PDA

View Full Version : Futaba 3PM and R203GF Question

sboti74
09-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Hello OSE,

Still getting into the boat scene and looking for some advice. With my Off-road rigs, I've always used Airtronics and now have sold all that and running nothing but RadioPost. Anyway, getting into the boat side of the hobby, I picked up a boat that came with a Futuba 3prka. I bought a second R203GF receiver not thinking about the 3PRKA not having the ability to change models..... Duh......

So, now I have 2 R203GF receivers and looking to give Futaba a try with the boats. I have a buddy of mine wanting to sell me his 3PM (Not the 3PMX) but I can't find anything telling me the rcvrs will work with the 3PM. If they do, I'll pick up the radio.

So, does anyone one know for sure that the Futaba R203GF rcvr will work with a 3PM radio?

Thanks OSE. Oh yeah, I didn't see a radio section so I hope I put this in the right thread. :)

marko500
09-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Don't think it'll work with the 3pm. That Rx is on their FHSS system and the 3pm uses the FASST system.
http://www.futaba-rc.com/receivers/fhss-s-fhss-compat.html

sboti74
09-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Awe man.......... I think you're right marko. I've been doing some research while I was waiting for a reply. So, now I'm on the hunt for a cheap used 3PL or 4PL...... Posting in the wanted section.

Thanks OSE.

marko500
09-23-2013, 02:51 PM
We use 2 of the 3pm radios. Use them in boats, cars, trucks, pulling trucks, been great radios and never a problem. Only drawback is the price of the Rx's.

marko500
09-23-2013, 02:53 PM
If nobody on here has a radio F/S I'd try RCTech.

sboti74
09-23-2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys. I'll be checking around on the forums. I'm sure someone's looking to upgrade their 3pl....

Sent from my Galaxy III S using Tapatalk 2

flraptor07
09-24-2013, 01:01 PM
You know you can get a TX module from Radiopost so you can use Futaba RXs with your Radiopost TX. Look on their web site. I love my Radiopost and I'm using it with all my boats

sboti74
09-24-2013, 01:14 PM
You know you can get a TX module from Radiopost so you can use Futaba RXs with your Radiopost TX. Look on their web site. I love my Radiopost and I'm using it with all my boats

No, I did not know that..... Crap, I just sent a guy $60 for a 3PL. Can't get to the radiopost website from my office. I'll have to check when I get home. Thanks.

flraptor07
09-24-2013, 04:59 PM
No, I did not know that..... Crap, I just sent a guy $60 for a 3PL. Can't get to the radiopost website from my office. I'll have to check when I get home. Thanks.
Yeah it's pretty cool, or you can just get another Radiopost Rx. I've been using those little 4 channel ones.

sboti74
09-24-2013, 05:06 PM
thanks for all the info man. You know, I tried to look for a TX module for my TS401 transmitter but didn't find anything like that.... You don't happen to have a link do you?

I was thinking of getting the little 4ch rcvrs but I heard they are more fragile than the 5ch rcvrs. What do you think? Also, I will get RadioPost rcvrs for the boats but right now, I have 4 boats and had 2 futaba rcvrs on hand. So, for $60, I figured I'd go with Futaba till I get RadioPost rcvrs for the rigs. Then sell the Futaba and rcvrs... :)

flraptor07
09-24-2013, 05:16 PM
thanks for all the info man. You know, I tried to look for a TX module for my TS401 transmitter but didn't find anything like that.... You don't happen to have a link do you?

I was thinking of getting the little 4ch rcvrs but I heard they are more fragile than the 5ch rcvrs. What do you think? Also, I will get RadioPost rcvrs for the boats but right now, I have 4 boats and had 2 futaba rcvrs on hand. So, for $60, I figured I'd go with Futaba till I get RadioPost rcvrs for the rigs. Then sell the Futaba and rcvrs... :)
Ask and ye shall receive! :biggrin::biggrin: http://www.radiopost.com/products/detail.aspx?cat=102&id=17

sboti74
09-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Ask and ye shall receive! :biggrin::biggrin: http://www.radiopost.com/products/detail.aspx?cat=102&id=17

Okay, yeah I did see those but they are for different radios. I thought you were talking about something I could install in the TS401 to use the Futaba rcvrs I already have..... :)

My bad....

flraptor07
09-24-2013, 05:34 PM
The little 4 Channel receivers work just fine for me, I've used them in my SCTs too. In the boats I use those little Traxxas waterproof radio boxes http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info.php?cPath=10691_18503_18465&products_id=5811

flraptor07
09-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Okay, yeah I did see those but they are for different radios. I thought you were talking about something I could install in the TS401 to use the Futaba rcvrs I already have..... :)

My bad....

Oh I thought those were what you were talking about, sorry about that.

sboti74
09-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Oh I thought those were what you were talking about, sorry about that.

lol, it's all good. I think I'm set now though. I'll just roll with my plan to use the 3PL and 3 rcvrs I will have for the boats till I get my hands on some RadioPost rcvrs.

Thanks for your help and ideas.:rockon2: