PDA

View Full Version : Battery life - I need more!

Jon K
07-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey all - took my boat to the park today for the first time - FUN! Its pretty quick this little thing and I had a ton of fun... but I only get about 6 - 7 mins of full throttle planing fun before I have to recharge. I am using the stock 1100 mAH NiMH battery - its a 6 cell. Is there any reason why I couldn't just go to all-battery or something and get a higher mAH battery? Or do the physical dimensions of the batteries change drastically even staying 6 cell / 7.2v? I'd like to pick up one or two batteries that might last me 12 minutes or more... if possible. Or, I mean, I could result in just getting a few of the stock 1100 mAH batteries... but that's excessive and semi useless if I upgrade the motor.

Anyway - its fun so far... just need more battery!

Capgun_Slim
07-21-2008, 12:39 AM
I don't really know, as I haven't run my boat yet. But, I see why you couldn't put around a 1800Mah 6 cell in there. Don't know if you run Lipo's or are heading that way, but it looks like it would take a 2000Mah 2s pack with no problems. I don't think you still get your 17 minutes, but it would definitely double it.