PDA

View Full Version : what's everyone's struts measurements?

jetskier
08-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Hi, still new to my stock Motley Crue w/sharpen and balances Grimracer 42x55 prop, I finally got it to run almost as fast as my Revolt, no GPS just by observing on water runs. Just wondering what is everyone's strut's set at? at the moment, I have mine set 0deg and 1/8" off the table when sitting on the sponsons and my rudder at the most forward position and sharpen. I'm asking is that I've seen stock Motley Crues on youtube screaming to the point of almost blowing off and I can't seem to get mine to do that. batteries are a pair of Zippys 4500mAh 2S 30C and places at the most rear as possible.
Thanks,

Fluid
08-28-2013, 02:21 PM
My MC has the tub cut out, but it runs the stock motor and ESC. The bottom of my strut is about 3/16" above the sponson bottoms and flat. The packs are well back too. I'm running an m445 and seeing high 40s with good quality packs. Since all the power in an FE boat is in the packs, cheap packs may be a source of lower speeds. Your prop is a bit low in pitch but with those packs it may be the best choice.

Blueprint the sponson bottoms with 320/400 grit wet-or-dry. Try raising the strut and angling the prop end up a degree or two. These changes may coax a little more speed out of your current setup.

jetskier
08-30-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm a happy camper!! finally got my MC dialed in. Do not have GPS reading just comparing it to my Revolt and SV27 w/4S, it's faster and more stable, turns like it's on rails and flat. On straight away, looks like the water is contacting 45% of the hull from the rear. Strut is 3/16" off the table, 1-2 deg positive angle, cooling tube about 1/8" below sponsons , sharpen rudder forward position, s/b 42X55 prop. does not ride wet anymore, think the strut angle made the most difference. Still don't have the heart to sand and square the bottom yet.