PDA

View Full Version : supervee 27

yudruln8
07-16-2008, 10:51 PM
hi im new to electrics i had nitros but wanna try electrics i bought my first electric boat the other day a supervee 27 its used but in good condition i have a few questions i wanna know if i can stick a kb 45 motor in it with a 100 apm esc with this fit or work question two is batterys i have a guy selling me some lighty used nimh he has i believe they are 6 cell 4600 mah he is selling me 4 of the for 80 bucks im on a budget i have 630 to spend i used 165 for the boat so that leaves me with like 485 to spend on goodies should i stick to nimh and save up for lipos i think so two more questions how many amps is the stock esc of my super vee and how many nimh cell equals a lipo like 4s1p is 4 cells correct since these batterys are stronger how many nimh will it take to be equal thanks any help will be great

ghostofpf1
07-16-2008, 11:08 PM
I believe the Stock SV27 ESC is 45 amps and max 14 cells nimh or 4s lipo.

HTH
Ghost

ChaKane
07-16-2008, 11:37 PM
I second that. 45amps with max 14 cells or 4s. That said, I have seen a few run with more but wouldn't like to try it myself.

Test0055
07-17-2008, 08:52 AM
I run my boat on both 12cell Nimh and 4cell LiPo. I say, go for LiPo's only.
The 4cell LiPo is so much faster and nicer to use....

The boat is made for 2 packs in series so you need to make a deans plug with a looped cable if you use 1x 4cell LiPo pack. It's super easy to make, just solder a short wire to both connectors on a deans male connector making a closed circuit, plug it in one of the boats wiring harnesses and plug the LiPo in the other.

No need to change the motor and Esc. The stock performance is very good.
Go buy some 4cell LiPo's about 4000mah and some Graupner K45 propellers, it's a good start and will give you hours of racing fun.

yudruln8
07-17-2008, 07:53 PM
hi thank you all for the infomation i am going to buy 2 4s lipos and a lipo shield and a ubec i will post pics of my boat i think it has dean connects already

Test0055
07-17-2008, 08:30 PM
The boat come stock with Deans, yes. Just beware the wiring harness is in series DO NOT plug the two 4s LiPos in, you need to use a Deans plug with a loop on one wire and the LiPo pack on the other wire, or.... rewire to parallell and run both packs for double mah capacity.

Just a heads up mate so you don't go fry it.

Mich. Maniac
07-17-2008, 09:40 PM
KSSI ran 24 cells in series to his trying to blow it and it didnt do anything. Really wasnt any faster prolly cause the weight. Or maybe the esc just limits voltage somehow. Just an interesting factoid thought I would share.

ChaKane
07-18-2008, 03:52 AM
I ran one set of Lipos in series before I changed the wiring to parallel and fried one of the lipos. Swelled like I have never seen. Don't forget that the standard SV ESC does not have a low voltage cutoff which probably contributed also but it was only one of the packs that copped the hammering. Now that things are parallel I haven't had any problems.

yudruln8
07-18-2008, 07:43 PM
hi thanks for the information and help guys im gonna buy a 440/3 prop from this site balanced and sharpened but they are out of stock so i have to wait will it run good with this prop how do i figure out how many amps i will be drawing and i think im gonna buy those hollow brass lines and make a better water jacket for the motor anyone know how much speed i can get out of the stock motor and esc if i was to buy a better esc could i push the motor more or it doesn't make a difference.

yudruln8
07-24-2008, 05:11 PM
well i just got my lipos in 2 4s1p 4800mah and 4 2s1p 1300 mah a ubec and a voltage reader can any one tell me how i can setup the 4 2s1p to run in the super vee to make them like 4s2p and how to wire the 4s2p to get long run times like a photo or something thanks i have a 440/3 prop i think im gonna go and buy a 645 is what other people are running correct or something like that can any one help guys thanks