PDA

View Full Version : DX3C Radio problem, Help

JLShip
09-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Have new DX3C Spektrum Radio, set up with Revolt 30,stock ESC....
Blind radio to Boat, M200 receiver, I thought it worked at home, went to pond today, would not work, when I turned on ESC beep, constant Beep, Tried to re-bind at pond, attach plug, attach battery, Transmitter to BIND, set F/S, push Bind, recv. went solid, unplug Bind, Had Moved throttle all the way to Brake to get something started, Two beep? pulled throttle all the way open, two beeps?, then had to move throttle all the way brake again to get 3 beeps, Problem unless I held full brake motor would star
Finally put Aquacraft radio back in , worked just Fine? Boat ran great.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jim:help:

JLShip
09-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Since no help came, sent Radio back to dealer, to check out....

Fluid
09-25-2013, 03:00 PM
There could be a faulty radio, or an issue with the transmitter settings. For the latter, reversing the throttle may help, or trying different throttle trim settings. I had to monkey with the latter on my DX3R PRO when used with the Aquacraft ESC, it was pretty sensitive to trim adjustments.

Justgregg
09-27-2013, 08:34 AM
I have the same set up with no problems. Are you powering down the boat before you pull the bind plug. Seems if I pull the bind plug while it's still powered I have problems. Let me know what the final out come is. Good luck!

JLShip
09-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks , Gregg and Jay
Radio sent back to Horizon, they'll check out...hopefully they'll find a problem and replace or fix....will let you know.

Darin Jordan
09-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Thanks , Gregg and Jay
Radio sent back to Horizon, they'll check out...hopefully they'll find a problem and replace or fix....will let you know.

If Spektrum doesn't find anything wrong with the TX, then I suspect trim issues. The constant beeping on the AQ ESCs is usually a matter of the ESC not knowing where the TX thinks neutral is. The fact that you were able to get SOMETHING programmed using the TX with this ESC shows the radio is working fine, and it's, again, likely a trim setting.

I haven't run an AQ ESC in quite some time (for obvious reasons! :biggrin: ), so I don't recall where my TX settings were when I did.

If I recall correctly, I would set the EPA (Endpoint) adjustments (Travel) to -150/+150. Everything else was basically neutral, but, I MIGHT have had to "Reverse" the TH channel?? The Stock AQ radio, which is likely based on the Futaba stuff, may act like Futaba radios, where the servos are all "Reversed" from everyone else. So, you might have to do that too, if the ESC is programmed to work with Futaba radios.

I don't suspect that's an issue, but something to consider. I'm sure there are a lot more people here with experience with these ESCs that would know more.

siberianhusky
09-27-2013, 11:48 AM
It's a trim issue, I have the same thing happen with my DX2s, should be able to get it to work by playing with the trims or whatever on that radio. Different models of radio not sure if yours is programmable like the 2s.