PDA

View Full Version : New Skin on the ML Boatworks LSH

Shooter
08-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Got this from a nitro guy. Gutted it, patched up all the mount holes, and started over. Not a huge fan, but I did leave the original JB welded stuffing tube.

Kind of a paint experiment going here as well. I wanted to see if the airbrush paint that I use for my other models (faskolor) would work with a topcoat of KlassKote clear.

So far, so good, but haven't taped it yet.

BTW - This boat seemed to handle very well. I was impressed with the first outing. So much so that I'm going to build the larger version for P Sport next year (unless anyone has a completed hull built by ML that they'd like to sell??).

ray schrauwen
08-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Very nice. I use those motor mounts but I drill air flow holes in them first.

cybercrxt
08-27-2013, 06:26 AM
That looks sweet! Do you have the cowling? Mike, ML Boatworks

driftah
08-27-2013, 10:08 AM
liking that paintwork bud...

Shooter
08-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Thanks guys.

Ray - That's a good idea to drill out the mount for airflow. I'll have to do that for sure!

Mike - I was thinking about forming a custom cowling, but may end up purchasing one of yours. Do you sell the cowlings separately? Also, it looks like your cowlings are one pc for the whole length of the boat?? Thanks.

cybercrxt
08-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Shooter, I have two cowlings available for the GP series hulls. The FE prototype is what your boat was built to use, or the GP cowling which is the long one. To use it, you would need to cut out that divider in the middle of your hull so the cowling can lay flush. I sent you info via PM. Mike

Shooter
09-22-2013, 09:20 AM
I think it's safe to say that KlassKote clear over Faskolor works well. I've taped over 10x and no paint problems. You can try to dig a fingernail into the paint and it's hard as a rock. Won't scrape off. Klasskote is some good stuff!

There is a spot on the side of the boat that did flake off. However, it is all the way down the wood. Just poor prep from the original rattle can paint job.