05:26 PM
If you want a gate key I know a guy that knows a guy who can get you one. Cost ya 35 bucks plus you have to be NAMBA Member. Might ask about a pro rated cost on the key since it gets changed annually. Gets you access to the row boat as well so well worth it.

Also please note that FE has been gradually getting stronger and more accepted by the gas and nitro guys . Please be respectful of the gas boaters. Tony has worked real hard at getting FE in to the gas racing mix up and I'm sworn to a blood oath stating I will have to stab anybody that jeopardizes FE racing in D 19.

Well Im respectful to everybody... Im confused why would someone disrespect someone with a different type of boat lol?
Do fe boaters and gas boater not get along or something?

TheShaughnessy
09-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Just a general statement. I'm not saying you would be disrespectful. I'm sure you got the email from tony so...

DPeterson
09-26-2013, 09:55 PM
I would pay a hell of a lot more if I had a place like Legg Lake to run. What is the issue?

shartinspartin
09-27-2013, 12:00 AM
no issue lol

TheShaughnessy
09-27-2013, 01:56 AM
no issue lol

Agreed

microboatdude
06-23-2017, 03:02 PM
Anybody still around?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fluid
06-23-2017, 07:46 PM
A round what? A round a four-year-old thread? A round to it? What do you need?

TheShaughnessy
04-19-2018, 12:46 PM
we are still round despite some folks making the claim that we are flat. Alive and well at Legg Lake. (note to self, check date of last reply.)