PDA

View Full Version : BBY Zephyr - Carbon/Kevlar - SAW/Oval Scale (Sport) Hydro - IMPBA and NAMBA legal

LiPo Power
08-18-2013, 08:36 PM
BOAT SOLD, THANK YOU...!

I need money --- drop by $50.00 so now it is $200.00 !!!!! shipped US and Canada!!!

Up for sale is IMPBA legal SAW Sport Hydro and is also suitable for oval use.

Custom paint!!!!

This model will be sold as hull, hatch, water-cooled motor mount, antenna mount, water inlet
UL-1 hardware: flex shaft 1/16 with prop shaft, prop strut, drive dog, rudder, turn fin with mount (installed), cooling lines
Rudder servo Futaba S3151 with push rod from UL-1 is also part of it. Installed servo and esc mounts.

Features and Description:

•For lightweight purposes, this hull was constructed using the plastic shell and fully lined with Carbon/Kevlar fiber weave on the top, bottom, and hatch (the blue seen in the pictures is Kevlar).•NOTE: This is the version of the BBY Zephyr that features the redesigned top to reduce lift at higher speeds. In other words, this is the latest generation, not the original.

•Sponson areas are reinforced with two layers thick at 45 degrees.

•During construction, thin CA was flowed across the CF/Kevlar material, partially melting the plastic for a chemical bond that cannot be removed or peeled without extreme effort.

•A thin layer of finishing epoxy was brushed over the bottom where components sit.

•Entire hull has been reinforced with Carbon rod for bracing purposes. The model is very stiff with very minimal flexing.

•The motor mount was modified to tie directly into Carbon rod bracing. This means that when running motors with higher torque, the load is spread across the entire bottom of the boat vice other methods where the bottom may flex.

•Features an OSE water-cooled motor mount to accommodate 380 to 540 size motors. I have run larger motors in this hull with diameters exceeding 36mm, but must be compatible with standard 540 spacing for the screws

•Transom is doubled with both Carbon/Kevlar fabric and high impact Lexan. This allows for extreme stress without being brittle and fracturing.

•Driveline is offset to allow for larger diameter props and to avoid prop walk.

•Features ride pads that reduce planning surface for higher speeds, but does not negatively affect lower speed applications.

•Model gets on plane without any plowing, even from a dead stop, even with the CG pushed forward.

•Measures just under 27" in length.

•All decals are vinyl and can be easily peeled off if you choose to do so.

•No electronics were burnt in the model and does not have the associated odor.

•The model has not sustained any damage since construction.

Sale Price is $250.00 US and Canada, shipped!!!!
Payment via Paypal, EMT or cash if local pick up.

•The first person that posts that they will buy this model within this thread will be honored.
Simply asking a question does not constitute a commitment to purchase. No PMs with intent to purchase will be honored.

•Paypal info will be provided via PM for security reasons.

Thank You

miyage007
08-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Im interested. Where's the pics?

LiPo Power
08-18-2013, 08:55 PM
More pictures....

LiPo Power
08-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Please let me know if you need more pictures....

Namba328
08-19-2013, 03:23 AM
why is there a whole in the turnfin side sponson???

lenny
08-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Looks like it is for a turn fin bracket thread block access.

LiPo Power
08-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks Lenny.
It is there to have access to the turn fin
reinforcement plate and screws.

LiPo Power
08-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Boat includes all UL-1 hardware.... ( no prop )

LiPo Power
08-21-2013, 08:41 PM
New price drop!!!!

$200.00 shipped!!!!

Brushless55
08-21-2013, 09:27 PM
does this boat need 2s packs or can a single 4s fit?
and what prop have you used with the UL-1 power?

might need a new LSH

LiPo Power
08-21-2013, 09:36 PM
2 x 2S packs and I was testing it out with 40x57/3...

tlandauer
08-21-2013, 09:44 PM
I will take it at $200 !

LiPo Power
08-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Wicked....
I will sent you PM with my PP and please respond with your shipping info.
Thank You
Robert

I will take it at $200 !

LiPo Power
08-21-2013, 10:26 PM
BOAT SOLD!!!!

Payment received, Thank You.
I will follow up with you with the shipping details when done.

tlandauer
08-21-2013, 10:57 PM
BOAT SOLD!!!!

Payment received, Thank You.
I will follow up with you with the shipping details when done.
Good, I wasn't sure if anything will go thru, there is no Facebook and You Tube, experiencing real censorship.
Thanks and we will communicate. On a side note, I will be going to Shanghai and I hear there is a big RC expo there, hopefully I get to go and see what new products are on the horizon.

LiPo Power
08-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Boat shipped!
Shipping info sent via PM.
Please let me know when you get it.
Cheers

tlandauer
08-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Boat shipped!
Shipping info sent via PM.
Please let me know when you get it.
Cheers
Thank you and PM received. Thanks for the extra care given to packing, I shall look forward to having this boat and don't mind me if I ask questions with regard to set up.
Fighting jet lag, will post pictures of the 10th Shanghai RC Model EXPO. Along with my newly acquired US COAST GUARD scale boat when I recover from being away so long not working on my boats.

tlandauer
09-03-2013, 06:23 PM
Boat arrived safe and sound! Out of this world packing! :buttrock:
man, your expanding foam made this bomb-proof, never seen anything like this! :bowdown:
I put some pin stripe around the cockpit and the windshield, hope you approve it! :rockon2:104845 104846 104847
Thank you for the deal!

LiPo Power
09-04-2013, 12:35 AM
So glad you have it, thank You.
Silver around looks great....

Boat arrived safe and sound! Out of this world packing! :buttrock:
man, your expanding foam made this bomb-proof, never seen anything like this! :bowdown:
I put some pin stripe around the cockpit and the windshield, hope you approve it! :rockon2:104845 104846 104847
Thank you for the deal!