PDA

View Full Version : Advice on shockwave 26 BL V3

Tyler83
09-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Can anyone tell me what would be the best prop to run this boat on 3s? I'm getting a little bored with the speed it has, which I'm not sure what it is but I'd guess 30 mph ish. It has a pro boat stainless on it now, it's what my LHS advised me on but I didn't see any difference from the plastic prop.

bigcam406
09-08-2013, 11:22 PM
look for something that has similar specs as the stock one.it helps if its balanced and sharpened.you don't want to go too big or you'll damage the esc and battery.ive read a x440 would work well.start small,and work your way up,and always check temps.

Tyler83
09-09-2013, 03:22 PM
I looked up the stock prop on the boat is a 1.6x2.5
would this be a good prop to buy?
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=cnc-4214250

If i'm reading that right it has a little less pitch and a little less diameter, would this slow me down or should i go to the next size up?
Thanks

bigcam406
09-10-2013, 06:21 AM
i dont know if it will be slower,but it will be easier on the running gear because its balanced.im not a prop expert,but from what ive read on here,its recommended to try and stick to specs as close as to the factory prop.maybe some guys who have experience with props and this boat can chime in.

tlandauer
09-10-2013, 03:22 PM
I looked up the stock prop on the boat is a 1.6x2.5
would this be a good prop to buy?
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=cnc-4214250

If i'm reading that right it has a little less pitch and a little less diameter, would this slow me down or should i go to the next size up?
Thanks

Prop should be ok, I ordered one of these just to check it out, it came with some tool marks, you may have to use fine sand paper to smooth it out. It is light and I did not verify if it was balanced . Quite delicate so be careful when handling it.
The SW26 BL V3 has a 1500kv motor and the recommended cell count on the ESC is 3s, that means the motor is turning unloaded rpm at 16650rpm---reason that you find it being a tad slow. It is meant to be an entry level BL boat, not stressing out the buyer. As you get more into FE, you may want to get another boat or swap out the ESC for a 4s capable ESC. That motor is certainly able to run on 4s. But you need a different ESC!
What I am trying to point out is that with the stock set up, you are pretty much seeing the speed potential on 3s. Don't be disappointed when the after market prop doesn't give what you expect.
Cheers and happy boating!
:beerchug:

Tyler83
09-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Prop should be ok, I ordered one of these just to check it out, it came with some tool marks, you may have to use fine sand paper to smooth it out. It is light and I did not verify if it was balanced . Quite delicate so be careful when handling it.
The SW26 BL V3 has a 1500kv motor and the recommended cell count on the ESC is 3s, that means the motor is turning unloaded rpm at 16650rpm---reason that you find it being a tad slow. It is meant to be an entry level BL boat, not stressing out the buyer. As you get more into FE, you may want to get another boat or swap out the ESC for a 4s capable ESC. That motor is certainly able to run on 4s. But you need a different ESC!
What I am trying to point out is that with the stock set up, you are pretty much seeing the speed potential on 3s. Don't be disappointed when the after market prop doesn't give what you expect.
Cheers and happy boating!
:beerchug:

Thanks for the Reply!
My Impulse I order last week should be here this afternoon, so Hopefully that should cure my speed fix although I love fast things and I feel like my Shock wave would be real fun on 4s. I think I may keep my eye out for a Miss Geico 60 amp ESC to make this happen.
Kinda off topic a little bit here, but any idea on what a good prop for the impulse maybe? I plan to run it on 5S till i get it set up how i like then run it on 6s.

tlandauer
09-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the Reply!
My Impulse I order last week should be here this afternoon, so Hopefully that should cure my speed fix although I love fast things and I feel like my Shock wave would be real fun on 4s. I think I may keep my eye out for a Miss Geico 60 amp ESC to make this happen.
Kinda off topic a little bit here, but any idea on what a good prop for the impulse maybe? I plan to run it on 5S till i get it set up how i like then run it on 6s.
Tons of info on Impulse and Darin Jordan has written a thread on running 6s, if I remember correctly. Your idea of running 5s first is good, I personally would not jump to 6s, I don't have that boat, best if other people give you advice.
As for props, a hull that size on 4s you can try M445---my favorite prop for my Pursuit. I run M545 sometimes too.

bigcam406
09-10-2013, 07:16 PM
im wondering if theres enough room for 4s in the shockwave.

tlandauer
09-10-2013, 07:27 PM
im wondering if theres enough room for 4s in the shockwave.
Good point! Didn't think about that!

Tyler83
09-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Good point! Didn't think about that!

I just tried putting 2 3s 5000mah's in there and they fit so I think this could work!
Not going to lie I'm a little more excited about trying this than I am the impulse I'm putting together right now.

tlandauer
09-10-2013, 07:59 PM
I just tried putting 2 3s 5000mah's in there and they fit so I think this could work!
Not going to lie I'm a little more excited about trying this than I am the impulse I'm putting together right now.
You are not going to run 6s in the SW 26 BL V3, are you?!:scared:

Tyler83
09-10-2013, 08:18 PM
You are not going to run 6s in the SW 26 BL V3, are you?!:scared:
Haha if I could make it last that would be interesting. But no I plan on running 4s and I just had 2 3s battery's handy to check fitment.