PDA

View Full Version : 2013/2014 Scottsdale Model Boaters Racing Season

D. Newland
09-09-2013, 05:04 PM
We have the upcoming season dates booked for club racing. LSH, P-Ltd Mono, P-ltd Cat, P Mono and scales have been our focus, though any 3 make a class and we can discuss at our first outing this season if we need to make any revisions.

McKellips Pond. Be sure to check the north side of the pond as we may be there until the weeds clear on the south side.

Sunday, Sept 29th
Sunday, Oct 20th
Sunday, Nov 17th
Sunday, December 22nd
Sunday, January 26th

Winter Warmups X will be Friday-Sunday February 21st to 23rd, 2014. More info on this later on another thread. That's right, our 10th annual!

G.Rose
09-09-2013, 05:37 PM
I am looking forward to this year. We have added a new member to our R&R team, Bruce Lewis. He has 5 boats all new. An Insane LSH,
P-cat. P-Mono, Buaas C/F Modern and a West Coast C/F Miss Burien. Welcome Bruce to the Club and our Team. I guess Dick, Bruce and I will have to be re-named. " The Three Old Guys". Gee I hope we will be able to remember that???!!!
Gary

properchopper
09-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I am looking forward to this year. We have added a new member to our R&R team, Bruce Lewis. He has 5 boats all new. An Insane LSH,
P-cat. P-Mono, Buaas C/F Modern and a West Coast C/F Miss Burien. Welcome Bruce to the Club and our Team. I guess Dick, Bruce and I will have to be re-named. " The Three Old Guys". Gee I hope we will be able to remember that???!!!
Gary

Yous'e guys are (literally) missing the boat by not getting Jersey Skiffs. One more and we can race them at WW X :wink:

G.Rose
09-11-2013, 02:39 PM
You said Dick's gas Jersey conversion was to big!!!! I'll talk to him? The one offered to build is to hard to put batts. and components into.

properchopper
09-11-2013, 02:54 PM
You said Dick's gas Jersey conversion was to big!!!! I'll talk to him? The one offered to build is to hard to put batts. and components into.

C'mon - it's NOT that hard !!

G.Rose
09-11-2013, 02:57 PM
OK, give me the info again and I will talk to Dick and Bruce. It truly is an Old Guys Boat LOL

properchopper
09-11-2013, 03:25 PM
OK, give me the info again and I will talk to Dick and Bruce. It truly is an Old Guys Boat LOL

Gary,

Here's my build thread http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?30898-The-All-New-Aeromarine-32-quot-JERSEY-SKIFF-!&highlight=jersey+skiff

You can use any motor mount and with a simple 90 second mod to the motor it'll be easy to R & R.

These are SO MUCH FUN !!!!

I'm pm'ing you with details - use rcboatbuild@hotmail.com to respond

ron1950
09-11-2013, 06:42 PM
gary there is tons of room in a aeromarine FE skiff105077105078105079

leonard feeback
09-13-2013, 12:14 AM
Gary, Speaking OLD you fit the bill. Plus Tony will kick your a--, if he can miss the bouys.

properchopper
09-13-2013, 01:13 AM
Gary, Speaking OLD you fit the bill. Plus Tony will kick your a--, if he can miss the bouys.

You're supposed to MISS them ? Now you tell me :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GecgY2Mu-Ac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP0kDxAFCJM

DPeterson
09-18-2013, 01:03 AM
Dave
Number 10. I would think this would mean an extra day for a some special celebrating. :)

Tony
I should have my head examined. Thinking of maybe having you build me one of those Jersey Skiffs and bringing it to the race. Is this an option? How much notice do you need?

properchopper
09-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Dave
Number 10. I would think this would mean an extra day for a some special celebrating. :)

Tony
I should have my head examined. Thinking of maybe having you build me one of those Jersey Skiffs and bringing it to the race. Is this an option? How much notice do you need?

I'll call you tomorrow. Can't have too much fun, can we ?:wink:

Spoiler Alert :Keep your eye open for the next issue of RC Boat Mag :spy:

Bullwink
09-20-2013, 01:48 PM
I am baaaack! I missed last years season due to a home remodel that cost me my boat room. (Darn wife didn't want me dropping solder and epoxy on the new hardwood floors) Anyway, I have rebuilt my boats and plan on being there on the 29th.

D. Newland
09-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Doug, a Jersey Skiff? Can I pay Tony not to build you one? J/K. I wish we could do an extra day, but the city only allows us out there Fri/Sat/Sun. I'll put my thinking cap on and see what other fun stuff we can pack into that weekend.

Kerry-Wondered where you've been. Glad you're making it. I also see you signed up for the District race in Tempe, too!

D. Newland
09-30-2013, 01:11 PM
September 29th event

We had a nice turnout for our first race of the season. Welcome Bruce Lewis, who is partnering up with Dick Roberts and Gary Rose. And welcome Back Kerry, who missed all of last season. Pete Wijatyk is also back, missing most of last season (except WW 9). He hasn't missed a beat, either.

P-Ltd Cat has been added to our club roster, and just like that we had a full flight of them. Great racing, but it's too bad Ted had to leave before the 3rd round as he had 2 perfect heats with his Motley Crew.

David N: 925 pts
Pete W: 825 pts
Ted M: 800 pts
Gary R: 363 pts
Kerry W: 225 pts
Allen G: 125 pts

P-Ltd Mono. it was the Pete Wijatyk show!

Pete W: 1200 pts
Allen G: 525 pts
Jim O: 325 pts
Kerry W: 325 pts

LSH

Another 6 boats. Jim has his Insane flying (check out the '13 Nat's videos. His is the fast one), but DNF's got him today. Bruce better stop listening to Dick and Gary.

David N: 1200 pts
Gary R: 525 pts
Jim O: 350 pts
Ted M: 300 pts
Bruce: 75 pts
Kerry: 50 pts

P Mono

Pete W: 900 pts
Kerry W: 419 pts
Gary R: 275 pts

Next race is October 20th. We'll be sticking to these 4 classes, but will run any other class gets 3 entrants.

PeterB
09-30-2013, 07:51 PM
The kick off race of the season was a blast. My thanks to David for putting it together and all who attended to make an outstanding day of flat out fun! I am planning on attending all the club races this year and of course WW10. My LSH which took a bad beating over 2.5 years ago at WW is on the bench being repaired and will be ready for the next club race! I plan to run OPC and should be able to get Dave Z. to commit, so one more and we can run OPC - c'mon guys bring out those boats!

PatrickM
09-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Got a PX300 sitting on the shelf. Just have to motivate myself to sanding and recoating the thing...... I hate sanding.... with a passion!

PeterB
09-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Start sanding Pat, you have a month!

gleny
10-01-2013, 10:18 PM
I'll get my Stiletto back together and give it a try. If I can stay out of everybody's way and finish 6 laps I'll be happy. .:thumbup1:

gleny
10-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Last year when I had my Stiletto out there seeing how many buoys I could hit. Somebody I think maybe it was Dick told me he had an OPC too.

D. Newland
10-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Well, we had a record in attendance for our Oct 20th date, and Pat, Glen and Leonard didn't even run! Beautiful day and we actually had to split heats for P-Ltd Cat and P-Ltd Mono. That's a first for us.

1/10th Scale.

Kind of mostly Vintage, with Ted throwing in his Modern for a few heats. Dick finally got his Vintage thumping by the third round. Very impressive boat.

Gary Rose: 725 pts and gets the tie because I razzed him too much yesterday.

Ted McKay: 725 pts

Dick Roberts: 425 pts

P-Ltd Mono

8 boats showed up today. Nobody had anything for Osborne, but Kim had a very consistent day and got a solid 3 finishes. After 9 years of hearing Lenny Blake CD our races and comment how loose FE racers set up their boats. You should have seen his Titan 29! Touche' to him, or something like that.

Jim Osborne: 1200 pts
Kim McKay: 825 pts
Pete W: 725 pts
Lenny B: 725 pts
Dave Z: 625 pts
Kerry W: 525 pts
Alan G: 300 pts
Bruce L: 25 pts

LSH

Just 4 today. Kerry's Insane 30 has incredible potential. Just needs some steady laps, right Kerry?

Kerry W: 325 pts
Gary R: 300 pts
Bruce L: 0

P-Ltd Cat

We had 10 cats today. Fantastic! Man, Osborne's been working hard on his Geico and it shows. Pete's is blistering fast, but still quite loose. And, Lenny was the hired driver of Gary's Mystic Cat. That boat ran very well, though the inside of it looks like a tar bomb blew up in it. I don't even know what that is, but you can get the visual. I bailed on the first heat due to a drill-hole in my hatch I forgot to tape up, but Osborne knows what I have for him.

Lenny B: 925 pts
Jim O: 825 pts
David N: 700 pts
Kerry W: 550 pts
Pete W: 450 pts
Kim M: 325 Pts
Alan G: 225 pts
Bruce L: 50 pts
Dick R: 25 pts

Next race, November 17th!

Bullwink
10-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah I don't think my Insane 30 could be set up any better with that Sholund custom prop. I just need to learn not to choke the next time I am ahead of you! (If there is a next time that actually happens)

D. Newland
11-18-2013, 03:27 PM
11/17/13

Another beautiful day in Az for boating. Sunny and 78 degrees by mid-day, with a slight breeze. Perfect.

P-Ltd Mono

Pete W: 1100
Dave Z: 925
Ted M: 925
Lenny B: 869
Jim O: 525
Kerry W: 25
Bruce L: 25

Pete continues to have a strong P-Ltd Mono, and I was reminded when tech'ing his equipment that he's still using an Aquacraft controller. Been so for years now. He does have a capacitor the size of an old 35 mm film cartridge, but his Cyberstorm is strong!

LSH

David N: 825
Kerry W: 700
Pete W: 300

Pete's Phil Thomas hull has been re-built! It had serious damage from the '12 WW race, but it's running again! Kerry would have actually won today, but he had to leave before the 3rd round. His Insane sport hydro is the best running boat in his fleet.

1/10th Scale Modern

Dick R: 800
Ted M: 350
Gary R: 300
Bruce L: 25

We actually had enough 1/10th scales to run both Modern and Vintage classes.

P-Ltd Cat

Jim O: 800
David N: 800
Alan G: 650
Adrien G: 625
Gary R: 625
Pete W: 75
Ted M: 50

Another strong showing of Cats, and welcome Adrien Gambino from France! He's here on a temporary work assignment and will be racing with us this season. Ted brought an extra Cat to run, and he proved that he can get it around the course with the best of them...his boat just needed more prop. I think that was Ted's way of putting training wheels on the boat for him until he could prove himself! He'll work on building a Cat and also getting some of his equipment here from France. Jim had a perfect round going, but left before the third round. He's still dialing in his Geico Cat, but it's a very strong boat. And, last but not least, Alan is finally in the mix! The last 2 club races he had been plagued with ESC troubles and his boats would only go 1/2 throttle (if that) around the course. His Cat is running well now, and he's driving very well.

P Mono

David N: 1200
Lenny B: 625
Pete W: 225
Kerry W: 194

Thanks for Gary loaning his Titan 40 to Lenny today. Pete really wanted P Mono to "make" today and he's having mixed feelings about it now. When he put his boat in the water to start the 2nd round, he popped his Castle 240, complete with the lid blowing off the deck. Messy goo. Not sure what happened as I don't even think he hit the throttle. He's making lemonade, though, as it's better for this to happen now than @ the WW race in Feb.

1/10th Scale Vintage

Dick R: 425
Ted M: 400
Bruce L: 50
Gary R: 25

Next race is December 22nd! Some of you have already notified me that you're out of town. For the others, LMK if you have a scheduling conflict.

PeterB
11-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Another fun filled exciting day of racing!

After Dave Z and I brought the Pmono in after heat 1 we noticed a slight amout of smoke when we opened the hatch. It was slight, had no smell and appeared to be steam. We checked the motor, esc, batts and drive shaft tube for heat and everything was perfectly normal. Dick told us it was probably heat from the drive shaft, but as I run a teflon tube that didn't seem to make sense, as the tube felt cool. Finding no problems, heat 2 we put it in the water and as soon as I hit the throttle the lid blew! What a mess, the esc was the culprit and after cleaning up the boat I found no damage to anything else (other then the severed motor and batt wires!). It could have been soo much worse, and I consider myself very lucky to only have to replace esc. As David pointed out, I'm glad we ran pmono and it didn't happen during WW. I've ordered a Hobby King 180 esc per Ted's recommendation and will have the boat ready for the next club race! David, don't dissapoint me, lets make the pmono's happen again - I love that mayhem class!

My Phil Thomas has a simple problem and that was a small drive dog with the tiny .050 allen which stripped and the drive dog moved fwd causing the prop to free spin in heats 1&2. Pulled the drive dog off yesterday using a reverse drill bit to extract the Allen screw and new drive dog installed. The LSH is ready for next race.

I must get my Blackjack porpoising under control as it blew over in heats 2&3. Both Gary and Jim have pointed out I have some positive angle on the strut. Might have to remove and reposition the drive tube as I cant change the drive angle due to drive tube position.

Ok boys, great times! See you everyone on the 22nd. Unlike the previous season, back in the game and practicing. So looking forward to racing with everyone at WW!!

D. Newland
12-23-2013, 01:43 PM
12/22/13

We had quite a full pond today, due to a storm that rolled through on Friday. Nice sunny day, but only got up to 62 degrees or so. I thought we would be light on attendance today, with Christmas being so close, but we had 8 guys show up to race, and fielded 5.5 classes.

P-Ltd Cat

We're still having some good racing in Cat and they continue to get better tuned each outing. Too bad Jim keeps having to leave early. This time he had to get home to patch up his sponson. Pete moved to a Mean Machine hull, but it took him 2 rounds to figure out his 6 inch rudder was a tad long.

Pete W: 825 pts
Jim O: 450 pts
Kerry W: 350 pts
Ted M: 50 pts

P-Ltd Mono

I haven't run mine all season, it was off on speed, but I guess I had enough to do the job. Pete did set me up nicely in Round 1, only to flip it in the last turn. However, he redeemed himself in Round 2 and took a 1st place.

David N: 1100 pts
Pete W: 725 pts
Jim O: 525 pts
Kerry W: 50 pts

P-Sport Hydro

We decided to run this as 1 of our new additions, Chip, actually had his Phil Thomas set up for P Sport, and Ted had a newly built P Sport out for testing. So, we threw them together for a few heats. Chip wins the consistency award! Ted's still finding his tune.

Chip: 800 pts
Ted M: 50 pts

LSH

Welcome another new-to-FE member, Beezer! He and his dad (and Chip) have been busy building a nice fleet of Phil Thomas Sport boats.

Pete W: 925 pts
Beezer: 419 pts
Kerry W: 50 pts
Ted M: 25 pts

OPC

We finally got a heat together of OPC this season, thanks to Pete W's prodding! Pat has a newly build PS 300 and initial morning testing was awesome, but his pack got a little poofy. So, Pat "I don't run puffy packs" McDonald called it a day. That left me and Pete to some quite fun deck to deck racing for all 3 heats.

Pete W: 1000 pts

P Mono

We called it after 2 rounds.

David N: 800 pts
Pete W: 469 pts
Ted M: 325 pts
Kerry W: 250 pts

Next race, Sunday January 26th! Please attend so we can get our final plans set for WW X, which is Feb 21st-23rd.

rayzerdesigns
12-23-2013, 05:33 PM
looking forward to meeting group and learning more..i have 2 boats for p limited mono..ag bj 29 and motley crew..looking forward to trying them out..as a long time sponsored on and off road driver..the boating thing is totally new..

PeterB
12-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Another awesome day of racing! I must do additional tuning on my LSH, cat and pmono. I also have a little fine tuning on PLTD mono and try and squeeze a tad bit more speed out of it - look out David, you've put the pressure on and I have to squeeze every ounce of of that boat. What an amazing running OPC David had, he just built it and put on the water for the first time, a little dialing after heats and by heat 3 I had no speed advantage on him, could I have more speed to pull out of mine and still keep it in the water? Watch out ML Boatworks OPC guys, Newland has one heck of a running boat! One more race for tuning and WW10 here we come!! With great regret I will not be able to attend Friday as I start a new job, will see everyone Sat and Sun! Can't wait!!

rayzerdesigns
12-30-2013, 10:13 PM
well got a good start today...lots of sanding..electronics and paint to come soon..hope to be ready for the 26th

rayzerdesigns
01-04-2014, 05:58 PM
now to clear coat

rayzerdesigns
01-22-2014, 12:44 AM
what time does this start on sunday??

D. Newland
01-22-2014, 10:58 AM
We tend to roll in around 8, set up and B.S. for 90 minutes or so. 9:30 to 10:00 we'll get boats on the clock.

rayzerdesigns
01-22-2014, 09:32 PM
cool..do I need to bring hair..table..extension cord??

namba688
01-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Yes, but if you don't have power you can plug into one of our generators.

rayzerdesigns
01-23-2014, 11:23 AM
I do not have generator..thx..also..for some reason I cant print my namba card..am I doing something wrong..or is there something wrong with the link?? I click on it..it doesn't do anything

D. Newland
01-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Ray, I'll verify that Al Waters has an ID card in the mail for you. No worries.

D. Newland
01-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Please be advised that NAMBA membership is required for our club events, as well as our WW race.

NAMBA Membership (http://namba.concentricsinc.com/login.aspx)

It's also required for practice at either McKellips or Indian School ponds.

rayzerdesigns
01-26-2014, 08:24 PM
just wanted to say thanks to david and all the others I met today..had a great time..did way better than I ever expected..looking fwd to more racing

D. Newland
01-27-2014, 03:12 PM
What a beautiful day! Highs in the upper 70's with a very slight breeze. Fantastic weather. We had 13 club racers at this event, which is one of our bigger turn outs! And, we were still down a few regulars this day, too.

Welcome Ray Presnall and Chuck Murray to the club! Ray's been posting here and has a great running P-Ltd Cat. Chuck is getting back into model boating and picked up a turn-key T Cat that ran some good laps during open water.

P-Ltd Mono:

Pete and Jim are trying to show each other who's ready for WW X. In this class and others! Congratulations to Bruce Lewis, who was able to get 3 finishes in this class, which is an accomplishment that is easily and often overlooked.

Jim O: 1025 pts
Bruce L: 563 pts
Kerry W: 525 pts
Alan G: 125 pts

LSH:

First heat of the day, Jim was on Pete's hip the until the final turn. Jim got the inside lane, but Pete, for reasons unknown to himself, did his impersonation of the High Plains Drifter and cut off/flipped Jim! DQ... Ted's Whip is running well again after a rehab, but he had to leave early today. And, the heats that Bruce entered (2), he finished them!

Jim O: 769 pts
Bruce L: 569 pts
Pete W: 450 pts
Kerry W: 250 pts
Gary R: 25 pts

P-Ltd Cat

Once again, the most popular class we have! Gary Rose had most of his boats running well today, and he even missed the 1st heat of Cat and was able to get 800 pts. Adrien Gambino represented France well today and had a newly built cat for today. But, the honors go to new member, Ray Presnall! He was able to lock down 825 pts for the day and win the class with his nicely revamp'd Miss Geico.

Ray P: 825 pts
Gary R: 800 pts
Jim O: 650 pts
Adrien G: 625 pts
Pete W: 350 pts
Alan G: 300 pts
Bruce L: 275 pts
Kerry W: 25 pts

1/10th Vintage

Glen Yoder and Alan Grossman are new entrants to 1/10th scale. But, nobody had anything for Gary!

Gary R: 725 pts
Dick R: 700 pts
Ted M: 400 pts
Glen Y: 75 pts
Alan: 25 pts

OPC

Pete and I have been having some great OPC racing the past 2 months. Low boat totals, but we don't care! We're ready for WW X.

Gary R: 450 pts

P Mono

Viva la France! Adrien Gambino takes the P Mono win today with a boat that he brought all the way from his homeland over the holidays to race with us. Pete wanted to show us all day how well his boat does without a left turn fin.

Adrien G: 925 pts
Kerry W: 625 pts
Gary R: 450 pts
Dick R: 450 pts
Pete W: 75 pts

Special thanks to Alan Grossman for cooking everyone lunch!

The next race is our Winter Warmups 10! February 21st-23rd. If you haven't signed up, please go to RCRACINGEVENTS (http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl).

rayzerdesigns
02-04-2014, 03:00 PM
hey is anyone from az going to go to any of the saw events in march??

rayzerdesigns
02-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Is there any club events scheduled after wwx??

gleny
03-09-2014, 01:02 AM
They added 10th Scale Modern & Vintage to the regular FE classes at the Tucson District 19 Race in April. I just signed up my Vintage for a total of 1, anybody else out there want to play? :thumbup1:

rayzerdesigns
03-14-2014, 08:34 AM
Seen is tucson race?? See you guys on 23rd in scottsdale..hopefully we get a great turnout

rayzerdesigns
03-14-2014, 08:34 AM
When is tucson race??

namba688
03-14-2014, 09:54 AM
April 12-13. Ray they will be running cat.

namba688
03-14-2014, 09:55 AM
April 12-13. Ray they will be running cat.
You can enter on RC Racing Events.

D. Newland
03-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Oh, forgot to post here. We have 1 more club race before we close up the season. March 23rd.

rayzerdesigns
03-14-2014, 02:51 PM
Awesome..i have a new cat..i think it's a little heavy..but it corners way better than my geico..been working too much to get in any testing..but I will be there in tucson..hopefully have a couple of boats to run..modern should be done..not sure about p Lim sport hydro..and for sure cat..

rayzerdesigns
03-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Let's get a roll call for sunday 23rd.

gleny
03-18-2014, 02:56 AM
1 10th scale vintage

rayzerdesigns
03-18-2014, 04:44 PM
where at in Tucson is race?? I will be there

namba688
03-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Ray,
Go to the District 19 web page and you can find all the pond locations
and maps. Tucson's is Archer Lake off Silverbell Rd in the Christopher Columbus
Park.

Ted

D. Newland
03-25-2014, 12:53 PM
March 23rd, 2014 was the last race of the season for us. What a difference a month makes regarding pond weeds. WW X was perfect, this past Sunday the pond was almost unusable. We had to set up a very short course on the north side of the pond. We had another very sunny day, with temps in the mid 80's by the end of the day. 11 of us showed up.

LSH

A bit thin in the attendance, but it was nice to have Kevin Sweat out with us now and Jim showed him around the course, but neglected to show him where the weed patch was located. His boat got stuck in the first heat. Neither did the CD. Jim's Insane 30 is running solid.

Jim O: 800 pts
Kevin: 300 pts

P-Ltd Cat

Strong attendance! 8 of the 11 racers had cats to race. Gary got himself off to a very good start, winning his first 2 heats. Ray also has a strong running GEICO, and Bruce pulled some good points early on, too.

David N: 1000 pts
Ray P: 969 pts
Gary R: 825 pts

1/10th Scale Vintage

6 boats today and still growing. Gary wins with some consistent finishes.

Gary R: 1000 pts
Ted M: 825 pts
Bruce L: 350 pts

P Mono

Let's here it for Penske! Adrien gets the class win for the day with some nice finishes

Adrien Gambino: 1100 pts
Team Osborne/Presnall doesn't need a left turnfin: 450 pts
Dick R: 300 pts

1/10th Scale Modern

Congratulations to Bruce Lewis for locking down the class win with a very consistent finish record with his Modern.

Bruce Lewis: 925 pts
Ted M: 800 pts
Dick R: 525 pts

That concludes the '13/'14 Scottsdale Model Boaters FE club race season. Stay tuned for the '14/'15 schedule, which should be out early September. Until then, stay frosty.

rayzerdesigns
03-26-2014, 02:00 AM
Who all is going to tucson..and what days..i can't find the race schedule for there..what classes..what days..anyone know

namba688
03-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Who all is going to tucson..and what days..i can't find the race schedule for there..what classes..what days..anyone know

Go on RC Racing Events to enter and you can also see what classes run each day.

Ted

rayzerdesigns
04-08-2014, 01:34 PM
hey who all is going to tucson friday morning for open water??

namba688
04-09-2014, 07:45 AM
I will be there around 8-9

rayzerdesigns
07-19-2014, 04:17 AM
ok..as much as I love summer...is it racing season yet

tjcast
07-20-2014, 08:54 PM
ok..as much as I love summer...is it racing season yet

Sure is!! Funny that you guys don't race in summer cause it's too :flammes-09: and we don't race in winter cause our water is solid!!

We have a race next Sunday if you are interested :lol:

D. Newland
07-21-2014, 11:53 AM
I set up the '14/'15 race schedule towards the end of August.

Ray does travel quite a bit and has no issue only bringing 1 boat. He was in the Pac NW this weekend to race his new 1/10th Scale Modern, but they DQ'd him because his boat builder put in a bent driveline.

Fire him, I say.

Darin Jordan
07-21-2014, 12:09 PM
... but they DQ'd him because his boat builder put in a bent driveline.

Uuuggh! Don't even get me started!

I am certain that, if they could get one big enough to hold up, the real Unlimited boats would run a flexcable! :cool2:

rayzerdesigns
07-21-2014, 08:19 PM
I set up the '14/'15 race schedule towards the end of August.

Ray does travel quite a bit and has no issue only bringing 1 boat. He was in the Pac NW this weekend to race his new 1/10th Scale Modern, but they DQ'd him because his boat builder put in a bent driveline.

Fire him, I say.

lololol..good thing you do good work..even if not legal...hahahaha..you are my kryptonite when it comes to pitting for me ..but on the other hand..you wanna help with my p mono??

rayzerdesigns
07-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Sure is!! Funny that you guys don't race in summer cause it's too :flammes-09: and we don't race in winter cause our water is solid!!

We have a race next Sunday if you are interested :lol:

lol..I love the summers..im sure as david can attest..real boating season

rayzerdesigns
07-21-2014, 08:24 PM
Uuuggh! Don't even get me started!

I am certain that, if they could get one big enough to hold up, the real Unlimited boats would run a flexcable! :cool2:

lol darin..its all good..im still new to this.still learning things...but I fly for free..summer is also a good time for big rc car races..gotta keep sponsors happy!!! though I am enjoying the boating much more..im thinking vegas may be the last big race I do for a while..ive got the damn boating disease

leonard feeback
07-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Ray, get the 1/10 th scale modern or/and vintage hulls ready and come to the scale race in Sept at Legg Lake. You would think the electric chairman WON'T SAY WHO would LOOK at the rules before putting the wrong drive line in a boat.

rayzerdesigns
07-23-2014, 08:34 PM
when is the race leanord? im sure ted will probably be going also...is it just a scale race?? or any other classes? cat..mono??

leonard feeback
07-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Ray, The race is Sept.21 st. The classes with electric power is. 1/10 th scale modern and vintage and 1/8th scale. The other class is p-limited cat, no mono's.
Leonard

D. Newland
07-24-2014, 07:35 PM
lol..I love the summers..im sure as david can attest..real boating season

Got out today! Damn the 114 degree day. You shredding yet?

rayzerdesigns
07-24-2014, 11:41 PM
No shredding on surf..don't have correct boat..but tubing..kneeboarding..and actually testing in early am

rayzerdesigns
07-24-2014, 11:41 PM
Count me in for modern and p lim cat..will see if anyone else from az wants to go

rayzerdesigns
08-11-2014, 11:53 AM
hey if anyone wants to go to legg..im gonna go for the scale race sep 21st..maybe go up for district race on the 8th and 9th I believe..let me know

namba688
08-23-2014, 09:58 AM
I am planning on going to the scale race right now.

rayzerdesigns
09-02-2014, 04:52 PM
guess im out..unless new boat shows up..been a rough two weeks..2 boats down..one modern in about 4 pieces..and one p mono at bottom of saguaro lake

rayzerdesigns
09-11-2014, 01:05 PM
wjho all is doing the kiwanis race, and what classes??

Bullwink
09-11-2014, 06:13 PM
I have entered PLtd Catamaran, PMono, PLtd Sport Hydro and Open Offshore. All of these are electric except Open Offshore which is both Gas & Electric.