PDA

View Full Version : seaking 180 esc

urbs00007
08-12-2013, 01:10 AM
every time I hook up my battery to run ( leopard 4082 1600 kv on 6-s with tactic 2.4 pistol radio, I need to set throttle endpoints . lvc is shut-off ( I time my runs) what gives? esc runs cool and flawless. get 2 beeps at full throttle and 2 beeps at no throttle. if dont set end-points get single repeating beep (slow ) with no throttle response.

goldfinger
08-12-2013, 02:25 AM
single slow beep is telling you that you have power yet have not armed the system yet.

Moving the thr forward and back holding for beeps arms the system.

785boats
08-12-2013, 03:28 AM
Is your throttle trim set to zero in the neutral position? The slow beep usually means that the ESC is hunting for the centre point. But also make sure the end points on the TX are set to at least 100% if the radio has those adjustments.

tlandauer
08-12-2013, 05:33 AM
On the Tactic, there is no separate Throttle EPA, the Throttle Trim must be set at dead center.
BTW, I am sure your channel 2 (Throttle channel) is set at reverse, just reminding.

urbs00007
08-12-2013, 08:30 AM
how do you set at dead center?

tlandauer
08-12-2013, 01:02 PM
how do you set at dead center?
Turn the dial all the way both ways and see where center is, I have had that issue before.

Spartanator
03-01-2014, 09:18 PM
I don't want to create another thread so I will do my SK180 ?'s here (for now)... So far I have been running 6s on my FE (Spartan). I run stock propeller, stock cable, stock lipos, and 5" rudder, SK180/4082_1600kv, and all has EC5 connectors. I was running yesterday and everything was great! Today however, I went down to the docks as normal, turned my TX on, plugged the lipos, but then the motor had some bad cogging/jittering/loud noise.... It spins like it did before but I cannot get the motor to actually work! I have tried TWO radio systems, and un-hooking the servos, reprogramming the ESC (via card), and defaulting all setting on the TX/RX as well as the ESC. It's not more than a month old and it has been reliable.... I would post this in the Traxxas forum(s) but I have been banned since I..... Any help is appreciated! I have already emailed the retailer about the issue and hopefully we can get something done (waiting on emails). Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpY6wDMmAtQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUj_Pg8fX5X9GxVUoFmMy0mg

Spartanator
04-28-2014, 07:10 PM
I am sorta doing a bump on this thread....
I had my Sk180 die a while back and sent it in, well I got an email from them and you may be surprised what they had to say. I am unsure if it is true or not but it is directly from the Returns department. I won't attach the whole email but you get the idea:

=== Inspection Summary ===

ESC: SEAKING 180A ESC
Term: non-defect,
Purchased from authorized Dealer - YES, RMA replacement
Instruction: Offer another alternative. Seaking 180A will be discontinued in summer. we do not recommend to issue another Seaking 180A ESC as we do not want to cause a problem with a repair service in future. Instead, we are pleased to issue a replacement of Seaking 130A - HV (new design) Please let us know if you accept our suggestion.

ray schrauwen
04-28-2014, 11:58 PM
That's a pretty cool upgrade!