PDA

View Full Version : Hor sss motors vs TP Power

twissted
09-20-2013, 04:00 PM

Default Hello

Hello Jack,

We just realized that you are the ID "twissed" on RC forums. Apologies for yesterday's argument on RCuniverse, and hope that it won't hurt you. If yes, we didn't mean that. One of our employee saw that post by accident when she was trying to figure out the motor set-up for a 41'' cat. She was surprised that a brand we never heard was claimed to be custom-made by TP. After more search, she found that you mentioned this in several forums, and we thought it was necessary to make some clarification.

Last night we got information from another boater and confirmed how this rumor began. He ascribed part of the responsibility to himself by starting this saying, because he thought the sss looks "very similar" to our motors. In fact, we have taken apart a lot of motors, including Neu, and honestly speaking, they do not have big difference in the design and building, because this has been a mature industry. However, according to our experience, the materials inside the motor plays a key role, and we are always using the best materials we could find to our motors. We won't say sss is bad because we never know them and test them, but just trying to stop the saying that TP is OEM for other brand. I hope you can understand.

We sincerely apologize that we thought you are the starter of this rumor, and hope you can have good experience with TP Power. If you need a motor in the future, we can offer you a test boater discount, maybe price-match to the sss motor you like? We are confident with our products and will continue to make them better and better.

Sincerely,
TPPOWER

twissted
09-20-2013, 04:09 PM
smileday

smileday is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Hello

Some response will be posted corresponding to that thread. We never worry about that since the Europe market has prove the improvement of quality. We will let data talk.

Quote Originally Posted by twissted

Quote Originally Posted by smileday

Hello Jack,

We just realized that you are the ID "twissed" on RC forums. Apologies for yesterday's argument on RCuniverse, and hope that it won't hurt you. If yes, we didn't mean that. One of our employee saw that post by accident when she was trying to figure out the motor set-up for a 41'' cat. She was surprised that a brand we never heard was claimed to be custom-made by TP. After more search, she found that you mentioned this in several forums, and we thought it was necessary to make some clarification.

Last night we got information from another boater and confirmed how this rumor began. He ascribed part of the responsibility to himself by starting this saying, because he thought the sss looks "very similar" to our motors. In fact, we have taken apart a lot of motors, including Neu, and honestly speaking, they do not have big difference in the design and building, because this has been a mature industry. However, according to our experience, the materials inside the motor plays a key role, and we are always using the best materials we could find to our motors. We won't say sss is bad because we never know them and test them, but just trying to stop the saying that TP is OEM for other brand. I hope you can understand.

We sincerely apologize that we thought you are the starter of this rumor, and hope you can have good experience with TP Power. If you need a motor in the future, we can offer you a test boater discount, maybe price-match to the sss motor you like? We are confident with our products and will continue to make them better and better.

Sincerely,
TPPOWER
Hey your problems are going to get worse as some have posted that the quality has gone down as of late. I hope that things turn around for you. I don't know the difference other than you putting a sticker on the motor than the ones I have been buying from horracing. I think that your venders must be on the same page. So if you are then wouldn't that make the motors the same.

twissted
09-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Hello Jack,

Sincerely,
TPPOWER
I would like to try a pair of your 5850 motors to run on 8s in my new boat build. with water jackets They sell for 105.00 with the jackets.

Please tell me what KV you want and let me check the stock.

Sincerely,
TPPOWER[/QUOTE]
I would like to try a pair of your 5850 motors to run on 8s in my new boat build. with water jackets They sell for 105.00 with the jackets.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me what KV you want and let me check the stock.[/QUOTE]

twissted
09-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Then he came back with this response when I asked for a 1200 kv motor or as close as he could.

Hi Jack,

I have an 1150 kv 5850 in stock. However, we ran out of the corresponding water cooling jacket.

I have communicated with our manager, and we changed our mind to match our price to the sss you have. The reason is our motors are not overpriced. The price reflects the quality and it is not necessary to price-match with other brands to demonstrate ourselves.

However, we would like to give you this motor for free, because of our misunderstanding on you, and we don't want any one of our customer to feel uncomfortable with us. Another reason is, since you get it for free, you may be more bold to test it under extreme conditions on our specs, since you won't lose anything. This is the effective way to tell the difference between a high-performance motor for demanding race and a normal motor. Do you have a tool to test the RMP of motors?

It is fine that you are the fan of other motors, because different people have different flavor and need. If you would like to take this motor, please pm me your address, then it will be on the way soon.

Best,
Junlin

Cooper
09-20-2013, 04:23 PM
W.t.f.??????

Mike Caruso
09-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Then he came back with this response when I asked for a 1200 kv motor or as close as he could.

Hi Jack,

I have an 1150 kv 5850 in stock. However, we ran out of the corresponding water cooling jacket.

I have communicated with our manager, and we changed our mind to match our price to the sss you have. The reason is our motors are not overpriced. The price reflects the quality and it is not necessary to price-match with other brands to demonstrate ourselves.

However, we would like to give you this motor for free, because of our misunderstanding on you, and we don't want any one of our customer to feel uncomfortable with us. Another reason is, since you get it for free, you may be more bold to test it under extreme conditions on our specs, since you won't lose anything. This is the effective way to tell the difference between a high-performance motor for demanding race and a normal motor. Do you have a tool to test the RMP of motors?

It is fine that you are the fan of other motors, because different people have different flavor and need. If you would like to take this motor, please pm me your address, then it will be on the way soon.

Best,
Junlin

Great deal true R&D here's the motor try and kill it! :thumbup:

twissted
09-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Ok here is my response to all this. I offered to pay for the motors and yes I have the equipment to test the kv and put both motors under the same conditions. As for asking to get the same kv is the only way to test fair. Backing out shows that ether the motors are the same or they have something to hide. I would think that offering the motors at the same cost as the SSS line is fair also. Backing out if the motors are built the same would be wise. But now people will buy SSS motors if this is true.
It is in poor taste to offer something and then back out!
Not standing up to what your willing state that the motors are not made by you and that they are a better motor, yet backing out when ask to send a motor that is very much the same.
So stand up to the plate and lets see the difference. I not only can test these motors in a boat but also in a 1/5 scale buggy or 1/5 truck. I have other motors that I can stack up to as well (skyrc X524).

P.S. I would very much like to put these motors up against the other motors that are in it's class. I like the fact that it was offered to me. I don't like being lied too.

twissted
09-20-2013, 04:37 PM
I know? W.T.F.
W.t.f.??????

twissted
09-20-2013, 04:40 PM
The company ask me. and in kind I took them up on the offer. Then when asked to send a 5850 in 1200 kv or as close as possible the game changed.

smileday
09-20-2013, 04:41 PM
We are not backing out. I would like to offer an free motor and need you to make it to extreme and finally burn it.

If you would like to burn two motors at your own cost, we have no problem.

The other reason is I just have one motor you want in stock :)

Ok here is my response to all this. I offered to pay for the motors and yes I have the equipment to test the kv and put both motors under the same conditions. As for asking to get the same kv is the only way to test fair. Backing out shows that ether the motors are the same or they have something to hide. I would think that offering the motors at the same cost as the SSS line is fair also. Backing out if the motors are built the same would be wise. But now people will buy SSS motors if this is true.
It is in poor taste to offer something and then back out!
Not standing up to what your willing state that the motors are not made by you and that they are a better motor, yet backing out when ask to send a motor that is very much the same.
So stand up to the plate and lets see the difference. I not only can test these motors in a boat but also in a 1/5 scale buggy or 1/5 truck. I have other motors that I can stack up to as well (skyrc X524).

P.S. I would very much like to put these motors up against the other motors that are in it's class. I like the fact that it was offered to me. I don't like being lied too.

twissted
09-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Ok send it I will test it as you want I also have the test equipment to show heat amp draw and kv. On video it will show run times as well.
212 Continental Hts.
Grand Coulee, WA. 99133
I have 5 SSS motors 3 are the SSS5694 1200kv and 2 are the 3674 2075kv I bought some water jacket from you guys and they are very high quality. I installed them on some HK 4075 1200kv that I just installed in my 42'' Zonda catamaran. I wanted to test the TP 5850 motor in my 56'' cat but I can test With A 56" deep vee hull and get the results I need. Also I have some bad boy 1/5 brushless Buggy and Truck that will really test this motor. I just hope the 200 amp esc will hold up. I also have the Castle XL2 that can be used. I will break the motors down as well. Posted and also video. Should be a lot of fun. Thank you!

Basstronics
09-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Hell if TP Power wants to give away that BEAST FOR FREE I got a home for it.

I got a 42" Osprey that needs a more suitable power plant. The 920kv version would be better for my purpose though. Although Im not against abusing the hell out of either motor (for free). I would provide a fair an unbiased review as well. Much like I will do when I get my other motor in the boat and on the water.

It would be nice to replace the purported TP Power motor I showed Lie Fang Tam @ the Toledo show with a true TP Power product. (I probably got the name spelled wrong- sorry)

Basstronics
09-20-2013, 05:24 PM
The company ask me. and in kind I took them up on the offer. Then when asked to send a 5850 in 1200 kv or as close as possible the game changed.

I lulz at this entire thread.

Seriously... Whats the difference between 1200kv and 1150kv? 50kv...

Now when you put this on a kv meter do you think they are REALLY going to read 1200kv and 1150kv EXACTLY?

Again I lulz. Honestly I cant comprehend WHY they would give you one for free then get complained about it.

twissted
09-20-2013, 05:44 PM
At first I was paying for the cost of a SSS motor and that would be 105.00 with the water jacket installed. It wasn't free. I also have to burn both motors up doing the same test. This is very hard on the esc and batteries and the boat or car that it will be in. Since it is only one motor my buggy will be the best way to smoke these motors if it is possible. I have a feeling that this is going to be a very costly test. Not a free motor as you see it.
These are big and powerfull motors. It will be quit the test!

Basstronics
09-20-2013, 05:55 PM
I fail to read anywhere that TP Power said you must burn up their motors. They did say if it was free you might be more inclined to test it beyond what you normally would...

Rumdog
09-20-2013, 05:58 PM
First.. you need to build a boat that can complete a run.

Cooper
09-20-2013, 06:07 PM
First.. you need to build a boat that can complete a run. this and another thread I'm having a hard time keeping up. Am I the only one thinking something is fishey here?

SloHD
09-20-2013, 06:12 PM
There's something fishy in all his posts. It is pretty entertaining tho.

Cooper
09-20-2013, 06:13 PM
this and another thread I'm having a hard time keeping up. Am I the only one thinking something is fishey here?

Awww, forget what I said previously, its Friday, too windy for the fast cat and I'm in need of entertainment. So I'm sitting back with beer, batteries charging for tomorrow and got the iPad. Lol!!! :rockon2:

twissted
09-20-2013, 06:15 PM
I have just the boat. My very fist boat. I bought it off ebay in April or May of last year.
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/Jack59/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/rcboats005.jpg (http://s628.photobucket.com/user/Jack59/media/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/rcboats005.jpg.html)
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/Jack59/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/rcboats003.jpg (http://s628.photobucket.com/user/Jack59/media/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/rcboats003.jpg.html)
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/Jack59/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/rcboats002.jpg (http://s628.photobucket.com/user/Jack59/media/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/rcboats002.jpg.html)
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/Jack59/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/rcboats008.jpg (http://s628.photobucket.com/user/Jack59/media/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/rcboats008.jpg.html)
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/Jack59/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/rcboats029.jpg (http://s628.photobucket.com/user/Jack59/media/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/rcboats029.jpg.html)
spray can alley!

twissted
09-20-2013, 06:16 PM
This thing will suck the power out of them.

twissted
09-20-2013, 06:22 PM
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/Jack59/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/RPM1.jpg (http://s628.photobucket.com/user/Jack59/media/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/RPM1.jpg.html)

twissted
09-20-2013, 06:26 PM
I have some monster props that will heat things up as well.
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/Jack59/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/RCboat018-1.jpg (http://s628.photobucket.com/user/Jack59/media/aqua%20V24%20boat%20brushless/RCboat018-1.jpg.html)

twissted
09-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Can you think of anything that I can add to the test or want to see?

smileday
09-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Well to clear up the confusion, the whole story is like this:

By accident I found twiss mention in several forum that sss motor is made by TP Power but actually not, because we don't do OEM, only make motors for our own brand. Then I argue with him in another forum. But later we found that twissed is not the starter of this rumor and kind of feel apologies to blame him. In the first PM message I promise him to price match a motor for him and want to make him fell comfortable. In his reply, he asked for a pair of 5850 motors, but actually I just have one in stock, and also I only promise one in my original email.

I communicate with the sales manager in China and she was kind of angry and asked why we should price match our products with some brand we didn't even heard about. Well, now it comes to my fault to make such promise. But with only one motor twissed can not test the motor on his boat. Then I come up with the idea that I can give one motor to him, and let him to push it to extreme to see how good the quality it is. Even it burn at some point, twissed won't lose any money. Of course, I have to pay for this motor out of my own pocket.

Now, both sides are blame me. And even worse, twissed says our company are hiding somthing. I feel very bad about this. But still I will keep my promise

I lulz at this entire thread.

Seriously... Whats the difference between 1200kv and 1150kv? 50kv...

Now when you put this on a kv meter do you think they are REALLY going to read 1200kv and 1150kv EXACTLY?

Again I lulz. Honestly I cant comprehend WHY they would give you one for free then get complained about it.

Rumdog
09-20-2013, 07:12 PM
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Fluid
09-20-2013, 08:10 PM
The "build" thread on RCU was pretty wild too. Does it bother anyone that a motor will be "tested" by a guy who has only had one working boat, and that his "innovative" build had the wrong wind flex installed?

keithbradley
09-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Well to clear up the confusion, the whole story is like this:

By accident I found twiss mention in several forum that sss motor is made by TP Power but actually not, because we don't do OEM, only make motors for our own brand. Then I argue with him in another forum. But later we found that twissed is not the starter of this rumor and kind of feel apologies to blame him. In the first PM message I promise him to price match a motor for him and want to make him fell comfortable. In his reply, he asked for a pair of 5850 motors, but actually I just have one in stock, and also I only promise one in my original email.

I communicate with the sales manager in China and she was kind of angry and asked why we should price match our products with some brand we didn't even heard about. Well, now it comes to my fault to make such promise. But with only one motor twissed can not test the motor on his boat. Then I come up with the idea that I can give one motor to him, and let him to push it to extreme to see how good the quality it is. Even it burn at some point, twissed won't lose any money. Of course, I have to pay for this motor out of my own pocket.

Now, both sides are blame me. And even worse, twissed says our company are hiding somthing. I feel very bad about this. But still I will keep my promise

There are people who would appreciate your gesture...
There are people who would give you their business in return...
There are people who are experienced and can actually make a valid determination...
There are people who already use your motors and would likely do a review on multiple forums...
There are people who have experience with more than just ONE MOTOR to draw a comparison...

If you're interested in promoting your product this way, you should start a thread and ask people why they should be given the opportunity. There are people on this forum that would react much differently to the offer you made.
I believe that Steven is okay with this activity as well, although it would of course be best to check first.

Cooper
09-20-2013, 09:43 PM
I might be off here but,,, if a company is going to "test" their product by getting the feed back from an unknown source "twisted" with a simple kv reader and no imperial data or controlled testing equipment then I can tell you that I will NEVER purchase ANY product from such a company. Period.

smileday
09-20-2013, 09:55 PM
As I said in the previous post, test is not the original purpose. Giving the motor to twissed is my appologize to him by blaming him starting a rumor but actually he was not. I need to pay this motor by myself. Currently our company have only three testers in United States: one is properchopper as a boater, the other two are used to be F5D pilots in US national team.

I might be off here but,,, if a company is going to "test" their product by getting the feed back from an unknown source "twisted" with a simple kv reader and no imperial data or controlled testing equipment then I can tell you that I will NEVER purchase ANY product from such a company. Period.

ray schrauwen
09-20-2013, 10:04 PM
The esc you're going to need to burn up a 5650 motor...

I'm still reading and may chime in later a bit more.

properchopper
09-20-2013, 10:24 PM
In an effort to counteract the absurd jaw-flapping being bantered about here by someone who has yet to demonstrate any actual valid on-the-water experience,(or to quote Ryan : "First.. you need to build a boat that can complete a run. ") I offer today's trial of a very nice TP Power 4060 5D 2040KV motor (yes, I know I posted this in another thread)

Replacing the Neu 1521 1.5D in my Cheetah (which ran mid/high 50's with a 452/2), I propped down to a more conservative X447/3 and just ripped it up. I like this motor !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl5ebHR6wR4

ray schrauwen
09-20-2013, 10:38 PM
O.k. all done. It seems Twisted is as Twisted does.

I want to thank you Smileday and Lifeng for your kind offers through email.

Maybe this will help end the discussion on TP and HOR SSS motor comparison.

By email I was contacted by Lifeng and I explained my part in this. What I'm not sure is if they have figured out it was Twisted that paraded the saying of TP is same as SSS HOR after I had said (and, I'm quite sure the way it was worded) that I initially made posts that they were very similar and they are. I was personally told by HOR that his SSS motors were made by people he hired that worked for TP Power at some time but, that's what I was told.
I have both in hand, a 2200kv Fightercat (TP Power made) 4092 and a 4074 SSS HOR 2200Kv motor. Slight differences on the outside very SIMILAR inside, not the same though, that I NEVER SAID. I may have said they could be the same but, I never made a definitive statement and I can't. Sorry, I like motors, I like to see what makes them tick, just wish I had the pond time others have otherwise I'd lay down all the proof.

Smileday and Lifeng, if I were more able bodied or had more physical energy this summer, I would have been your "Canadian Tester" of your motors.

I did leave out some details of my emails from and to TP Power but, I must say, they are VERY accommodating and hopefully I can get more motor info next summer as this summer was tough on me physically. I will test out the FC 2200kv 4092 again next weekend at the applebutter festival. So far after over a year running I can't kill that motor, esc's I'm worried about more. Very hard to keep it on the water in my DF33 on 4s2p, 11600Mah total.
Lifeng, I will take you up on your offer in the future, as I said winter is coming soon. I really want to see what I can do with the 4060-1870kv, 3Y motor in a new P-mono hull. Maybe it can come close to a 1521 1.5D, we will see!

Thanks to Steve for just upgrading a great OPEN forum and thank you TP Power for a less expensive alternative!

Twisted, I'm not throwing you under the bus, maybe you misunderstood me I'm not sure. If I had all my old Emails and PM's I could tell the exact story. All I can say is lets see your boats moving!! Lets here about how they run more than what you wanna do or whatcha got in the mail, been there done that, it's an empty shell. :beerchug:

ray schrauwen
09-20-2013, 10:42 PM
Rock On Tony, that thing is HAULING the mail. Maybe I'll try that motor instead of the 1870kv one.

Floor it and turn right!:w00t::bowdown:

In an effort to counteract the absurd jaw-flapping being bantered about here by someone who has yet to demonstrate any actual valid on-the-water experience,(or to quote Ryan : "First.. you need to build a boat that can complete a run. ") I offer today's trial of a very nice TP Power 4060 5D 2040KV motor (yes, I know I posted this in another thread)

Replacing the Neu 1521 1.5D in my Cheetah (which ran mid/high 50's with a 452/2), I propped down to a more conservative X447/3 and just ripped it up. I like this motor !!

Wetter
09-20-2013, 10:49 PM
:popcorn2:

Rocstar
09-20-2013, 10:49 PM
The "build" thread on RCU was pretty wild too. Does it bother anyone that a motor will be "tested" by a guy who has only had one working boat, and that his "innovative" build had the wrong wind flex installed?

My thoughts exactly.

Rocstar
09-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Experience.

properchopper
09-20-2013, 11:08 PM
Experience.

:rofl:

smileday
09-21-2013, 09:52 AM
Thank you for your clarification Ray.

One comment I add to this thread: the offer given to Ray is for thanking for his cooperation with investigating a long-last rumor, which turned out to be some misleading information he was told. We currently do not have any motor test plan. We are always be consistent and supportive to our good dealer, as Steve on offshore here. If he has the motors someone need in stock, we suggest people to buy from him.

O.k. all done. It seems Twisted is as Twisted does.

I want to thank you Smileday and Lifeng for your kind offers through email.

Maybe this will help end the discussion on TP and HOR SSS motor comparison.

By email I was contacted by Lifeng and I explained my part in this. What I'm not sure is if they have figured out it was Twisted that paraded the saying of TP is same as SSS HOR after I had said (and, I'm quite sure the way it was worded) that I initially made posts that they were very similar and they are. I was personally told by HOR that his SSS motors were made by people he hired that worked for TP Power at some time but, that's what I was told.
I have both in hand, a 2200kv Fightercat (TP Power made) 4092 and a 4074 SSS HOR 2200Kv motor. Slight differences on the outside very SIMILAR inside, not the same though, that I NEVER SAID. I may have said they could be the same but, I never made a definitive statement and I can't. Sorry, I like motors, I like to see what makes them tick, just wish I had the pond time others have otherwise I'd lay down all the proof.

Smileday and Lifeng, if I were more able bodied or had more physical energy this summer, I would have been your "Canadian Tester" of your motors.

I did leave out some details of my emails from and to TP Power but, I must say, they are VERY accommodating and hopefully I can get more motor info next summer as this summer was tough on me physically. I will test out the FC 2200kv 4092 again next weekend at the applebutter festival. So far after over a year running I can't kill that motor, esc's I'm worried about more. Very hard to keep it on the water in my DF33 on 4s2p, 11600Mah total.
Lifeng, I will take you up on your offer in the future, as I said winter is coming soon. I really want to see what I can do with the 4060-1870kv, 3Y motor in a new P-mono hull. Maybe it can come close to a 1521 1.5D, we will see!

Thanks to Steve for just upgrading a great OPEN forum and thank you TP Power for a less expensive alternative!

Twisted, I'm not throwing you under the bus, maybe you misunderstood me I'm not sure. If I had all my old Emails and PM's I could tell the exact story. All I can say is lets see your boats moving!! Lets here about how they run more than what you wanna do or whatcha got in the mail, been there done that, it's an empty shell. :beerchug:

smileday
09-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Thank you Tony!

lenny
09-21-2013, 10:59 AM
From Twissted testing to, :flashfire:

Next experienced one to do testing J.W. Pepper. :bounce:
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?43149-Brand-new-proboat-impulse-motor-and-esc

Oh no god help us,:hide:

Pass me some of those crazy pills please. :lol:

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

twissted
09-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Ok here is a video of the SSS3674 2200kv motors in a 42'' Kevlar hull from Horracing.com the boat has been painted and also gutted and built to my way of thinking. The saddle for the new 150mm push lull rudder is awesome and I'm enjoying the boat very much. I can say this. The SSS3674 motors out perform the Leopard 4074 2200kv motors by a wide margin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3oolETu90
Hey I'm new to the boats as you all know. I dare any of you to find some one that has done more to a cat hull that sets it apart from the drones that cover these post. I install the wrong drive shaft and look what you have to say. I learn from my many builds and I'm not afraid to show them. Same would go with any testing. You guys would hide that fact so that that you can stay on the pedestal that you like so much. I have the SSS line of some of the motors and they are awesome. That had me comparing them to the TP line as they look the same as well as perform that same. Cost is the only thing that has me thinking that they aren't. Until that is tested and shows a difference, I will stay with that conclusion. Why spend $185 plus $16 for a motor that run s like a $105 motor un less it out performs it. I have pushed the SSS motor to the point that It took out my EX200 amp esc as well as the Castle XL150 esc. The motor has so much power that it destroys HPI tires in just min. of putting them on. I get great run times as well. smileday got a hold of me to tell me different. I knew posting this with you guy would have you up in arms, (I enjoy some of it) and wanted to share the differences with you. Hear is what I was looking for in the motors. First Speed from the motors. using a air prop I can test rpm and amp draw as well as temps and run times. Then real world runs in both a boat and 2 large scale truck and buggy. Here is what I look for in a performance motor. power and run times. How fast a motor gets hot is a good indication that the motor is efficient or not. If you guys have a problem with that then your really going to hate this. I also can give a rats a$$ about the name of it. In fact I look for some thing that is not the norm. Companies that are in the business of staying in business make things that will last so that people will buy it. Venders know this and that is why you see a lot of motors that look the same. How there able to market a product is what the consumer pays for as well as the product. TFL makes and sells more boats than all of your other rc boat combined. This gives them a huge advantage in buying power and also what is offered to them. They use cost and performance and well as production to keep up or on top of the market and venders wanting to use this company is going to put there best foot forward to get in bed with them. So have a name has very little to do with some large companies. Traxxas is a company that uses brand as a way to sell there product. So it can go both ways. Knowing the difference will help you know what to look for. I have been running Castle products know for over 6 years and they have my money and my high opinion of there products. A lot of that is service. Horracing has that service as well. I think his products are awesome as well and that is why I stand behind hor as well. I have been running Traxxas for well over 10 years and is a company that had me when the Revo first came out. My very first buggy was the Yokomo YZ-834B in 1983 105688105689
I modified it 2 weeks into owning it. I hope this clears up what I know about rc in general. If not well I guess you will have to look at some of that scale builds I have posted as well as some of the innovations that I have came up with over the years such as the firt rear wing that was ever install on a revo came from parts that came from XTM 1/8 scale my be you could look into one of my scale motors for my large scale builds using a electric motor inside a scale motor with a gear reduction in side it as well. Or you can just hate me. Lol!

lenny
09-24-2013, 05:47 PM
:olleyes:

Hear we go again. :lol:

:blink:
I am looking at a blur of words,
And not sure where they start or stop.
May be I just need to take some of those crazy pills and it will look much better to me. :noidea:

tlandauer
09-24-2013, 06:23 PM
@ twissted, nobody hates you, in fact your threads are read or you won't have received this many responses. If I may make a general observation and that will be that we are all proud of our ways of doing certain things and perhaps sometimes even think it is the best way, but we leave that for other people to be the judges.
Your claims are bold and both inclusive and conclusive, that is an invitation for disagreement and it's that simple.
Hope you take my input the right way, don't mean to offend you but I would like to at least explain my point of view on this matter.
Cheers!

twissted
09-24-2013, 06:43 PM
You go into bashing before the test begins. I posted thoughts as to what I would like to do in the test and you chime in as here we go again.
Your thoughts on the test, that I want to do?
Or your thoughts in the motors them selves?
Did I miss something?
Or here we go again, the quality that you want to see in this test? Or my be you just don't care one way or the other? If that's so why chime in at all is my question.

twissted
09-24-2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks for your reply. I do know what you mean.
I'm sometimes wrong. I post that with the things that go well. Sugar coating my builds is fun, but showing the problems is what people enjoy the most.
I know I do.

Rumdog
09-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Soooooo innovative!! baterries behind the motors in a twin cat! With NO room to adjust for CG. Your boat has major problems in that vid. Its struggling to hit even 40 mph.

Cooper
09-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Hey no problem with opinions, mine is different from yours and interpretations also. That is why I like to see numbers from reliable testing. If I were to see someone put up empirical numbers then I would have something to help my decision on purchase or application. But I just can't go with I think they outperform others. Not taking your opinion away but just giving mine. And I'm into boats so I could really care less about cars or zevos. And I'm sure you already know boat applications are harder on electronics.

keithbradley
09-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Hey I'm new to the boats as you all know. I dare any of you to find some one that has done more to a cat hull that sets it apart from the drones that cover these post. I install the wrong drive shaft and look what you have to say. I learn from my many builds and I'm not afraid to show them. Same would go with any testing. You guys would hide that fact so that that you can stay on the pedestal that you like so much.

Your post really inspired me twisted. It does take guts to post your failures. Any on us can sit here and hand pick only our best runs, and just show those to everyone to make ourselves look good. You on the other hand, are man enough to post your vids and pics, no matter the outcome. We could all learn a lot from you...

In the spirit of your honesty, I decided that I will also post a not-so-impressive video of mine, the maiden run and small crash with my HPR 135. This is a boat that I started building a little while after you started yours. While it doesn't have the monster 98mm long SSS motors that your boat has, I still intended on building it for speed. However, in this video it was the HPR's first time in the water, with small props and a drive angle that I was just guessing on, so of course it was not the best performance. I also turned it too hard and flipped it, just like you did to your boat in your first run video. Fortunately I put left and right flexes in it, so I didn't have any parts failures. After watching my vid and your vid, I'm sure you will see that we are not so different after all. :tiphat:

I am posting this and showing a video that I typically would never post, because I think that it's only fair that we all show our failures, as you said. All I ask in return is this: Now that you've shown your failures, post all of your impressive boat videos! I think you deserve it, since you have been so noble in showing all of your failures up to this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjV1Itpk_B0

lenny
09-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Nice run.:tiphat:

Doby
09-24-2013, 09:52 PM
I'll assume there's a bit of sarcasm on your part Keith....:laugh:

properchopper
09-24-2013, 10:14 PM
This is an open forum. Some post information backed up by actual on-the-water trials (and errors), others just post to bathe in the attention their ramblings generate and strive for validation. It's OK with me. Some are just better equipped than others to disseminate information of value. Let's not judge.Most of us have nonsense filters, mine has an ignore feature as well.

Try it, you'll like it !

Remember, "the more you wrestle with a ____ , the more covered in ____ you get" :wink:

Cooper
09-24-2013, 10:38 PM
:stupid::moon::laugh: