PDA

View Full Version : Revolt Quality Control Improving or Just Inconsistant?

skeeler
08-24-2013, 10:18 PM
I've seen two Revolt 30s in person. One was bought a week or two ago. Its decals are all very straight, and the hardware is all placed correctly. The other is older, but I don't know its exact vintage. Its decals are almost all crooked, one trim tab is mounted at a large angle with respect to the deadrise, and one turn fit is at an odd angle as well. Do these two data points indicated that Aquacraft's quality control is improving, or is it merely spotty. What can one do to ensure that they receive a boat with better quality control?

Thanks.

dirtnsnowrider
08-24-2013, 11:45 PM
They are much better now than when they first came out. My first gen Revolt (product launch) had very bad gel coat issues and the red gel coat just peeled away when I removed my hatch tape. The stuff tube seems to be better reinforced now as well. Hell my Revolt had a 2 inch moth that hitched a ride across the ocean to greet me when I took my hatch off. To bad it was dead or my cats would have had fun with that as well as the wrapping. The Revolts coming out now are appear to be better but you can always come across a stinker from time to time as with any mass produced RTR boat. If you are worried about getting a new Revolt that doesnt have issues, you better visit your local hobby shop and see if they have one on display. Other than that you will have to take the gamble. No need to worry as Aquacraft's support is pretty awesome(my experiences). I told them about my gel coat issue and they were willing to send me a new boat. I planned on painting it anyway so I was not bothered. My Revolt also had a flex shaft that was cracked at the shaft and looked like it might break and Aquacraft (hobbico) replaced it after I sent them a pic of it.