PDA

View Full Version : Boat is dEAD

Hanselhoff996
07-20-2008, 01:27 PM
hELLO

I have now replaced my lipo batteries after they got really wet and were ruined, alot of water in the boat, The boat drove in fine and i disconnected everything right away and let the boat drain. The electronics are now not activating at all, i had reprogrammed the esc but i may not have taken the programming 2 months ago.. could the electronics/engine be fried from the lipos or from the excessive water (though the tupperware container was sealed),

how do i go about diagnosing and repairing
or
am i up *!***!***!***!** creep and into buying better aftermarket engine and management

Thanks in advance

RCprince
07-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Water would not fry the motor, it may seal the bearing if left on treated, The motor should beep when you plug in the batteries. check all the connections for continuity also the receiver, switch around the servo channel with the throttle channel and see what happens.

Hanselhoff996
07-20-2008, 02:44 PM
the motor doesn't beep and i have tried switching the channels, so if it doesn't then what ? what does a new reciver cost and esc

ReddyWatts
07-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Does your rudder control still work?

If no and the receiver did not get wet, you may not be getting voltage to run the receiver from the ESC. I would hook up an external BEC voltage (5 volts) to the receiver and test rudder control before I bought another receiver.

or if you have a voltmeter check if you have 5 volts on the receiver when you plug your batteries to the ESC and turn it on.

ESC
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-prb3309

lonewolf
07-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Not sure how long you waited after the dunking to test everything. If you did not have some sort of waterproofing on the esc it could take several hours to completely dry out, even with compressed air or a hair dryer on low. Was the esc in the tupperware. Did water get in the tupperware? Like a cellphone that got dunked take out batt and open it up and let dry out for a day or 2 ect...
And also what everyone else said about testing. Try waiting a day or 2 before testing again, you might be amazed. If you have not water proofed your electronics now would be the time. Steven sells corrosion X at the ose store and is worth every penny. Dave

RCprince
07-20-2008, 09:25 PM
the esc is completely water proof, completely

Hanselhoff996
07-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Not sure how long you waited after the dunking to test everything. If you did not have some sort of waterproofing on the esc it could take several hours to completely dry out, even with compressed air or a hair dryer on low. Was the esc in the tupperware. Did water get in the tupperware? Like a cellphone that got dunked take out batt and open it up and let dry out for a day or 2 ect...
And also what everyone else said about testing. Try waiting a day or 2 before testing again, you might be amazed. If you have not water proofed your electronics now would be the time. Steven sells corrosion X at the ose store and is worth every penny. Dave

i waited atleast 2 weeks so far because i had to get new batteries but i didn't take the lid of the tupperware until yesterday, it's now drying too, there is waterproofing on the esc already, the esc was in the tupperware container and i found no traces of water in the bottom of the container

lonewolf
07-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Is it possible that the rx may need "binding to the tx again???? Pulling straws now??? I have had that happen with mixmatched rx's Some rx's need programming... My hitech synth needs to bound to a tx...

Hanselhoff996
07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
i replaced both cyrstals but still no go, i can return them, im now thinking that i did blow the esc with the lipos

can't i just buy a new boat and troubleshoot with it until i figure it out

frdvschvy
07-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Fried my ESC several weeks ago and contact Horizon Hobby / Proboat about the issue. Sent them th ESC for diagnosis and and they shipped out a new replacement at no cost. Should arrive via FedEx tomorrow. Might want to go this route before spending any money.

Hanselhoff996
07-22-2008, 09:28 PM
sorry u sent it to HH or proboat

frdvschvy
07-23-2008, 02:47 PM
sorry u sent it to HH or proboat

They are one in the same. You will notice the contact info on the Proboat website is for Horizon Hobby.