PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a motley crew. Have some questions

shartinspartin
09-21-2013, 06:04 AM
I just picked up a motley crew on tower in the scratch and dent area. Its says it has a damaged prop and missing small parts.
What is a good prop to throw on the stock setup.
Also I have a brand new castle vxl6s spartan esc, and an almost new castle spartan motor. (Im about to upgrade the spartan)
Would that setup be an upgrade over stock And would it run in this boat reliably?
Is there anything out of the box that needs to be done before the maiden?(besides figuring out what the missing parts are lol)
If theres anything else you can add id appreciate it!

shartinspartin
09-21-2013, 08:20 PM
pretty dead here huh???

JimClark
09-21-2013, 08:24 PM
pretty impatient? Slightly over two hours ago on a Saturday afternoon give it time

shartinspartin
09-21-2013, 09:47 PM
The most impatient. LOL
Im just used to being on forums for every type of rc that have alot more traffic.

But anyways... Do you have any input on the op?

Denaki
09-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Search or just look through the other threads, it's all out there if you look. I just got one myself and looked, just upgrade the shaft and prop and your good to go!

turbomania
09-24-2013, 12:54 PM
A Grim 42-55 is a good prop, also like the Octura X442 on this.
This boat is very happy running in the 40's, I do believe the Spartan Electronics will fit. I would run it stock first to get a feel for it, set up is most important !!! Once you upgrade, Blow overs at 50+ mph will kill your Motley, and most other RTR's... Then Aero tweeks need to be done to keep it on the water.
Love mine... 66.9 MPH...
PS make sure to line up the drive cable and the motor. They are usually way off. The motor mount is very thin and will twist out of alignment.

Turbo Joe