PDA

View Full Version : Mystic rebuild..

kwiktsi
09-02-2013, 09:31 AM
I know this isn't a Q&A but didn't know if I should post it here or boat builds- I just purchased a well used and abused Mystic off a member here to add to my fleet. The hull has been damaged and sort of repaired, one battery tray was replaced with a flat piece of ply and all the interior wood was pretty nasty and moldy so I decided to just gut it and start over :). I laser cut battery trays based on ones I already designed for my daytona and all new wood for the motor mount/radio tray assembly- my eyeballs were popping out by the time I measured and drew up all of it to cut lol. Anyway, here are some pics of the boat gutted and the laser cut parts I made to put it back together with!

**I am aware the "radio tray" is backwards in the comparison pic, it was just mocked up to test fit it all and was put together correctly when glued :).

kwiktsi
09-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Some more pics..

lenny
09-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Looking good,
I like that laser cutter.

kwiktsi
09-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Looking good.

Thanks!

Looking good,
I like that laser cutter.

Me too :). The software that came with it is kind of buggy/glitchy but it works OK once you learn to work around the issues. Would be much better if I could use a different driver for it.